The Championship Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Donald
Mullet

The Championship Thread

Post by Donald »

Surprised there is no thread about this already so decided to create one. More of a football fan than hurling, as I never played hurling as football was always more popular in Dublin.

I know the championship began in both codes a few weeks back but I watched the 2 games yesterday and really enjoyed them. Fair play to Sligo for beating Mayo and then to Louth who pulled off a huge upset by beating Kildare by 6 points. Both were great games and even though either of the 4 teams may not be in the top 3 or 4 teams in the country, both games were great high scoring spectacles. Here's hoping it will follow through for the rest of the summer.
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
FatBoyChoice
Graduate

Re: The Championship Thread

Post by FatBoyChoice »

Louth were particularly impressive. Leinster football looks like it's getting worse every year though.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

FatBoyChoice wrote:Louth were particularly impressive. Leinster football looks like it's getting worse every year though.
They did look very good alright. Huge result for Sligo as well. Really enjoyed the matches this weekend.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Pretty dramatic stuff yesterday. Can't believe 3 games went to extra time. BTW did anybody else see what Galvin did to Cadigan in the Cork Kerry match? Cadigan is no saint but what Galvin did is a disgrace (déja vú)!
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

The guy is a brainless thug. Time and time again every season he is up to that type of play. Galvin should be given a huge ban next time he does something off the ball.

Ditto for Denis Bastick. Dirtiest player on the Dublin team since Keith Barr perhaps. Gets sent off in every game. He is a liability. Why do they keep selecting him after numerous chances???
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Donald wrote:The guy is a brainless thug. Time and time again every season he is up to that type of play. Galvin should be given a huge ban next time he does something off the ball.

Ditto for Denis Bastick. Dirtiest player on the Dublin team since Keith Barr perhaps. Gets sent off in every game. He is a liability. Why do they keep selecting him after numerous chances???
Was Keith Barr really that dirty ? I really can't remember that at all