Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby SCG » December 1st, 2013, 12:28 am

Great performance by Ireland in Abu Dhabi over the last two weeks :happy clapper: . Unbeaten, won the competition and qualified for World 20-20 next year with a good chance of causing some upsets among the big boys.
User avatar
SCG
Bookworm
 
Posts: 226
Joined: January 16th, 2007, 3:19 pm
Location: Born Offside

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby Darce » December 2nd, 2013, 2:51 pm

Watching TJ out there really made me realise we're gonna miss him. Absolute trail blazer in his own time
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
User avatar
Darce
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 5:24 pm
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby simonno6 » December 12th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Darce wrote:Watching TJ out there really made me realise we're gonna miss him. Absolute trail blazer in his own time


Surprised he's not gonna stay on for the T20 WC in Bangladesh.

The team is being streamed live on Youtube at the moment for the Intercontinental Cup Final. (4 Day competition, 5 day in the final).

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/artic ... day-3-live

Ireland have set Afghanistan 347 to win, Trent has taken an early wicket. We should win from here. Incredibly how dominant Ireland are at this level.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby SCG » December 13th, 2013, 11:44 am

A great win for Ireland. Afghanistan hung on for a good while but the John Mooney made his mark with the new ball - well-deserved Man of the Match. That's all three titles for Ireland this year :D :D :D

ICC live streaming was excellent.

TJ will be missed!
User avatar
SCG
Bookworm
 
Posts: 226
Joined: January 16th, 2007, 3:19 pm
Location: Born Offside

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby nelly the elephant » December 13th, 2013, 12:27 pm

SCG wrote:A great win for Ireland. Afghanistan hung on for a good while but the John Mooney made his mark with the new ball - well-deserved Man of the Match. That's all three titles for Ireland this year :D :D :D

ICC live streaming was excellent.

TJ will be missed!


Magnificent performance..........Mooney brilliant bowling with a ten wicket haul...what a cricketer he is.
Best wishes to Trent Johnston on his retirement, he played a major part in our international progress over the past decade. :clap:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
User avatar
nelly the elephant
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm
Location: Gleann Fhaidhle, Contae Cill Mhantáin

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby simonno6 » December 13th, 2013, 12:49 pm

nelly the elephant wrote:
SCG wrote:A great win for Ireland. Afghanistan hung on for a good while but the John Mooney made his mark with the new ball - well-deserved Man of the Match. That's all three titles for Ireland this year :D :D :D

ICC live streaming was excellent.

TJ will be missed!


Magnificent performance..........Mooney brilliant bowling with a ten wicket haul...what a cricketer he is.
Best wishes to Trent Johnston on his retirement, he played a major part in our international progress over the past decade. :clap:


Hard to fathom how John Mooney has never picked up any sort of county contract. He is a top performer with bat and ball.

Well done Ireland - what a steely team they are.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby Darce » December 13th, 2013, 12:58 pm

Sensational new ball spell from Mooney.

I'd imagine counties have sniffed at him before but I gather he is a bit of a homebird.

I think they may press harder. He's had a great year, tweets aside..
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
User avatar
Darce
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 5:24 pm
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby simonno6 » December 13th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Darce wrote:Sensational new ball spell from Mooney.

I'd imagine counties have sniffed at him before but I gather he is a bit of a homebird.

I think they may press harder. He's had a great year, tweets aside..


Well he has a nice Irish contract at the moment but on the strength of his performances this season I would not be surprised if counties were sniffing.

The infamous tweets would probably imply that he'd tell the English County B**tards to stuff their contract though!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby nelly the elephant » December 13th, 2013, 10:00 pm

simonno6 wrote:
Darce wrote:Sensational new ball spell from Mooney.

I'd imagine counties have sniffed at him before but I gather he is a bit of a homebird.

I think they may press harder. He's had a great year, tweets aside..


Well he has a nice Irish contract at the moment but on the strength of his performances this season I would not be surprised if counties were sniffing.

The infamous tweets would probably imply that he'd tell the English County B**tards to stuff their contract though!


Feckin Northsiders! :roll: :wink: :lol:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
User avatar
nelly the elephant
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm
Location: Gleann Fhaidhle, Contae Cill Mhantáin

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby jezzer » February 20th, 2014, 10:26 am

Great result for Ireland against the Windies, another scalp for the green belt!

Things brewing up nicely for later this year.
User avatar
jezzer
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: February 1st, 2006, 12:41 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby simonno6 » February 20th, 2014, 2:03 pm

Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

Jezzer, things brewing nicely for the World T20 in March :D !
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby Darce » February 20th, 2014, 2:04 pm

simonno6 wrote:Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

Jezzer, things brewing nicely for the World T20 in March :D !


We didn't exactly set the world alight with the bat either last night
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
User avatar
Darce
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 5:24 pm
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby simonno6 » February 20th, 2014, 2:06 pm

Darce wrote:
simonno6 wrote:Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

Jezzer, things brewing nicely for the World T20 in March :D !


We didn't exactly set the world alight with the bat either last night


It wasn't required. We needed 5.5 an over to beat the West Indies at home and lost two early wickets. They were measured in their chase and rightly so. A T20 win with 5 balls to spare and 6 wickets in hand is a comprehensive victory.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby Darce » February 20th, 2014, 2:07 pm

simonno6 wrote:
Darce wrote:
simonno6 wrote:Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

Jezzer, things brewing nicely for the World T20 in March :D !


We didn't exactly set the world alight with the bat either last night


It wasn't required. We needed 5.5 an over to beat the West Indies at home and lost two early wickets. They were measured in their chase and rightly so. A T20 win with 5 balls to spare and 6 wickets in hand is a comprehensive victory.


Top order for the most part didn't perform. Yes Joyce was measured but one would expect openers to contribute more
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
User avatar
Darce
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 5:24 pm
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby simonno6 » February 20th, 2014, 2:50 pm

Darce wrote:
simonno6 wrote:
Darce wrote:
We didn't exactly set the world alight with the bat either last night


It wasn't required. We needed 5.5 an over to beat the West Indies at home and lost two early wickets. They were measured in their chase and rightly so. A T20 win with 5 balls to spare and 6 wickets in hand is a comprehensive victory.


Top order for the most part didn't perform. Yes Joyce was measured but one would expect openers to contribute more


The openers would have been told to have a cut (I don't think Stirlo can play any other way!) - and they got out. The two games before Stirling hit a rapid 77 and 40 odd. With his particular style of play, you have to embrace the fact that some days it will come off and you win the game and some days he'll edge behind for nought.

Once 12-2, when you're chasing an ODI run rate over 20 overs you slow down and ensure the comfortable win. Perfect tactics from Simmons, great performance from the bowlers to keep the total so low and excellent composure from Joyce and Poytner to finish it off.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby Darce » February 20th, 2014, 6:00 pm

My point is, is there is more to come from this team
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
User avatar
Darce
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 6147
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 5:24 pm
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby jezzer » February 20th, 2014, 9:06 pm

Darce wrote:
simonno6 wrote:Great achievement - Sabina park brings home the bacon again. Considering the tour to this point hasn't been great with a few defeats to regional sides it is amazing to beat the world champions in their own back yard (and at full strength).

Jezzer, things brewing nicely for the World T20 in March :D !


We didn't exactly set the world alight with the bat either last night


Riiiiiighhhht, I thought it was in May....
User avatar
jezzer
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 7103
Joined: February 1st, 2006, 12:41 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby Fred Funk » March 19th, 2014, 7:07 pm

2 from 2, win on Friday v the Dutch and we will get 4 proper games including England
COYBIG!
User avatar
Fred Funk
Mullet
 
Posts: 1240
Joined: March 7th, 2006, 10:54 am
Location: Ashtown

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby simonno6 » March 20th, 2014, 12:27 pm

Really good performance from the lads so far.

Any hurdle the ICC put up in our way we smash through. This pre-lim stage was designed to allow Zim and Bangla to progress to the Super 10 and stop any associates turning up and ruining their fun.

Best of luck to them tomorrow!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
User avatar
simonno6
Girvan Dempsey
 
Posts: 2359
Joined: January 28th, 2008, 1:38 pm

Re: Organised Sunbathing aka Cricket

Postby Fred Funk » March 21st, 2014, 2:07 pm

simonno6 wrote:Really good performance from the lads so far.

Any hurdle the ICC put up in our way we smash through. This pre-lim stage was designed to allow Zim and Bangla to progress to the Super 10 and stop any associates turning up and ruining their fun.

Best of luck to them tomorrow!


Hmm, you were partly right, just proves that if you have a real cut at it in Twenty-20 anything can happen.
User avatar
Fred Funk
Mullet
 
Posts: 1240
Joined: March 7th, 2006, 10:54 am
Location: Ashtown

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest