Dublin GAA Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Colm wrote:Image

G'wan the Suuuuuuper Dubs!
Who was the Dublin "Langer" who was playing the Fields of Athenry on a trumpet outside the ground, after the match ? :roll: And the crowd that joined in ? :? Are Dublin now twinned with Turnipstan ? :shock:
T - 45
bluesky
Mullet

Post by bluesky »

Well the Dubs fans give the "Red Army" a run for their money in de besht fans in de wurddld" title. The pitch invasion was unreal like!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

bluesky wrote:Well the Dubs fans give the "Red Army" a run for their money in de besht fans in de wurddld" title. The pitch invasion was unreal like!
At least they didn't attack any players, which is about the only good thing that can be said about it
I have Bumbleflex
rex banner
Mullet

Post by rex banner »

Dave Cahill wrote:
bluesky wrote:Well the Dubs fans give the "Red Army" a run for their money in de besht fans in de wurddld" title. The pitch invasion was unreal like!
At least they didn't attack any players, which is about the only good thing that can be said about it
Well the players wouldn't have had anything of value on them.
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
,--ooO-----(_)-------------l
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
'--------------Ooo---------l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

rex banner wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Well the players wouldn't have had anything of value on them.

:lol:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

"... unreal like !". OMG, another turnipstani phrase. Maybe the conversion is happening right in front of our very eyes. :shock: ... Next thing you'll be saying "Ciaran Whelan .... Ligind !!" :shock: :shock: :shock:
T - 45
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Not a GAA fan, but heard on the radio this moring and am passing it on to those who care, the next Dublin match (1/4 final?) won't be a double header, :? sounds dirty.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sexy_rexy wrote:Not a GAA fan, but heard on the radio this moring and am passing it on to those who care, the next Dublin match (1/4 final?) won't be a double header, :? sounds dirty.
Yup. Per the IT this morning the Dubs are playing solo in Croker on 12th, with the Mayo/whoever match switched to Sunday as a double header with the Clare/Kilkenny Hurling semi-final. But according to the IT, it has not been fully agreed yet. Expect it to be a-greed by the weekend.
T - 45
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

It has been agreed by the GAA but they won't announce till the qualifiers are played this weekend so tickets can then go on sale.
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

You have to admire the GAA - they'll really cute when it comes to getting the most money in - I bet they've got their best men praying from a draw too - why fill Croke Park once when you can fill it twice.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Colm wrote:It has been agreed by the GAA but they won't announce till the qualifiers are played this weekend so tickets can then go on sale.
You should be able to get tickets now!!
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

LeopoldButters wrote:
Colm wrote:It has been agreed by the GAA but they won't announce till the qualifiers are played this weekend so tickets can then go on sale.
That would be unfair to Galway/Westmeath fans if tickets went on sale to Dublin fans a week before they're match was played
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Colm wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote:
That would be unfair to Galway/Westmeath fans if tickets went on sale to Dublin fans a week before they're match was played
i aint to worried about galway/westmeath fans since i've my allocation sorted!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

LeopoldButters wrote:
Colm wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote: You should be able to get tickets now!!
You do???

Well if you've any going spare, make sure to let you all your new best friends at Leinsterfans.com know. :wink:

In fairness this was a smart compromise by the G.A.A. Involving Dublin in Double-headers is just plain stupid and only puts more money into the hands of the scummy touts.

Delighted that it's a Saturday game too, so I won't has to take a Monday off to recover. :D

Also we must all remember to take a p**s in Crazy Dave's garden this time, just so we can live up to his image of us all being scumbags.

What's you address again CD? :lol: :lol:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

It's been confirmed now.

4.00 throw-in.
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Donny Brooke wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote:
Colm wrote: That would be unfair to Galway/Westmeath fans if tickets went on sale to Dublin fans a week before they're match was played
You do???

Well if you've any going spare, make sure to let you all your new best friends at Leinsterfans.com know. :wink:

In fairness this was a smart compromise by the G.A.A. Involving Dublin in Double-headers is just plain stupid and only puts more money into the hands of the scummy touts.

Delighted that it's a Saturday game too, so I won't has to take a Monday off to recover. :D

Also we must all remember to take a p**s in Crazy Dave's garden this time, just so we can live up to his image of us all being scumbags.

Just beware, the Cops are adopting a zero-tolerance policy policy to anti-social behaviour inside the cordon. Wouldn't want anyone to be picked up by the fuzz :wink: :wink: They let you act the B... and follow you up to the last barricade before the Stadium, then you're pulled to one side and don't get into the ground. :roll: :roll:

Ooh, the shame of it all :oops: :oops: :oops:
T - 45
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

Donny Brooke wrote:
It's been confirmed now.

4.00 throw-in.
With the boozers open from 11am, it'll be a 3pm throw-up and a 4pm throw-in -- Avoid the Fairview Inn (for legal reasons I can't expand) and Greasy Nico's, the Hairiest Chipper in Ireland
T - 45
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Quinns in Drumcondra for pint bottles of Bulmers... 8)
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:
LeopoldButters wrote: i aint to worried about galway/westmeath fans since i've my allocation sorted!
You do???

Just beware, the Cops are adopting a zero-tolerance policy policy to anti-social behaviour inside the cordon. Wouldn't want anyone to be picked up by the fuzz :wink: :wink: They let you act the B... and follow you up to the last barricade before the Stadium, then you're pulled to one side and don't get into the ground. :roll: :roll:

The voice of experience :lol:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sexy_rexy wrote:
CRAZYDAVE wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote: You do???

The voice of experience :lol:
Naw, just an inside track into the match day policing policy :wink:
T - 45