Tiger Woods in 'serious condition' after car accident.

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Tiger Woods in 'serious condition' after car accident.

Post by Danthefan »

Best wishes to him.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/golf/8383782.stm
Golfer Tiger Woods is in a serious condition after being involved in a car accident in Florida, according to US unconfirmed media reports.

The golfer's car reportedly struck a fire hydrant and tree as he pulled out of the driveway of his home.

Associated Press news agency, quoting the Florida Highway Patrol, says an inquiry into the crash is under way.

Woods was taken to Health Central Hospital, local reports said, but the hospital has not confirmed this.

The story was reported by the Orlando Sentinel newspaper, which also cited the Florida Highway Patrol.

An official was quoted as saying the accident was not alcohol related.

Woods, 33, owns a property in the suburb of Isleworth, an exclusive area near Orlando.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Re: Tiger Woods in 'serious condition' after car accident.

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Sky saying minor facial injuries?
A proud Winsome Fluter
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Mystery surrounds this one one alright.

CNN claiming one medic noted how Woods was unconsious on his back beside his vehicle with his wife administering First Aid, yet he suffered some light lacerations to his upper and lower lip. There was a small bit of blood apparently. How could you be knocked out with such minor injuries, and why did his wife have to pull him through the back window of the SUV after smashing it with a golf club? Florida police said no drink was involved.

CNN are going full bash at this
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

It's hard to see how drink isn't involved when you look at the stories that are coming out about it! It was 2:25am and he crashed in his own driveway. Sounds pretty obvious to me!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

dipper wrote:It's hard to see how drink isn't involved when you look at the stories that are coming out about it! It was 2:25am and he crashed in his own driveway. Sounds pretty obvious to me!
She was chasing after him with a fecking golf club, Id say he couldnt get out of there quickly enough!
Get in the f%~king bag.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Slipper1 wrote:
dipper wrote:It's hard to see how drink isn't involved when you look at the stories that are coming out about it! It was 2:25am and he crashed in his own driveway. Sounds pretty obvious to me!
She was chasing after him with a fecking golf club, Id say he couldnt get out of there quickly enough!
If Mrs Woods can whack it as good as Mr Woods I would panicing too!
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

Apparently Tiger has been playing away and the wife is not too happy. Reports that they had been argueing all night and Tiger is still refusing to talk to the Florida Gardai
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

He has pulled out of the tournament he was meant to host this week.

There's a joke in there somewhere :wink:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

madridlion wrote:Apparently Tiger has been playing away and the wife is not too happy. Reports that they had been argueing all night and Tiger is still refusing to talk to the Florida Gardai
:lol:
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

Tiger´s tall tale!
All the way back logue
Graduate

Post by All the way back logue »

From Tiger website:

I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

A vmail Tiger left on the birds phone.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGqrhKL6Li8
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

His public image is heading swiftly down the toilet here it seems. Threw a golf club into the crowd in Australia last week, now all this.
dipper
Knowledgeable

Post by dipper »

Jesper Parnevik sticking the knife in:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-vide ... ?ref=26000
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

dipper wrote:Jesper Parnevik sticking the knife in:

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-vide ... ?ref=26000
I think it was Tiger sticking something else in that is the problem not what Parnevik said :wink: :wink:
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Oh er Brian. Who owns those hands

Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

sarah_lennon wrote:Oh er Brian. Who owns those hands

With the problems of Thierry and Tiger, BOD might be in line for a promotion from Irish to worldwide Gillette ambassador.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

This is getting more disturbing
Irish Times wrote:A woman was taken to hospital from the home of Tiger Woods today in the latest personal drama to hit the troubled golfer.

According to local station WESH-TV, an emergency call was made to firefighters in Orange County, Florida, at 2.36am local time (7.36am GMT).

The station said that the patient initially refused transport, but was later listed at the Health Central Hospital in Ocoee as an advanced life support patient.

Video from the hospital showed a middle-age woman being removed from an ambulance on a stretcher and taken through an emergency entrance, WESH said. Reports from the US said Woods's wife Elin Nordegren was later seen arriving at the hospital.

The station further reported that a black Escalade seen leaving the hospital shortly afterward had registration information similar to the Cadillac Escalade driven by Woods on the night he crashed into a fire hydrant and tree outside his gated home in Isleworth last night.

There was widespread speculation that Woods crashed during a domestic row with his Swedish wife over allegations of a number of affairs.

In a statement last week, Woods confessed to “transgressions” in his private life. Tabloid reports have linked him with as many as 10 women.

The Florida Highway Patrol closed their investigation into the traffic incident last week, fining Woods $164 for reckless driving.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

They are suggesting that it is the Mother in law!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Armchair wrote:They are suggesting that it is the Mother in law!
:shock:

He wasn't there as well, was he?
A proud Winsome Fluter