Elite League Ice Hockey

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Elite League Ice Hockey

Post by rosscarrick »

Well done to the Belfast Giants beating the Cardiff Devils and winning the Elite League Playoff Championship!
The French are predictably unpredictable
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Re: Elite League Ice Hockey

Post by ceemec »

rosscarrick wrote:Well done to the Belfast Giants beating the Cardiff Devils and winning the Elite League Playoff Championship!
Went to my first Giants game a few weeks back. The ice broke during the second period and they had to call an end to the period with 3mins on the clock. The next 30-40mins were spent spraying fire extinguishers on the ice and dropping snow on the hole with a shovel. At that point I had to leave. Something very Irish about the whole thing. Pity, because it was enjoyable until then and they've some pretty dedicated support.

Congrats to them on winning the playoff.
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Re: Elite League Ice Hockey

Post by rosscarrick »

ceemec wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:Well done to the Belfast Giants beating the Cardiff Devils and winning the Elite League Playoff Championship!
Went to my first Giants game a few weeks back. The ice broke during the second period and they had to call an end to the period with 3mins on the clock. The next 30-40mins were spent spraying fire extinguishers on the ice and dropping snow on the hole with a shovel. At that point I had to leave. Something very Irish about the whole thing. Pity, because it was enjoyable until then and they've some pretty dedicated support.

Congrats to them on winning the playoff.

I was at that one too - it got a little ridiculas waiting for the ice to naturally freeze over!
Although luckily they reopened the bars.
Also they were good enough to offer replacement tickets for tan end of season regular game or the first playoff game.
The French are predictably unpredictable