He's Back!!!

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Re: He's Back!!!

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Grumpy Old Man wrote: No idea what he plays off, but you probably win the better player argument alright! Although, as I'm sure you know, many of the top caddies are low handicappers themselves.
You're a bit harsh on the caddys role - a chance to earn good money, travel the world and be inside the ropes. While most people would prefer to be the player, being a caddy to a top player isn't a bad substitute.
I really don't understand your last point. It sounds like classic begrudgery to me. Are these notional golfing circles upset because he isn't passing the information on?
[/quote]
Sauvignon Blank wrote: Well don't jump in all guns blazing Grumpy. I know what I'm talking about here. A close friend of mine caddies for a top European Professional and has made a very good living for himself. I've played the game to a high standard all of my life and am involved with my club and the leinster section of the GUI. I'm not being harsh on the caddies role. It is what it is. It just gets overstated in the Media. There are a small few who can make a slight difference to a pro's score such as Dave Musgrove and Bruce Edwards.

Some caddies are very good golfers, a lot of them couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo. Thats irrelevant. However, a small few are very knowledgable and respected for their requisite 'experience'. He is not one of them. Just because Byrne carried for Goosen and writes a column in the Times doesn't make him the all knowing Sage. I've met him a few times and frankly he's obnoxious.

Classic begrudgery? I seriously doubt that. The guy has absolutely nothing I covet.
3 Gold Stars
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Some vintage Tiger Woods this evening to win the Memorial.

US Open could be interesting.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Some vintage Tiger Woods this evening to win the Memorial.

US Open could be interesting.

Interesting stuff from him alright, putts dropping which haven't been for a long time. Not convinced his erratic driving will get him through a US Open.
3 Gold Stars
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

meh...more comebacks than Balboa
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on