MLB

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

tate
Shane Horgan

MLB

Post by tate »

well the season started last week, any thoughts on America's pastime?

Sox have stuttered to a 7-6 start, they appear to be having some bullpen issues? But they won their series against the yankees on sunday so maybe its not all bad.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
tate
Shane Horgan

Re: MLB

Post by tate »

Sox came from 3-1 down to cleveland to 4-4 to win 6-4 with a Ramirez double HR in the ninth. Lester had another poor game for sox opening pitchers, but a win is a win.

Manny also now moves to 24 all time for HRs
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

Haven't managed to see a game yet this season. Lucky that the dollar is worth almost nothng or I'd be getting annoyed at paying $20 to mlb.tv a month for only two or three innings worth of baseball.

Let's Go Red Sox!
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

brian_c wrote:Haven't managed to see a game yet this season. Lucky that the dollar is worth almost nothng or I'd be getting annoyed at paying $20 to mlb.tv a month for only two or three innings worth of baseball.

Let's Go Red Sox!
You should get NASN, full games, live games and magazine shows. Its very good.
I have Bumbleflex
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Dave Cahill wrote:
brian_c wrote:Haven't managed to see a game yet this season. Lucky that the dollar is worth almost nothng or I'd be getting annoyed at paying $20 to mlb.tv a month for only two or three innings worth of baseball.

Let's Go Red Sox!
You should get NASN, full games, live games and magazine shows. Its very good.
he aint lying.

Although its too late now, you would also have gotten every ML game setanta showed as well.
brian_c
Mullet

Post by brian_c »

I used have NASN, but I only want to watch Sox games. MLB.tv lets me chose which game I want to watch whenever I have time to watch one, so the Sox are always available. Also, with it's 1.2Mbits streaming the quality is virtually indistinguishable from the telly (more so if I output the picture from the computer to the telly).

Nothing more annoying than when they show the Sox game with the oppo's tv coverage though.
Its a by-pass. You've got to build by-passes.
Give us a swerve Girve
Bookworm

Post by Give us a swerve Girve »

As long as they beat the Yankees,
In BOD we trust
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Anyone see last nights game between the Reds and the Phillies?

19 Innings, total carnage, in the last inning the Phillies had run out of pitchers, so they had their second baseman pitch (and he did quite well, speed in the high 80s though his control was a little off). Phillies won 4-5 with a one out sac fly RBI in the bottom of the 19th, at 1.19 am local time, well after all the west coast games even had finished. Incredible stuff, and second baseman Wilson Valdez picked up the win, the first time a non pitcher has done so since the bambino in 1921!
I have Bumbleflex
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

The Red Sox really have gotten their act together in the last fortnight or so. Just watching them spank the Detroit Tigers here, who are a decent side with a winning record this season. MLB is a phenomenal sport in that a team can get off to the most appalling of starts to their campaign, as the Red Sox did this year, and yet be right back in the mix after a very short period owing to the sheer number of games.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
22dropout
Bookworm

Post by 22dropout »

Crawford is starting to look like the real deal. Once the triples start flowing you know he is in the zone. Still think they are 1 short form wise in their starting rotation to beat the phillies. Maybe Lackey might come good once he gets fit.