South Africa v New Zealand

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

gfo
Rhys Ruddock

South Africa v New Zealand

Post by gfo »

atrocious match, they should both stick to the rugby. any notice the saffers are *constantly* blowing horns for the full 90 minutes? they were going mental in the stadium!
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Re: South Africa v New Zealand

Post by sarah_lennon »

gfo wrote:the saffers are *constantly* blowing horns for the full 90 minutes?
The World cup is going to be head wrecking!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

sarah_lennon wrote:
gfo wrote:the saffers are *constantly* blowing horns for the full 90 minutes?
The World cup is going to be head wrecking!
Yeah. They need to sort that out.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

It'll bring something different to the World Cup in Korea/Japan. With all due respect to their fans, as they turned up in huge numbers and great colour, the Korean and Japanese could never quite distinguish between winning a corner and scoring a goal. The level of noise of general reaction was often the same. Their goal celebrations were pre-meditated, so you never really knew if they were 'experiencing' it first hand.

I see North Korea have qualified for next year's World Cup. I'll be in that part of the world for it, so should be interesting. Kim will have to temporially postpone his nucleatr developments, and when the side are thrashed 6-0 in every game, really take it out on South Korean and Japan
gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

My wife came into the room and said "that sounds like motor racing". For the world cup I may have to turn the sound down if the TV people don't do the sensible thing and turn the stadium feed right down.

As for comparing it to the Japan/Korea world cup: I wonder will we have so many utterly outrageous linesman decisions with the general aim of improving the host team's chances of advancing? I thought the Ireland Spain game was an embarrassment: they obviously fancied us advancing rather than Spain so that they wouldn't have to engage in too many blatantly corrupt decisions in a high profile match. Worst refereed tournament EVER!

Wonder will there be any food poisoning in this one?
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

gfo wrote:atrocious match, they should both stick to the rugby. any notice the saffers are *constantly* blowing horns for the full 90 minutes? they were going mental in the stadium!
how in gods name did you watch that match - must have been incredibly boring!

The horns are a pain in the ass, but i heard somewhere that Fifa are looking into banning them for the world cup. They're almost as bad as those stupid clicking yokes they give out at leinster games!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

I hope FIFA dont ban the horns.

Then it will be a case of our way or no way. That is the local 'custom' as it were at football matchs. If they dont want them the should not have given the World Cup to South Africa.

Next we will have FIFA telling Newcastle fans to wear jerseys and Rangers and Celtic fans to be pleasent to each other.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Fair point Leo: I certainly wasn't suggesting that anyone ban anything. But fat Newcastle lads not wearing shirts doesn't bother me - I look at the match, not them. They actually have banned various forms of Celtic and Rangers fans not being nice to each other, and not just violence either, some of their traditional songs are actually banned. And I don't have a problem with that.

Why would anyone ban fans making noise just because they don't like it? However I would miss the sound of the stadium if the broadcaster did the sensible thing and turned the feed down. Otherwise I might miss the commentary too - if the stadium ambience feed isn't turned down really low I will have to turn the sound on the telly right down.