for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Brian Kerr to manage 185th best team in the world

Post by Slipper1 »

irishtimes.com wrote:Kerr appointed as Faroe Islands manager
NOEL O'REILLY

Former Republic of Ireland boss Brian Kerr has returned to international football management after being named as the new manager of the Faroe Islands. Kerr, a soccer analyst for the Irish Times , was unveiled at a press conference in the north Atlantic islands this morning.

Kerr’s appointment may surprise some within the game but the 56-year-old – who failed to win a new contract from the FAI in 2005 – is looking forward to getting back to work.

“It has always been my intention to go back into coaching and management,” Kerr said this morning. “It will be a very interesting and difficult challenge, but one I look forward to getting my teeth into.

“I have been extremely impressed with the ambition and enthusiasm shown by everyone at the Faroese FA, and other key figures I have met who are involved in the development of the game there”.

Kerr, who faced the Faroes during Ireland’s unsuccessful 2006 World Cup qualifying campaign, had worked as a director of football with St Patrick’s Athletic after leaving the Ireland job but that ended last year.

He had previously applied for the South African job while speculation linking the Dubliner with a number of other management positions came to nothing.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Kyle
Knowledgeable

Re: Brian Kerr to manage 185th best team in the world

Post by Kyle »

desperate times and all that.
Brannigans Law is like Brannigans love, hard and fast!