England Cricket Squad Named

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

claire_m
Shane Jennings

England Cricket Squad Named

Post by claire_m »

In short, Flintoff out for 4 weeks, Vaughan trying to regain full fitness, and S Jones had an operation in America yesterday, and is likely to be out for at least 5 months, meaning him unlikely to make the Ashes in the winter. Poor bloke.

England One Day Squad:

Player - County - D.O.B

Andrew Strauss (Middlesex) captain - 2.3.77
Ian Bell (Warwickshire) - 11.4.82
Tim Bresnan (Yorkshire) - 28.2.85
Glen Chapple (Lancashire) - 23.1.74
Paul Collingwood (Durham) - 26.5.76
Alastair Cook (Essex) - 25.12.84
James Dalrymple (Middlesex) - 21.1.81
Stephen Harmison (Durham) - 23.10.78
Geraint Jones (Kent) - 14.7.76
Ed Joyce (Middlesex) - 22.9.78
Alex Loudon (Warwickshire) - 6.9.80
Sajid Mahmood (Lancashire) - 21.12.81
Kevin Pietersen (Hampshire) - 27.6.80
Liam Plunkett (Durham) - 6.4.85
Marcus Trescothick (Somerset) - 25.12.75
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: England Cricket Squad Named

Post by Darce »

claire_m wrote:In short, Flintoff out for 4 weeks, Vaughan trying to regain full fitness, and S Jones had an operation in America yesterday, and is likely to be out for at least 5 months, meaning him unlikely to make the Ashes in the winter. Poor bloke.

England One Day Squad:

Player - County - D.O.B

Dissapointing about Simon Jones. My ashes man of the series last year. hope they roll out most of the big guns for us. should be a good day out. please good let the weather hold out. Would have thought Trescothick would have been skipper rather than Strauss
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Darce wrote:
claire_m wrote:In short, Flintoff out for 4 weeks, Vaughan trying to regain full fitness, and S Jones had an operation in America yesterday, and is likely to be out for at least 5 months, meaning him unlikely to make the Ashes in the winter. Poor bloke.

England One Day Squad:

Player - County - D.O.B

Dissapointing about Simon Jones. My ashes man of the series last year. hope they roll out most of the big guns for us. should be a good day out. please good let the weather hold out. Would have thought Trescothick would have been skipper rather than Strauss
Seems Trescothick has lost a lot of credability after leaving the winter tour to talk to his wife who was banging his best mate :roll:
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Darce wrote:

England One Day Squad:

Player - County - D.O.B

Agree totally. I met him after the Ashes last summer, and he was a lovely bloke. All he wants to do is play cricket, and he is probably one of the unluckiest people in sport.

Should be a cracking game. And I imagine England will be doing their very best to win - they'll not want to start the Natwest series (or whatever it is) with a loss to Ireland under their belt.

And please, lots of sun!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Good to see Ed Joyce in the squad again. Let's hope he gets a game!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Nice one Eddie - doing Bray proud! Doing it for Queen and Country. Brings a tear to the eye.
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Simon Jones is a big loss....his reverse swing did for the Aussies in the Ashes when Hoggard's swing faded when the new ball started to fade.

out of al the new guys coming through (Mahmood, Plunkett, Ali, Lewis etc.), i dont see any of them troubling the Aussies to be honest...puts a lot of pressure on Flintoff when the ball gets old.
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

TrueBlue wrote:Simon Jones is a big loss....his reverse swing did for the Aussies in the Ashes when Hoggard's swing faded when the new ball started to fade.

out of al the new guys coming through (Mahmood, Plunkett, Ali, Lewis etc.), i dont see any of them troubling the Aussies to be honest...puts a lot of pressure on Flintoff when the ball gets old.
I wonder if Jones will ever be right. Great player, but he is injury prone.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

Flash Gordon wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:Simon Jones is a big loss....his reverse swing did for the Aussies in the Ashes when Hoggard's swing faded when the new ball started to fade.

Well that injury he got in Brisbane really f%~ked his knees up-it was horrible!......the guy is class-pace, swing and great with an old ball....they will really miss him in OZ.

he's still young and doesnt exactly stress himself with a huge run up so he should be good to come back from this...hes only 26-ish i think maybe 27
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

TrueBlue wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Well that injury he got in Brisbane really f%~ked his knees up-it was horrible!......the guy is class-pace, swing and great with an old ball....they will really miss him in OZ.

he's still young and doesnt exactly stress himself with a huge run up so he should be good to come back from this...hes only 26-ish i think maybe 27
He's 27.

He also had to totally remodel his bowling when he came back from that injury in Brisbane, and that's why his run-up isn't very long.

Agreed that that's more pressure on Freddie, but good news that Harmy's coming back. Shame he hates touring so much though.

And still considering going out to the Ashes this winter. Tempting, very tempting!
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

claire_m wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: I wonder if Jones will ever be right. Great player, but he is injury prone.

He's 27.

He also had to totally remodel his bowling when he came back from that injury in Brisbane, and that's why his run-up isn't very long.

Agreed that that's more pressure on Freddie, but good news that Harmy's coming back. Shame he hates touring so much though.

And still considering going out to the Ashes this winter. Tempting, very tempting!
His bowling run up was always a lazy approach, and didnt take much out of him, but he did get a bit lazier after Brisbane...he didnt change much leg-wise, only changed his left arm position really.

Harmison is a good player-pity his attitude seems to be cr@p! i would love to go to the Ashes sometime when I get a bit of money!....would be a great buzz.