Dublin GAA Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

TheRugbyDude wrote:...Dublin fans are the biggest crowd of scum i have seen since I had the misfortune to be in town on the day if the riots!

...Gaa fans from Dublin are knackers who are bored because soccer season is over. No wonder the rest of the country hates them!
wow, so I'm not only soccer scum, I'm also a part of the biggest crowd of scum as well as a knacker.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

limecat wrote:
TheRugbyDude wrote:...Dublin fans are the biggest crowd of scum i have seen since I had the misfortune to be in town on the day if the riots!

...Gaa fans from Dublin are knackers who are bored because soccer season is over. No wonder the rest of the country hates them!
wow, so I'm not only soccer scum, I'm also a part of the biggest crowd of scum as well as a knacker.
Well you know (looks around nervously for Eve) what D15 types are like :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
TheRugbyDude
Bookworm

Post by TheRugbyDude »

No insult intended to you Limecat, i am very impressed with your accomplishments on this site, so you're ok in my book.

However, if you had been misfortunate to be in Longford at the weekend you will see what i mean - topless, tatooed men drinking and pissing and cursing in public constitute "scum" in my book, and for that reason, i hope my Laois boys send them crashing out next round!
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

TheRugbyDude wrote:No insult intended to you Limecat, i am very impressed with your accomplishments on this site, so you're ok in my book.

However, if you had been misfortunate to be in Longford at the weekend you will see what i mean - topless, tatooed men drinking and pissing and cursing in public constitute "scum" in my book, and for that reason, i hope my Laois boys send them crashing out next round!
We'll give those culchies a lesson in how to play football :wink:
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Reckon tickets are going to be tough to get? It'll be a double header that day.... :(
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

While there were a small number of incidents, the opinion of the local Gardai was that they were minor given that there were 15,000 at the game on a hot sunny day.

I was down at the rugby club and there was no trouble, everyone outside having a laugh.

I think calling Dub fans scum is out of line.

Those of us in Toulouse witnessed our own brand of Leinster scum from N...!
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

limecat wrote:

Yeah ... Apparently I'm the same as you Limey. Scummy Mc Scum as I shall now be known.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

So that's it lads. We're all scum. No more heading to Croker and having pints in Fairview or Drumcondra afterwards.
Glad that's all ben sorted out. :roll:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Dubs to play Laois on Sunday
DUBLIN (SF v Laois) - S Cluxton; D Henry, B Cahill, P Griffin; P Casey, B Cullen, C Goggins; C Whelan, S Ryan; C Keaney, A Brogan, K Bonner; T Quinn, R Cosgrove, J Sherlock. Subs: J Leonard, P Andrews, N O'Shea, D O'Callaghan, M Vaughan, Senan Connell, D Lally, P Christie, D Bastick, B Brogan, G Norton, D O'Mahony, R McConnell, C Prenderville, S O'Shaughnessy.
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

thecoolfreak wrote:Dubs to play Laois on Sunday
DUBLIN (SF v Laois) - S Cluxton; D Henry, B Cahill, P Griffin; P Casey, B Cullen, C Goggins; C Whelan, S Ryan; C Keaney, A Brogan, K Bonner; T Quinn, R Cosgrove, J Sherlock. Subs: J Leonard, P Andrews, N O'Shea, D O'Callaghan, M Vaughan, Senan Connell, D Lally, P Christie, D Bastick, B Brogan, G Norton, D O'Mahony, R McConnell, C Prenderville, S O'Shaughnessy.
:shock: Wow. I didn't see any of that coming but, whatever about the changes to the inside fowards, the moving of Cullen to 6 is probably a good idea against this Laois team. Ross Munnelly scares the sh!t out of me to be honest.

I see Colly Moran is not even on the bench. That can't be good...
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Duke Raoul wrote:
:shock: Wow. I didn't see any of that coming but, whatever about the changes to the inside fowards, the moving of Cullen to 6 is probably a good idea against this Laois team. Ross Munnelly scares the sh!t out of me to be honest.

Why is Moran still not playing? Fairs dues to Cosgrave. He puts a massive effort in, p in the gym very second night
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Hmm, quite an interesting selection

I'm happy with Cullen moving to centre-back.
He's a good forward but I really think he could really dominate the game from centre-back. I didn't see the game in Longford so I don't know if Vaughan deserved to be dropped, despite getting the only goal. Cosgrove deserves a start after a great club campaign with Crokes. If he focuses on his game rather than proving himself a "hard-man" then he could be a valuable addition. I'm still not thrilled with midfield but until Darren Magee is back there isn't much we can do about it really.

It's going to be another tough, tight game I reckon, with possibly only a point in it again!
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

thecoolfreak wrote:
Duke Raoul wrote:

Why is Moran still not playing? Fairs dues to Cosgrave. He puts a massive effort in, p in the gym very second night
Moran's injury has regressed. He was on the bench the last day, but is not fit enough this time.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Skyhawk
Mullet

Post by Skyhawk »

TheRugbyDude wrote:Man i was at the game in Longford, first Gaa match involving the Dubs ive attended in many a year, and all i can say is that Crazy David is corrrect - Dublin fans are the biggest crowd of scum i have seen since I had the misfortune to be in town on the day if the riots!

The amount of knackers with shirts off, tatoos saying "Eire32" or Liverpool or Celtic, pissing in public, etc etc u get the impression. Im sure the poor decent people of Longford are still in shock after the invasion!

As far as i see it, Gaa fans around the country are decent normal Irish people.
Gaa fans from Dublin are knackers who are bored because soccer season is over. No wonder the rest of the country hates them!
tbh, I find Dublin fans grand. The vast majority of them (like other counties) are their to support their team and have the craic b4 & afterwards. People that act like scum are not fans and should not be classed as such.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Skyhawk wrote:
TheRugbyDude wrote:Man i was at the game in Longford, first Gaa match involving the Dubs ive attended in many a year, and all i can say is that Crazy David is corrrect - Dublin fans are the biggest crowd of scum i have seen since I had the misfortune to be in town on the day if the riots!

The amount of knackers with shirts off, tatoos saying "Eire32" or Liverpool or Celtic, pissing in public, etc etc u get the impression. Im sure the poor decent people of Longford are still in shock after the invasion!

As far as i see it, Gaa fans around the country are decent normal Irish people.
Gaa fans from Dublin are knackers who are bored because soccer season is over. No wonder the rest of the country hates them!
tbh, I find Dublin fans grand. The vast majority of them (like other counties) are their to support their team and have the craic b4 & afterwards. People that act like scum are not fans and should not be classed as such.
Skyhawk, I wouldn't waste your time on this bigot, basically he's just a snob.

Guys like this only need to see one or two Dublin fans misbehaving to confirm their view that all Dublin fans are knackers, skangers, scumbags etc. etc. blah..blah...blah...

I'm not saying all Dublin fans are saints but most of the anti-social element are p**sed young fellas and every G.A.A team in the country has a certain element of that.

As was said earlier in the thread, the overwhelming majority of Dublin fans are just there for the football and the craic before and afterwards.

People "with the their shirts off". Well, heaven forfend!!!!!!
He's obviously never been around the Leinster Ultras when Father Abraham has kicked off!
Perhaps such a delicate flower as RugbyDude should go shopping with the girls to Dundrum for the afternoon instead, if he's so easily offended. :lol: :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Apparently hes a bit of a troll, for totally incomprehensible reasons he stalks Leinsterman :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:Apparently hes a bit of a troll, for totally incomprehensible reasons he stalks Leinsterman :lol:
He stalks Leinsterman? :shock:

My God, he's obviously beyond help if that's the case.

I feel guilty for slagging the poor f**ker now :lol:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Great performance today. Didin't expect us to play that well at all. Cahill and Cosgrave in particular had great games. Bonner looked like the only weak link and at that he didn't do too badly
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

TheRugbyDude wrote:i hope my Laois boys send them crashing out next round!
Looks like you'll have to wait for another year after that pathetic performance today. :mrgreen:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Leinsterman wrote:
TheRugbyDude wrote:i hope my Laois boys send them crashing out next round!
Looks like you'll have to wait for another year after that pathetic performance today. :mrgreen:
:lol: