Holland away jersey 1974

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

General Collins
Graduate

Holland away jersey 1974

Post by General Collins »

Guys,
i'm looking to get my hands on the Holland away jersey 1974. It's the old adidas version with long white sleeves and an orange stripe running down the arms. I can find the home jersey online, but tracking down the away one is becoming a bit of a problem.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
GC
If only you'd given me time,
what a country we'd now live in.......
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
StuF
Mullet

Re: Holland away jersey 1974

Post by StuF »

General Collins wrote:Guys,
i'm looking to get my hands on the Holland away jersey 1974. It's the old adidas version with long white sleeves and an orange stripe running down the arms. I can find the home jersey online, but tracking down the away one is becoming a bit of a problem.
Cheers
GC
Unless adidas made one these days you wouldn't get it because of the 3-stripe copyright
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Nothing doing online, closest I found is on the TOFFS site but's it's a pretty generic retro version. Plenty of Orange replica shirts to be had tho..

http://www.toffs.com/invt/3037

Cheers
GC
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Toffs is the way to go General. By the way, I'd recommend the Sheffield United 1970's shirt there too! :wink:

Jasus.....that Holland squad had some quality facial hair!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

StuF wrote:
Cheers
GC
Unless adidas made one these days you wouldn't get it because of the 3-stripe copyright
Except for the fact that due his personal sponsorship deal with Puma, Cruyff wore kit with only TWO stripes on shirt, shorts and socks

I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
StuF wrote:
Cheers
GC
Except for the fact that due his personal sponsorship deal with Puma, Cruyff wore kit with only TWO stripes on shirt, shorts and socks

Correct. Absolute genious on the pitch and a master tactician, but a total egomaniac.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Found this in Toffs - http://www.toffs.com/icat/cruyffclassics

Is this the one you're looking for? I know the long sleeves may have been the one you were looking for ...

Last edited by Colm on June 7th, 2006, 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Collins
Graduate

thanks for all the help guys.
Looks like i might have to settle for the 1960's away one though
General Collins
Graduate

Colm wrote:Found this in Toffs - http://www.toffs.com/icat/cruyffclassics

Is this the one you're looking for? I know the long sleeves may have been the one you were looking for ...

Close Colm, very close. However i was hoping for one with long sleeves and without Cruyff's signature on the front. Thanks alot though
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

General Collins wrote:

Close Colm, very close. However i was hoping for one with long sleeves and without Cruyff's signature on the front. Thanks alot though
Not so my turnip eating friend......check out the link.

General Collins
Graduate

Flash Gordon wrote:
General Collins wrote:

Flash,
the jersey in your link has the black crest (i'm looking for the orange one) and doesn't have the three orange stripes running down the sleeve. There are slight differences between the one in your link and in the pic posted by sea-point up above. Small differences, but noticable...... So i think i'll keep looking
Thanks anyway
p.s. i don't eat my turnips - i prefer the juice version. At least that way i can still consume them whilst driving the Massey
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

Dave Cahill wrote: Except for the fact that due his personal sponsorship deal with Puma, Cruyff wore kit with only TWO stripes on shirt, shorts and socks
Dave, I bow to your unsurpassed knowledge of trivia :shock: - and I thought I knew some useless shoight ;)

Wouldn't get away with that sort of carry on these days
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

General Collins wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
General Collins wrote: Close Colm, very close. However i was hoping for one with long sleeves and without Cruyff's signature on the front. Thanks alot though

Flash,
the jersey in your link has the black crest (i'm looking for the orange one) and doesn't have the three orange stripes running down the sleeve. There are slight differences between the one in your link and in the pic posted by sea-point up above. Small differences, but noticable...... So i think i'll keep looking
Thanks anyway
p.s. i don't eat my turnips - i prefer the juice version. At least that way i can still consume them whilst driving the Massey

Veel succes! Oranje Boven!!!