Leinster announce Charity Cricket Challenge...

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Leinster announce Charity Cricket Challenge...

Post by sheepshagger »

A Leinster Rugby XI look set to face a Malahide CC President’s XI in a 20-20 cricket challenge match on Friday week, 19th May in Malahide Cricket Club.

Leinster look set to call on an impressive array of talent against the 2002 All-Ireland champions which could include the likes of Ireland scrum-half Guy Easterby and England international prop Will Green.

Also expected to be named in next week's squad is Leinster’s Brian O'Riordan - who was capped for both Leinster and Ireland at underage levels and whose father Alec was one of Ireland's greatest ever cricketers.

Other players and members of the backroom team will also be included.

The Leinster side will be captained by former Ireland and current Leinster assistant coach Gerry Murphy. There will be music, a BBQ and a collection and post-match raffle will be made on the day to the 'Welcome Home' Charity supporting Fr. Peter McVerry who works with young homeless people in Dublin.

Play is scheduled to start at 6pm.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Re: Leinster announce Charity Cricket Challenge...

Post by ckav »

sheepshagger wrote:A Leinster Rugby XI look set to face a Malahide CC President’s XI in a 20-20 cricket challenge match on Friday week, 19th May in Malahide Cricket Club.

Leinster look set to call on an impressive array of talent against the 2002 All-Ireland champions which could include the likes of Ireland scrum-half Guy Easterby and England international prop Will Green.

Also expected to be named in next week's squad is Leinster’s Brian O'Riordan - who was capped for both Leinster and Ireland at underage levels and whose father Alec was one of Ireland's greatest ever cricketers.

Other players and members of the backroom team will also be included.

The Leinster side will be captained by former Ireland and current Leinster assistant coach Gerry Murphy. There will be music, a BBQ and a collection and post-match raffle will be made on the day to the 'Welcome Home' Charity supporting Fr. Peter McVerry who works with young homeless people in Dublin.

Play is scheduled to start at 6pm.

I'll go to that.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Think id go aswell for a laugh and its for a good cause - but its on the eve of the HEC Final (so wont be here) :(
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Why not!!! Cricket is the new rugby after all...... 8)
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Leinster til i die
Bookworm

Post by Leinster til i die »

sounds to be like it will all end up in the dreaded Gibney's and the newly renovated Tamango's combo................
"its a sunday, if you want to go to church, go there and worship Brian O'Driscoll". - Stuart Barnes 22/1/06
dingbat
Mullet

Post by dingbat »

Ah cr@p - the 19th! I'd have been well on for going to that, sounds like great fun...