General GAA thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Re: General GAA thread

Postby Avenger » November 30th, 2019, 11:09 pm

6 all Ireland’s. The first 5 in a row.
Talk about going out on top.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Avenger
Brian O'Driscoll

Postby JB1973 » March 2nd, 2020, 1:15 pm

Looks that Tyrone Dublin game was a bit lively the weekend, the video doing the round of the half time punch up is very full on!
JB1973
Mullet

Postby Laighin Break » March 3rd, 2020, 9:11 am

JB1973 wrote:Looks that Tyrone Dublin game was a bit lively the weekend, the video doing the round of the half time punch up is very full on!

Media trying to blame Dublin for it, even naming Dublin players but no Tyrone ones :roll:
Owen Mulligan even chimed in. Pot kettle :roll:
Laighin Break
Mullet

Postby JB1973 » March 3rd, 2020, 12:25 pm

Laighin Break wrote:
JB1973 wrote:Looks that Tyrone Dublin game was a bit lively the weekend, the video doing the round of the half time punch up is very full on!

Media trying to blame Dublin for it, even naming Dublin players but no Tyrone ones :roll:
Owen Mulligan even chimed in. Pot kettle :roll:

I don't know that much about the GAA , the football is great to watch but the hurling (while skilful) I find hard to follow

Dublin recent record is fantastic no matter what sport your in to win 5 titles in a row is great going, but the law of averages says they are bound to slip up in a knock out game sooner or later, I thought Kerry could and proably should have won that first final last season.

Would they or one of the ulster teams be the biggest danger to Dublin this season?
JB1973
Mullet

Postby Dave Cahill » March 3rd, 2020, 1:17 pm

JB1973 wrote:
I don't know that much about the GAA , the football is great to watch but the hurling (while skilful) I find hard to follow

Dublin recent record is fantastic no matter what sport your in to win 5 titles in a row is great going, but the law of averages says they are bound to slip up in a knock out game sooner or later, I thought Kerry could and proably should have won that first final last season.

Would they or one of the ulster teams be the biggest danger to Dublin this season?

Kerry have everything it takes to beat Dublin - they have the players, the resources, the physical and mental strength and the heritage. They just haven't yet.

Tyrone can beat Dublin if Dublin aren't 100% on it. They have the system and the system is all, bow down before the system. They don't play much football - they play anti-football. Somewhat ironically they have a lot of really skilful players and some of their club sides are a joy to watch. The other thing about Tyrone is that, much as it has caused a crisis in football, they are possibly the only truely innovative team in gaelic games since the second world war.

Mayo have the players, but they have the mental fortitude and organisational backup of a slice of easi-single processed cheese food
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy

Previous

Return to Other Sports