Class Act

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

wackojacko
Beginner

Class Act

Post by wackojacko »

I don't know about you but I thought Chelsea have been a class act all season.
They had their ups and downs but they still managed to put seven past four teams.

Well done Chelsea :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Class Act

Post by Armchair »

Class Act wouldn't be the word that comes to mind when describing Chelsea especially with John Terry and Ashley Cole in their team BUt well done to them they deserve the title as in the end the league table doesn't lie!!
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

I wouldn't concur with the "class act" sobriquet either but you're quite correct,they ended up with more points than any other team and are therefore deserving champions.

I have to say it was the poorest race for the title in a long time.......The "top four" had really awful seasons compared to previous years,there was just no consistency at all. The reliance of even the top clubs on one key player(Man U-Rooney/Pool-Torres/Arsenal-Fabregas) came home to haunt them once they were injured.It'll be interesting to see will Spurs and Villa(along with Man City) maintain a consistent challenge next year? Unfortunately we may see my team Liverpool fall further away,I really do fear the worst. It'll be an interesting close season either way
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

When was the last time the champions lost six matches?

Best of a really, really bad lot I suppose, but at least it wasn't United's 19th title so Yay!!!! :D
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Donny B. wrote:When was the last time the champions lost six matches?

Best of a really, really bad lot I suppose, but at least it wasn't United's 19th title so Yay!!!! :D
I hear you brother!
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......