Barca!

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Barca!

Postby Donny B. » April 22nd, 2009, 10:20 pm

They really do play some beautiful football. Really hope they go on and win the Champions League.
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Barca!

Postby Bosco » April 23rd, 2009, 12:47 am

if it turns out to be a Barca V Arsenal final again, there is going to be 15 goals in the game!!!! it'll be a cracker, 20 if Arse Shavin was eligible.
User avatar
Bosco
Mullet
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: February 12th, 2006, 3:29 pm
Location: Home of Irish Rugby

Re: Barca!

Postby simonno6 » April 27th, 2009, 6:26 pm

Bosco wrote:if it turns out to be a Barca V Arsenal final again, there is going to be 15 goals in the game!!!! it'll be a cracker, 20 if Arse Shavin was eligible.


MASSIVE if... United will destroy them over 2 legs. Class will come to the fore.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby Bosco » April 27th, 2009, 6:57 pm

simonno6 wrote:
Bosco wrote:if it turns out to be a Barca V Arsenal final again, there is going to be 15 goals in the game!!!! it'll be a cracker, 20 if Arse Shavin was eligible.


MASSIVE if... United will destroy them over 2 legs. Class will come to the fore.



Hopefully
User avatar
Bosco
Mullet
 
Posts: 1239
Joined: February 12th, 2006, 3:29 pm
Location: Home of Irish Rugby

Re: Barca!

Postby suisse » April 29th, 2009, 1:03 pm

I work for a leading bookmaker, and one of the guys working on the Spanish Helpdesk last Saturday got a price request off a customer - this is 100% true, and really calls into question the mentality of some people.............. he wanted odds on Samuel Eto'o to die on the pitch during this weekend's Real Madrid vs Barcelona match at the Bernabeu. Can you imagine someone here phoning up a bookie and asking for a similiar query for the smei-final? It's surreal.

A lot of people reckon this is the greatest Barcelona team of all time (even Juande Ramos said it), yet they are just 4 points clear of an oft-ridiculed Real Madrid side, with a trip to the Bernabeu coming this weekend, and potentially 90 minutes from going out of the Champions League in the semi finals. Either the team is over-rated, or this has to also be one of the best (certainly better performing) Real sides of all time.
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Barca!

Postby simonno6 » April 29th, 2009, 1:35 pm

suisse wrote:I work for a leading bookmaker, and one of the guys working on the Spanish Helpdesk last Saturday got a price request off a customer - this is 100% true, and really calls into question the mentality of some people.............. he wanted odds on Samuel Eto'o to die on the pitch during this weekend's Real Madrid vs Barcelona match at the Bernabeu. Can you imagine someone here phoning up a bookie and asking for a similiar query for the smei-final? It's surreal.

A lot of people reckon this is the greatest Barcelona team of all time (even Juande Ramos said it), yet they are just 4 points clear of an oft-ridiculed Real Madrid side, with a trip to the Bernabeu coming this weekend, and potentially 90 minutes from going out of the Champions League in the semi finals. Either the team is over-rated, or this has to also be one of the best (certainly better performing) Real sides of all time.


that is crazy!!

For all barca's attacking prowess, they're defence is flakey at the best of times. Marquez and Puyol are now out - Pique will do a job but with Valdes in between the sticks chelsea are favourites for me.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » April 29th, 2009, 2:40 pm

simonno6 wrote:
suisse wrote:I work for a leading bookmaker, and one of the guys working on the Spanish Helpdesk last Saturday got a price request off a customer - this is 100% true, and really calls into question the mentality of some people.............. he wanted odds on Samuel Eto'o to die on the pitch during this weekend's Real Madrid vs Barcelona match at the Bernabeu. Can you imagine someone here phoning up a bookie and asking for a similiar query for the smei-final? It's surreal.

A lot of people reckon this is the greatest Barcelona team of all time (even Juande Ramos said it), yet they are just 4 points clear of an oft-ridiculed Real Madrid side, with a trip to the Bernabeu coming this weekend, and potentially 90 minutes from going out of the Champions League in the semi finals. Either the team is over-rated, or this has to also be one of the best (certainly better performing) Real sides of all time.


that is crazy!!

For all barca's attacking prowess, they're defence is flakey at the best of times. Marquez and Puyol are now out - Pique will do a job but with Valdes in between the sticks chelsea are favourites for me.


Really is ridiculous with that defence! Chelsea should go on to win now but the thing is that Barca could easily go 2 up in the first 5 minutes,should be a great match!
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 12324
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby suisse » April 29th, 2009, 5:07 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
suisse wrote:I work for a leading bookmaker, and one of the guys working on the Spanish Helpdesk last Saturday got a price request off a customer - this is 100% true, and really calls into question the mentality of some people.............. he wanted odds on Samuel Eto'o to die on the pitch during this weekend's Real Madrid vs Barcelona match at the Bernabeu. Can you imagine someone here phoning up a bookie and asking for a similiar query for the smei-final? It's surreal.

A lot of people reckon this is the greatest Barcelona team of all time (even Juande Ramos said it), yet they are just 4 points clear of an oft-ridiculed Real Madrid side, with a trip to the Bernabeu coming this weekend, and potentially 90 minutes from going out of the Champions League in the semi finals. Either the team is over-rated, or this has to also be one of the best (certainly better performing) Real sides of all time.


that is crazy!!

For all barca's attacking prowess, they're defence is flakey at the best of times. Marquez and Puyol are now out - Pique will do a job but with Valdes in between the sticks chelsea are favourites for me.


Really is ridiculous with that defence! Chelsea should go on to win now but the thing is that Barca could easily go 2 up in the first 5 minutes,should be a great match!


We took a flurry of bets last night on the correct score, 4-4, so much so that the price crashed from 500-1 to 10-1 before kick off. Game ends 0-0 then - massive disappointment.

The difference between last night and the second leg is Chelsea will have to come out of their shell and actaully play a bit of football. Their attitude was a disgrace last night. This will create more space for Barcelona, but at the same time, expose that horrific Barca defense. These guys have the best defensive record in Spain.
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Barca!

Postby simonno6 » April 29th, 2009, 5:09 pm

im not suprised pp slashed the 4-4 odds to 10-1 so readily - They've taken a massive hit on that scoreline in the last couple of weeks.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby jezzer » April 29th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Chelsea were a disgrace last night. One of the most expensively assembled teams in the world, afraid to venture out of their own box, let alone their own half. It was puke football of the highest order. They couldn't string two passes together. Just hoofed it upfield and kicked lumps out of the nearest player.

Barca look good for a goal in London, which will leave Chelsea needing two. Barca will probably concede a goal, but I really hope they score a hatful - give those chickenshit Chelsea players a tonking. A final with Chelsea in it would be an embarassment to football.
User avatar
jezzer
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 7111
Joined: February 1st, 2006, 12:41 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby Leinster Zulu » April 29th, 2009, 6:31 pm

simonno6 wrote:im not suprised pp slashed the 4-4 odds to 10-1 so readily - They've taken a massive hit on that scoreline in the last couple of weeks.


I am. 10-1 for a 4-4 draw is ridiculous, whatever the circumstances.
User avatar
Leinster Zulu
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 7965
Joined: November 18th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby simonno6 » April 29th, 2009, 6:33 pm

Leinster Zulu wrote:
simonno6 wrote:im not suprised pp slashed the 4-4 odds to 10-1 so readily - They've taken a massive hit on that scoreline in the last couple of weeks.


I am. 10-1 for a 4-4 draw is ridiculous, whatever the circumstances.


Its all about risk management - When a company has lost half a mill on that scoreline in the past couple of weeks and the money is coming flying in, they have to cut the prices.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby suisse » April 29th, 2009, 6:45 pm

Leinster Zulu wrote:
simonno6 wrote:im not suprised pp slashed the 4-4 odds to 10-1 so readily - They've taken a massive hit on that scoreline in the last couple of weeks.


I am. 10-1 for a 4-4 draw is ridiculous, whatever the circumstances.


You don't understand on-line gambling, do you? When you consider how vulnerable gaming companies are to Fraud, and I can give you some amazing examples, a flurry of bets on a particular score like that has the alarm bells ringing. And there have been matches as high profile as Barcelona vs Chelsea riddled with Fraud in other sports.

Also, if PP's odds are poor on one market, it means they are stronger elsewhere. It's not like our odds are worse across the board. You probably would have gotten better odds with PP than Boyles, or Ladbrokes on Chelsea 3-2 for example...
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Barca!

Postby simonno6 » April 29th, 2009, 6:49 pm

At the end of the day - correct scores markets are a mugs game and just a bit of fun
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby suisse » April 29th, 2009, 7:19 pm

Horse racing is a mugs game...

If you select every Liverpool home match in the League throughout the season, and gamble on a 1-1, you'll come out with a serious profit. Certainly, Liverpool to draw at home.

Also, all non-League English football matches at 2-1 to the home team :D Another area for serious damage
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Barca!

Postby simonno6 » April 29th, 2009, 7:21 pm

I do like the idea of long-term betting options such as those.

I think it was two years ago when if you bet 10 yoyos on West Ham to win every game, you would have made more money than the same bets with Man United. :-)
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Barca!

Postby suisse » April 29th, 2009, 7:25 pm

It's a committment thing though - and thrawling through the papers checking form whatever. There are serious non-League football punters who clean up with that - no-one else will put money on Tamworth to beat Forest Green 2-1.

Betting is a bit of fun, as long as you keep it under control.

Boxing is another great sport - how many times in a big fight throughout a 12 month period, does the favourite NOT win? Whatever the figure, you make a good profit there too.
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4876
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Barca!

Postby Donny B. » May 6th, 2009, 9:41 pm

Got out of jail, despite not being very good.

Tahnks God it's not another Chelsea Man U final.
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Barca!

Postby Donny B. » May 6th, 2009, 9:43 pm

Chelsea players a disgrace, no shock there!
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Barca!

Postby simonno6 » May 6th, 2009, 9:43 pm

Donny B. wrote:Got out of jail, despite not being very good.

Tahnks God it's not another Chelsea Man U final.


theres something so beautiful about seeing lampards and terrys hearts been broken yet again. Whingy bastards!

United will destroy Barca on that performance.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2360
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Next

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest