Winter Olympics

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

shelly94
Knowledgeable

Re: Winter Olympics

Post by shelly94 »

Armchair wrote:The women's downhill was excellent last night!
agree but god some of those crashes were mental..Not sure how they all walked away from them
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

shelly94 wrote:
Armchair wrote:The women's downhill was excellent last night!
agree but god some of those crashes were mental..Not sure how they all walked away from them
Yeah those were brave ladies, they reckoned it was a harder course than the men's. Great pictures for tv but plenty of sore bodies this morning I bet
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Did anyone see the men's ski cross last night? Really excellent to watch, it was like bumpers on ski's with 4 guys racing against each other in the same race, really exciting and the commentators were going crazy a bit like the x games meets the olympics great stuff
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Armchair wrote:Did anyone see the men's ski cross last night? Really excellent to watch, it was like bumpers on ski's with 4 guys racing against each other in the same race, really exciting and the commentators were going crazy a bit like the x games meets the olympics great stuff
I was watching that too.... what utter mentalists they were. Great fun to watch and yes, the commentators were absolutely wetting themselves with excitement!
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
shelly94
Knowledgeable

Post by shelly94 »

best new sport at the Olympics.. Felt sorry for the Canadian fella who fell and would have won bronze.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

T.C.B. wrote:
Armchair wrote:Did anyone see the men's ski cross last night? Really excellent to watch, it was like bumpers on ski's with 4 guys racing against each other in the same race, really exciting and the commentators were going crazy a bit like the x games meets the olympics great stuff
I was watching that too.... what utter mentalists they were. Great fun to watch and yes, the commentators were absolutely wetting themselves with excitement!
They were also putting the mockers on everyone. Anyone they backed was sure to fail.

The women's ski cross is tomorrow.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

The camera shots from the helmets were great.
Get in the f%~king bag.