Dubs Match-time moved

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Dubs Match-time moved

Post by Donny B. »

Good news for the Dubs fans on this board

The Dublin match will now start at 2.00 on Sunday week and it will no longer be a double header.

Tickets should be no problem now :D :D

Should also mean now that it will be on telly as it won't be clashing with the Munster Hurling final now
Colm
Mullet

Re: Dubs Match-time moved

Post by Colm »

Donny Brooke wrote:Good news for the Dubs fans on this board

The Dublin match will now start at 2.00 on Sunday week and it will no longer be a double header.

Tickets should be no problem now :D :D

Should also mean now that it will be on telly as it won't be clashing with the Munster Hurling final now
Tickets are on sale now!! - http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18003C ... rcatid=229
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Shame on me but have never been to a Dubs match. :oops: Have watched the odd one on the tellybox. Might see about going to that one though!
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

T.C.B. wrote:Shame on me but have never been to a Dubs match. :oops: Have watched the odd one on the tellybox. Might see about going to that one though!
You should, there's great craic

And what's more the sun always shines when the Dubs play in the championship.
It has to, it's actually in the constitution.
It's the only thing that ould Dev ever gave us! :D
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Donny Brooke wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:Shame on me but have never been to a Dubs match. :oops: Have watched the odd one on the tellybox. Might see about going to that one though!
You should, there's great craic

And what's more the sun always shines when the Dubs play in the championship.
It has to, it's actually in the constitution.
It's the only thing that ould Dev ever gave us! :D
Hmmmm....

Will chuck an e-mail out to my mates to see if any of them are up for it (they're mostly rugby and soccer fans), just so as I'm not going on my tobler.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

I've just remembered that I can't go anyway.... will be fishing on Galway weir that weekend.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

T.C.B. wrote:I've just remembered that I can't go anyway.... will be fishing on Galway weir that weekend.
Ah well,
I'm not a fishing man, but that does sound nice and relaxing.

But you should try to get to a game at some stage.
They're like Leinster matches, once you go to a few you get addicted
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Donny Brooke wrote:They're like Leinster matches, once you go to a few you get addicted
I have enough addictions already :cry:
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Donny Brooke wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:I've just remembered that I can't go anyway.... will be fishing on Galway weir that weekend.
Ah well,
I'm not a fishing man, but that does sound nice and relaxing.

But you should try to get to a game at some stage.
They're like Leinster matches, once you go to a few you get addicted
It is very relaxing... until you hook into a salmon. Then it's physically knackering because they're so effing strong and the adrenaline is flowing! I'm usually shaking after!! :D

I've heard they are great fun alright. A few of the girls on my hockey team are big into the GAA and they've been telling me I should go to a few matches because they are so much fun.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Go see a good team, not the Tottingham of Gaelic Football
I have Bumbleflex
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Dave Cahill wrote:Go see a good team, not the Tottingham of Gaelic Football
Wait until they start paying players. Then we'll be the Chelsea. :twisted:
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Nah, you'll still be tottingham
I have Bumbleflex
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Each of the 32 World Cup finalists have been paired with one of the 32 Irish counties, as follows:

GROUP A
GERMANY - CORK
Not everyone's favourite team. Behemoths of their sporting worlds and can go a long way without anyone really noticing
Compatibility rating: ***

POLAND - OFFALY
1982 was a big year for both. Defeated many more illustrious opponents. Struggling to relive those glory days.
Compatibility rating: **

ECUADOR - FERMANAGH
Overshadowed by their neighbours but have made their mark on the big stage in recent years.

COSTA RICA - LEITRIM.
Wouldn't have the biggest pick in the world. Unlikely to make an impact in this year's championship. At least the scenery's impressive.
Compatibility rating: *

GROUP B
ENGLAND - DUBLIN
Rarely live up to pre-tournament hype hope and expectation. Few tears shed by opposition's fans at their demise.
Compatibility rating: *****

SWEDEN - CAVAN
Decent success in the fifties and have players capable of causing shocks but lack consistency and killer instinct.

PARAGUAY - ROSCOMMON
Tend to do well despite the presence of overbearing neighbours. Less exciting since losing a semi-insane free-kick taking goalkeeper.
Compatibility rating: ****

TRINIDAD & TOBAGO - LONGFORD
Avery John revered by both. Getting more attention because of their opposition. Not going to trouble the trophy engraver.

GROUP C
ARGENTINA - TYRONE
God-like status for their retired heroes. Magic to watch when at their best; but expect things to turn nasty if things don't go their way.

HOLLAND - LIMERICK
Flatter to deceive but never quite won the big one. A good internal row to destroy their chances never seems far away.

SERBIA & MONTENEGRO - TIPPERARY
A clear divide exists and footballing success looks unlikely for a few years yet. One or two fine players can only carry them so far for now.

IVORY COAST - LOUTH
Appear to be an emerging team but grounds for optimism will be sorely tested on step up the highest level.

GROUP D
PORTUGAL - ARMAGH
Both have managers justifiably known as 'Big'. Ageing squad probably missed chance for immortality

MEXICO - GALWAY
Famous for lethal drinks (tequila/buckfast) Progress because of geographical advantage, could benefit from moving province.

IRAN - CLARE
Former Ayatollahs still hold plenty of sway. Goalkeeper always likely to see plenty of action.

ANGOLA - ANTRIM
Had more than their fair share of dark periods away from sport. Provide novelty value but likely to be hammered by the big boys.

GROUP E
ITALY - DERRY
Complaints of systematic fouling brushed off once they win. Haven't delivered the number of trophies their talents should have.

CZECH REPUBLIC - DOWN
Tasted success in sixties and nineties. Plan B based on lobbing high balls into beanpole forwards.

GHANA - CARLOW
Turn your county colours ninety degrees and you have a ready made flag.

USA - WEXFORD
Managing to flourish on football field despite strong presence of other sports. A better team than they are given credit for.

GROUP F
BRAZIL - KERRY
Nothing less than victory - with panache - is enough for demanding public. Fans come out of woodwork for finals.

CROATIA - SLIGO
Jersey's a bit of an eye-sore. Occasional flutters of hope. Markievicz Park could easily be in the middle of Zagreb.

AUSTRALIA - KILKENNY
Not shy about telling people how good they are at many sports. Football isn't one of them.
Compatibility rating: *****

JAPAN - KILDARE
Technology-reliant economy and a fondness for horse-racing. Haven't progressed after experiment with big-name managers.

GROUP G
FRANCE - MEATH
Glory in the 1990s but a fading force. Over-reliant on heroes of the past.

SWITZERLAND - WESTMEATH
Landlocked and without a reputation for too much excitement. Hugely reliant on a couple of good players.

SOUTH KOREA - WATERFORD
Surprise packages in 2002 but ultimately fell short. Living in the shadow of a People's Republic.

TOGO - WICKLOW
Have as much chance of each other of success on the big stage this year. Boys among men.

GROUP H
SPAIN - MAYO
Everyone's dark horse but never step out of their permanent silhouette. Pretty on the eye but ultimately infuriating for long-suffering fans.

UKRAINE - DONEGAL
Good forwards will probably only take them so far. Enormous mass of land; weather generally awful.

TUNISIA - LAOIS
Both have drafted in managers from places of greater pedigree. An improvement has been noted but yet to fully deliver.

SAUDI ARABIA - MONAGHAN
All tenuous links have been exhausted. They are a match made in heaven.
Compatibility rating: *
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

So how are Cavan doing these days?
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Eve wrote:
Zziiiiiiiiinnnngggg!!

:lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Eve wrote:
Rotten...this new qualifier malarkey means that we have to go to two games a year...thats an extra 7.50 (I go as a schoolboy). Back in the old days it was much better. One trip to Breifne Park, watch the lads lose, then tae and sangwiches in the Lakeside Manor on the way home. And still with change out of a fiver
I have Bumbleflex
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Rotten...this new qualifier malarkey means that we have to go to two games a year...thats an extra 7.50 (I go as a schoolboy). Back in the old days it was much better. One trip to Breifne Park, watch the lads lose, then tae and sangwiches in the Lakeside Manor on the way home. And still with change out of somebody elses fiver
Fixed that for you DC :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter