Used Car Salesmen play Argentina in LR

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Mauler
Seán Cronin

Used Car Salesmen play Argentina in LR

Post by Mauler »

Any idea how the Used Car Salesmen 10 year ticket sales at €32,000 are selling, like hot cakes I would imagine :wink:
And I would hope that the tenants would hardly be allowed to play the first International match in the Oldest Rugby Ground in the world? Hopefully the IRFU can organise the proper curtain raiser for the stadium.

Diego for Dublin
DIEGO MARADONA'S Argentina will take on Ireland in the first soccer international at the new Lansdowne Road.

The South Americans have agreed to be the high-profile guests on August 18, 2010 when the refurbished venue returns to the spotlight.

FAI chief executive John Delaney stated earlier this week that a game had been booked but the association would not be revealing the identity of the opposition until the New Year.

However, the Irish Independent can confirm that the two-time World Cup winners will be Ireland's guests on the historic night.

They last visited 10 years ago, when they had a comfortable 2-0 win at the old Lansdowne in a game notable, from an Irish perspective, for the home debut of a teenage Robbie Keane.

Unveiling

This week, they played Scotland in a friendly with the SFA forking out £800,000 to bring them to Hampden Park.

The FAI will be hoping that Maradona is still at the helm by the time the Lansdowne unveiling comes around as his presence gave the Scots a publicity boost as they struggled to fill seats for their encounter; they still only managed to muster up a turnout of 32,492 and deny they made a loss.

The FAI is battling the current economic climate as it bids to sell 10-year premium tickets in the new ground. It has to start making financial contributions to the project from January, with Delaney saying sales are on course despite speculation to the contrary.

The Argentina match will take place in the first international window after the conclusion of the 2010 World Cup in South Africa.
http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/ ... 48192.html
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Re: Used Car Salesmen play Argentina in LR

Post by Leinsterman »

Delaney desperately trying to convince the media that they have sold an amount "well into four figures" of tickets to date. Insiders are claiming they have in fact sold 400. :shock:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
John_C
Bookworm

Post by John_C »

Leinsterman wrote:Delaney desperately trying to convince the media that they have sold an amount "well into four figures" of tickets to date. Insiders are claiming they have in fact sold 400. :shock:
At a guess I'd say that most of that 400 are sponsors and others obliged to take the tickets. I'd be surprised if even that many were sold properly.
Party like it's 1929!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

John_C wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:Delaney desperately trying to convince the media that they have sold an amount "well into four figures" of tickets to date. Insiders are claiming they have in fact sold 400. :shock:
At a guess I'd say that most of that 400 are sponsors and others obliged to take the tickets. I'd be surprised if even that many were sold properly.
I hear they've just about sold 1000, who's gonna pay for this inevitable shortfall in funds? The IRFU?
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Off thread I know - but I would rather deal with a used-car salesman than a used-house salesman any day! :D
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:I hear they've just about sold 1000
Delaney claims thats this figure puts them on track. They need to sell 500 a month between now and February 2010 to reach their target apparently.
What is quite worrying is the fact he says he hopes an upswing in the economy in 2010 will provide them with a rush in ticket purchases.

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:who's gonna pay for this inevitable shortfall in funds? The IRFU?

You and me via our taxes when the govt. will probably have to step in and pick up the bill.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

This article also assumes Maradona will still be manager in August 2010, which for me is a quite faniful notion.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Leinsterman wrote:
BlueArmyOriginal wrote:I hear they've just about sold 1000
Delaney claims thats this figure puts them on track. They need to sell 500 a month between now and February 2010 to reach their target apparently.
What is quite worrying is the fact he says he hopes an upswing in the economy in 2010 will provide them with a rush in ticket purchases.

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:who's gonna pay for this inevitable shortfall in funds? The IRFU?

You and me via our taxes when the govt. will probably have to step in and pick up the bill.
Looks like The Used Car Salesmen are behind target if they 'hope to have 6,000 Ten Year Tickets sold by Autumn' ... we'll wait and see!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

VIVA STADIUM FINANCING : FAI CHIEF executive John Delaney remains confident the FAI will meet its financial commitment to the new Aviva Stadium.

The new Lansdowne Road is scheduled for completion in April at a cost of €411 million. The Government has put up €191 million with both the FAI and Irish Rugby Football Union obliged to meet the remainder equally between them. Insurance company Aviva has bought the 10-year naming rights to the new ground for just over €40 million.

The FAI’s chief source of financing their part of the project is to come from the sale of 10,000, 10-year tickets, though suggestions remain that sales have been slow with the association refusing to issues figures.

“I’ve no doubt we will have 6,000 tickets away by the autumn – no question about that,” insisted Delaney yesterday on the figure believed to be their break even point.

“I think we’ll even have more. We’ll have 6,000. I have absolutely no doubt about that. Including the naming rights we have €70 million put into the project and by the end of next month we will have €75 million.”

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/spo ... 71971.html

If they have 40m / 2 = 20m from the sale of the naming rights, and if according to the Chief Used Car Salesman the tenants will have 75m in the bank by the end of next month. So they have aprox 55m in sales. Then, lets suppose that they have sold only the 'cheap seats' at 15k - it would mean that they will have sold 3,666 seats by the end of next month. Thats a long way shy of the 10,000 they need to sell. Back to Dalyer with ya's!!!
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Mauler wrote: 2010/0116/1224262471971.html

If they have 40m / 2 = 20m from the sale of the naming rights, and if according to the Chief Used Car Salesman the tenants will have 75m in the bank by the end of next month. So they have aprox 55m in sales. Then, lets suppose that they have sold only the 'cheap seats' at 15k - it would mean that they will have sold 3,666 seats by the end of next month. Thats a long way shy of the 10,000 they need to sell. Back to Dalyer with ya's!!!
I lie awake at night fantasising that a rich Russian oligarch or Arab Sheik decides to "buy out " the used car salesmens' share of the new stadium...he just gives the IRFU 100 million quid to buy off Delaney and Co on condition that chavball never again darkens the national rugby stadium and that all those bricks in the Chavball Walk of Fame saying "Macker luvs Robbie Keane, go on ya gud ting" are ripped up....oh and Delaney along with his ridiculous hair is forever banned from the place too.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

combatlogo wrote:

I lie awake at night fantasising that a rich Russian oligarch or Arab Sheik decides to "buy out " the used car salesmens' share of the new stadium...he just gives the IRFU 100 million quid to buy off Delaney and Co on condition that chavball never again darkens the national rugby stadium and that all those bricks in the Chavball Walk of Fame saying "Macker luvs Robbie Keane, go on ya gud ting" are ripped up....oh and Delaney along with his ridiculous hair is forever banned from the place too.
:lol:
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
bluedabadi
Knowledgeable

Post by bluedabadi »

Hickiefan wrote:
combatlogo wrote:

:lol:
:lol: :lol: