Dublin GAA Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Cianostays » June 29th, 2013, 8:27 pm

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS :clap: :clap: :clap:

Brilliant stuff lads.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Cianostays
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2803
Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm
Location: Blackrock/Croke Park

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby limecat » June 29th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Great win there for the Dublin hurlers.
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on twitter.

Image
User avatar
limecat
Lazy totalitarian
 
Posts: 5219
Joined: February 17th, 2005, 11:25 pm
Location: a strangely isolated place

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Made Of Ale » June 29th, 2013, 8:47 pm

Henry Shefflin, DJ Carey, Brian Cody...your boys took one hell of a beating!





(Norwegian football commentator after Norway beat England in about 1980 for anyone under 35 who didn't get the reference. Sorry that I didn't know anyone else famous from Kilkenny).
Made Of Ale
Graduate
 
Posts: 550
Joined: November 7th, 2007, 4:32 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Donny B. » June 29th, 2013, 9:29 pm

What's this now....
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Avenger » June 30th, 2013, 10:39 am

Well done the Dubs.
The good times couldn't keep going forever but wasn't expecting them to be so far off the pace this championship.
Its not over yet but its just not clicking this year.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3388
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby nelly the elephant » June 30th, 2013, 10:55 am

Avenger wrote:Well done the Dubs.
The good times couldn't keep going forever but wasn't expecting them to be so far off the pace this championship.
Its not over yet but its just not clicking this year.


Those injuries have made you vunerable....if Paul Murphy wasnt injured you'd never have rushed Tyrrell back.......will be a humdinger against the Premier next week.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
User avatar
nelly the elephant
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm
Location: Gleann Fhaidhle, Contae Cill Mhantáin

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby sid » June 30th, 2013, 9:28 pm

nelly the elephant wrote:
Avenger wrote:Well done the Dubs.
The good times couldn't keep going forever but wasn't expecting them to be so far off the pace this championship.
Its not over yet but its just not clicking this year.


Those injuries have made you vunerable....if Paul Murphy wasnt injured you'd never have rushed Tyrrell back.......will be a humdinger against the Premier next week.


Think Tipp will win by double figures if Kilkenny don't figure something out quickly.

In other news, poor Kildare :?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
User avatar
sid
Mullet
 
Posts: 1636
Joined: September 25th, 2010, 11:38 am
Location: Donny B's Traitor Brigade

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Broken Wing » July 1st, 2013, 9:53 am

Great shot at the first double since 1942. Fantastic strides for Dublin hurling and it hasn't been at the expense of the footballers.

Galway in a Leinster final and London in a Connacht final. I think my geography book is out of date.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Broken Wing
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 11:06 am
Location: South Stand, Baby!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Donny B. » July 1st, 2013, 10:25 am

sid wrote:
In other news, poor Kildare :?


Was expecting a much tougher battle. I've never seen a Kildare team with so little fight in them.
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Broken Wing » July 1st, 2013, 10:26 am

Donny B. wrote:
sid wrote:
In other news, poor Kildare


Was expecting a much tougher battle. I've never seen a Kildare team with so little fight in them.

They had plenty of fight off the ball.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Broken Wing
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 11:06 am
Location: South Stand, Baby!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Donny B. » July 1st, 2013, 10:27 am

Broken Wing wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
sid wrote:
In other news, poor Kildare


Was expecting a much tougher battle. I've never seen a Kildare team with so little fight in them.

They had plenty of fight off the ball.


Did you think? Thought it was very clean game myself.
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Broken Wing » July 1st, 2013, 11:11 am

It was usually when the ball/action/ref was one end of the field there was all sorts of handbags going on the other end. Sure, that always happens but it was at ridiculous levels. There were two Kildare water boys in trying to drag the Kildare forwards off the Dublin backs at one stage.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Broken Wing
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 11:06 am
Location: South Stand, Baby!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Donny B. » July 7th, 2013, 8:49 pm

Congrats to the Dublin Hurlers today, who unlike Warren Gatland, have proved me wrong this season. What a match!!
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby nelly the elephant » July 8th, 2013, 12:17 am

Donny B. wrote:Congrats to the Dublin Hurlers today, who unlike Warren Gatland, have proved me wrong this season. What a match!!


Magical stuff.....the intensity and quality of the game only added to the achievement.....so happy tonight....the All Ireland series is alive and well with a number of potential Champions.
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
User avatar
nelly the elephant
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm
Location: Gleann Fhaidhle, Contae Cill Mhantáin

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Broken Wing » July 8th, 2013, 11:38 am

Cracking game. Delighted for the Dubs. Just goes to show that with an investment of time and money hurling can flourish. Any county board worth its salt has to be looking at what Dublin did and looking to see how they can follow suit. If nothing else the GAA development officers should be preparing presentations for county boards.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Broken Wing
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5144
Joined: April 3rd, 2006, 11:06 am
Location: South Stand, Baby!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby JB1973 » July 8th, 2013, 1:30 pm

Dublin on for the double? I see Kerry beat Cork in the football but apparently they finished out on their feet not sure they will have enough hold off Dublin especially in croker.

Could be a good summer for you boys
JB1973
Mullet
 
Posts: 1624
Joined: June 7th, 2013, 10:30 am

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby suisse » July 15th, 2013, 11:40 am

nelly the elephant wrote:Magical stuff from Meath in the first half.....the intensity and quality of the game only added to the achievement.....so happy for Meath tonight....the All Ireland series is alive and well with a number of potential Champions. For my money, Meath with a few more games under their belts will take Dublin in the autumn


Donny B. wrote:Congrats to the Meath footballers yesterday, who unlike Warren Gatland, have proved me wrong this season. What a match!! What a first half. They're my tip for the All Ireland this year. Might even have to get meself a replica Meath jersey


Cheers lads. Tough break yesterday but I agree with everything you say
User avatar
suisse
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4873
Joined: April 2nd, 2007, 12:23 am
Location: Seoul, South Korea

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby nelly the elephant » July 15th, 2013, 12:52 pm

suisse wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:Magical stuff from Meath in the first half.....the intensity and quality of the game only added to the achievement.....so happy for Meath tonight....the All Ireland series is alive and well with a number of potential Champions. For my money, Meath with a few more games under their belts will take Dublin in the autumn


Donny B. wrote:Congrats to the Meath footballers yesterday, who unlike Warren Gatland, have proved me wrong this season. What a match!! What a first half. They're my tip for the All Ireland this year. Might even have to get meself a replica Meath jersey


Cheers lads. Tough break yesterday but I agree with everything you say



A flagrant abuse of the quote function! :evil:

Was in the Davin lower......Meath gave it a right good rattle.....we'll be looking for yiz to take Tyrone out of it later for us if you'd be so kind! :wink:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
User avatar
nelly the elephant
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm
Location: Gleann Fhaidhle, Contae Cill Mhantáin

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby Donny B. » July 15th, 2013, 1:03 pm

suisse wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Congrats to the Meath footballers yesterday, who unlike Warren Gatland, have proved me wrong this season. What a match!! What a first half. They're my tip for the All Ireland this year. Might even have to get meself a replica Meath jersey


Cheers lads. Tough break yesterday but I agree with everything you say


Wow, with your gift for inventing quotes, I'm amazed the Indo never snapped you up. :D
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Dublin GAA Thread

Postby blockhead » July 15th, 2013, 1:27 pm

Suppose I'll have to go out and get one of those Dub Jersey's now. Get a ball and one of those hurley bats too while I'm at it. Hop right on that bandwagon. Does Croker park have its own DART station?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
User avatar
blockhead
Rob Kearney
 
Posts: 5253
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest