Thierry Henry: Cheating Tramp

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

exiledinmunster
Beginner

Thierry Henry: Cheating Tramp

Post by exiledinmunster »

All respect now gone for a former great player turned cheat. Absolutely gutted losing out to the biggest act of cheating on a football field to go unpunished since the '86 World Cup. A good holiday ruined next summer. I am going to have to spend it with the wife now
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: Thierry Henry: Cheating Tramp

Post by fourthirtythree »

To be faIr: if the wife isn't more entertaining than that Irish team's performances...

A handball is like a forward pass in rugby: it happens and if you play the game at pace they will occasionally escape attention.

i for one am proud of the lads and how they accounted for themselves: they had no place being that close to qualification.
Well done. Seriously.
Terraceman
Graduate

Post by Terraceman »

Won't blame Henry but the referee has a lot to answer for. And they say Trapatonni is a lucky manager!!
Ah it's alright mate I've being looking to change that wing mirror- Rocky Elsom 19/05/2009
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Terraceman wrote:Won't blame Henry but the referee has a lot to answer for. And they say Trapatonni is a lucky manager!!

ie: it's OK to cheat once you're not caught?
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Meh - the irish team had a whole world cup campaign to qualify. They didn't get through because they didn't score enough goals.

To blame their failure on Henry is childish.

If Keane or any other irish player had put it in the french net in the same manner the soccer fans would be singing his praises.
Get in the f%~king bag.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Slipper1 wrote:Meh - the irish team had a whole world cup campaign to qualify. They didn't get through because they didn't score enough goals.

To blame their failure on Henry is childish.

If Keane or any other irish player had put it in the french net in the same manner the soccer fans would be singing his praises.

I was going to disagree with you, but I dont much like soccer these days and perhaps you are right about most fans not giving a dam - win at any costs........personally if it were Ireland I think i;d be rather ashamed at winning in that way....on the TV in the studio they said how do you think the cheating f**k (sorry I mean Henri) feels right now and the answer was elated - after all he;s going to the world cup - neither of the former professionals really condemned the act, seeming to suggest that they would have done the same. Guess its another Neil Back moment.........
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

We had plenty of chance's to score and should have probably had a penalty against us before their goal. A referee can't see everything, and the linesman was on the worng side of the pitch for it. Looks like the so called best fans in the world are even putting England fans to shame with the moaning.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Eh Robbie Keane got done three times for handballs last night. If any of these had resulted in a goal would we see such outrage?!
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

Im sick....

The players should have walked off the bloody pitch....

TMO is defo needed!
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Scott wrote:Eh Robbie Keane got done three times for handballs last night. If any of these had resulted in a goal would we see such outrage?!
I for one would have felt the result was tarnished by this, I even hate it when Duff gets up to his diving antics. By the same token I wouldn't like such blatant cheating by anyone in an Ireland or Leinster jersey.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

waterboy wrote:We had plenty of chance's to score and should have probably had a penalty against us before their goal. A referee can't see everything, and the linesman was on the worng side of the pitch for it. Looks like the so called best fans in the world are even putting England fans to shame with the moaning.
I thought the supporters we brilliant and were very reserved. Its not just Tom Humphries who is a sports snob.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

He's a cheat, plain and simple. He controlled the ball with his hand TWICE FFS. There is an arguement that it shouldn't have come to that but our national team have been cheated out of, possibly, going to the world cup finals. Maybe I'm naiive but I genuinely don't believe our players would have done the same (think about it? sure, act on it? IMO no).
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

"Soccer is a game that embraces cheating. Dishonesty is an integral part of the personality of every single scumbag that walks out on a soccer pitch. Every single one of those Irish players has shamelessly cheated on many occasions in their careers.

If you choose to like soccer, then tough sh!t, you have to expect these kind of things to happen. What Henry did was not so bad, no different to all the diving and attempts to con the referee that the likes of Keane and Duff engage in. The fact that all the Irish knackers are working themselves into such a froth over it shows them to be the worst kind of hypocrites."

from a poster on PR - there is some truth in there.

http://forum.planet-rugby.com/index.php ... &start=180&
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

There is no sport free of cheating. None. Soccer is an easy target because it does nothing to correct the decline.

The powers that be are systematically removing the slide tackle ( a thing of beauty when executed correctly) as well as all physicality whatsoever while failing, in fact refusing to eradicate the pox of diving.

Platini has gone so far as to say "But football has its ... things. Maybe I'm too old school. People say I'm a romantic, but I prefer to say I'm a traditionalist. When I was a player I simulated to help my team win. Everyone said to me: 'well done'. Referees were getting things wrong back then too."

While Blatter is more concerned with getting the female soccer players into shorter shorts

I love the sport but it's dying.
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

deco wrote:"Soccer is a game that embraces cheating. Dishonesty is an integral part of the personality of every single scumbag that walks out on a soccer pitch. Every single one of those Irish players has shamelessly cheated on many occasions in their careers.

If you choose to like soccer, then tough sh!t, you have to expect these kind of things to happen. What Henry did was not so bad, no different to all the diving and attempts to con the referee that the likes of Keane and Duff engage in. The fact that all the Irish knackers are working themselves into such a froth over it shows them to be the worst kind of hypocrites."

Yeah, there is also some truth in saying that Rugby collaborated in the holocaust and led to the death of hundreds of thousands of Jews and Black people. But its not what the sport is about, no more than cheating is what soccer is about.
I have Bumbleflex
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Dave Cahill wrote:
deco wrote:"Soccer is a game that embraces cheating. Dishonesty is an integral part of the personality of every single scumbag that walks out on a soccer pitch. Every single one of those Irish players has shamelessly cheated on many occasions in their careers.

Yeah, there is also some truth in saying that Rugby collaborated in the holocaust and led to the death of hundreds of thousands of Jews and Black people. But its not what the sport is about, no more than cheating is what soccer is about.
Cheating & soccer go hand in hand. Cheating is an integral part of modern, professional soccer.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

deco wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:

Cheating & soccer go hand in hand. Cheating is an integral part of modern, professional soccer.
Utter rubbish. Some people who play soccer cheat and have cheated, just like some people who play rugby are racists and have supported institutional racism. It doesn't mean that racism is an integral part of rugby
I have Bumbleflex
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

Dave Cahill wrote:
deco wrote:
Utter rubbish. Some people who play soccer cheat and have cheated, just like some people who play rugby are racists and have supported institutional racism. It doesn't mean that racism is an integral part of rugby
oh no it's not.
Sarphil
Enlightened

Post by Sarphil »

It should have been punished but it wasn't. It is a real shame that we are not going to South Africa and I really feel for the players and management today but what can anyone do now? People on the radio this morning were suggesting that Henry should have come clean. Come on!!! How naive is that? If Ireland had scored a similar goal and the perpetrator had then said, "hang on ref - I handled the ball", everyone in Ireland and in the Irsh section of Stade de France would have gone ballistic.

Ireland had plenty of chances last night and should have capitalised on them.
'la vista che m'apparve d'un leone
Questi parea che contra me venisse
con la test'alta e con rabbiosa fame,
sì che parea che l'aere ne tremesse'
INFERNO CANTO 01

http://www.bornfree.org.uk
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

I would not consider myself a fan of puffball - infact I think it should be banned. But credit must go to the Irish team last night; they are a very limited squad, most of whom would not make many of the top club or international teams in the world. But they played with spirit, pride and passion that were clearly missing from the French team. And fair play to them for that.

Quite a lot of OTT rants about the ref or Henry too in todays media. If an Irish player scored in the same circumstances we would have turned a blind eye to it. Grow up, grow a pair and get over it.

There is a far more important game on Saturday, where we shall see the debut of the next Irish outside half for a decade.
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty