Rooney

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Rooney

Postby tate » October 18th, 2010, 11:24 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... ey-leaving

not normally one for wendyball but this is hilarious, between this saga and liverpool in general it's like an episode of dream team!!
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
User avatar
tate
Brian O'Driscoll
 
Posts: 4218
Joined: March 6th, 2006, 7:15 pm
Location: Leinsteropia

Re: Rooney

Postby Leinster Exile » October 18th, 2010, 11:29 am

But only dream team is classier ..........................
User avatar
Leinster Exile
Mullet
 
Posts: 1347
Joined: January 24th, 2007, 11:23 am
Location: Somerset

Re: Rooney

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » October 18th, 2010, 10:54 pm

As a United fan I'm incredibly worried about the repercussions of this. Rooney's our only real star attraction and despite his poor form at the moment we need him desperately. Even if he goes as early as January we won't get that much for him relative to what we need and the rest of the team needs investment already so having to replace him would set us back further in that regard. I actually think this will result in the end of Fergie at Old Trafford. I can see a situation where either a) he's asked to kiss and make up with Rooney or b) there's a backlash from a decent number of fans for not doing so and he'll up sticks at the end of the season. The team is already in obvious decline and Rooney leaving without the team being adequately bolstered or Fergie leaving when the team isn't in a healthy position could prove to be catastrophic.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Jennings
 
Posts: 12636
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Rooney

Postby Avenger » October 19th, 2010, 8:47 am

I don't get this at all.
What's the problem?
Sure he is an unsavory character but most of them are... why all of a sudden is this a big deal for Ferguson? It's not like this is the first time.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3395
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Rooney

Postby Armchair » October 19th, 2010, 8:52 am

Avenger wrote:I don't get this at all.
What's the problem?
Sure he is an unsavory character but most of them are... why all of a sudden is this a big deal for Ferguson? It's not like this is the first time.


Personally I think this goes back to Ronaldo, he left on his terms and not on Fergusons (altough the 70 million odd helped) and now the same might happen with Rooney for as little as 5 million. Is Alex able to handle the new breed of younger stars? is he to old to relate to them? A lot of man u sites saying maybe it is time Ferguson went
User avatar
Armchair
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Rooney

Postby Avenger » October 19th, 2010, 8:56 am

Armchair wrote:Personally I think this goes back to Ronaldo, he left on his terms and not on Fergusons (altough the 70 million odd helped)


I'm not so sure on that.
It was crystal clear he wanted to go the summer before he actually went, and a deal was obviously done that he could go the following year... and Utd had a year to plan for it then.

Apparently he wants to go to City. Astounding. There'll be welcome to Manchester bill boards all over the city.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3395
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Rooney

Postby Mackman15 » October 19th, 2010, 9:01 am

Avenger wrote:Apparently he wants to go to City. Astounding. There'll be welcome to Manchester bill boards all over the city.


I don't believe it for a moment but god in heaven, they would go to town with the poster campaign.
Give it a forthnight, he'll be back in the team, playing well and it will all disappear is my call on it.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
User avatar
Mackman15
Mullet
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 5:49 pm
Location: Usually fringing the offside line

Re: Rooney

Postby Donny B. » October 19th, 2010, 9:04 am

Would love it to be true but I'm with Graham Hunter on this. Think most of the headlines are from Rooney's agent looking to get as big a deal as possible.
User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
 
Posts: 26649
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Rooney

Postby Avenger » October 19th, 2010, 9:04 am

Mackman15 wrote:I don't believe it for a moment but god in heaven, they would go to town with the poster campaign.
Give it a forthnight, he'll be back in the team, playing well and it will all disappear is my call on it.


It's a poker game. He wants more money. City are offering more money. He says, give me more money or I'm off... Look, these teams will give me what I want... either pay up or I'm off. Who will blink first?

Can Utd afford to lose him? I don't think so. He's there only world class player.

As a Liverpool fan, I find it hilarious. For years I've had Utd fans bleating on about Torres or Gerrard being off. How's it feel now that the shoe's on the other foot lads?
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3395
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Rooney

Postby sarah_lennon » October 19th, 2010, 9:05 am

Fergie's lost it. He put up with Ronaldo et all and the call girls and Rooney and his nocturnal activities.

This from the the man who hauled Lee Sharpe out of a girls wardrobe!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
User avatar
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15361
Joined: April 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Re: Rooney

Postby Armchair » October 19th, 2010, 9:10 am

sarah_lennon wrote:Fergie's lost it. He put up with Ronaldo et all and the call girls and Rooney and his nocturnal activities.

This from the the man who hauled Lee Sharpe out of a girls wardrobe!


Was Lee Sharpe in the Closet!!
User avatar
Armchair
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Rooney

Postby Mackman15 » October 19th, 2010, 9:10 am

Avenger wrote:As a Liverpool fan, I find it hilarious. For years I've had Utd fans bleating on about Torres or Gerrard being off. How's it feel now that the shoe's on the other foot lads?


I'm with you on this one but i'm not firing back any missiles right at the moment. It's an entertainment that our underground movement should keep to ourselves 'cause christ we have little to be proud of presently or at least enough to confident of that would allow us take the mickey out of others.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
User avatar
Mackman15
Mullet
 
Posts: 1669
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 5:49 pm
Location: Usually fringing the offside line

Re: Rooney

Postby Avenger » October 19th, 2010, 2:50 pm

Mackman15 wrote:
Avenger wrote:As a Liverpool fan, I find it hilarious. For years I've had Utd fans bleating on about Torres or Gerrard being off. How's it feel now that the shoe's on the other foot lads?


I'm with you on this one but i'm not firing back any missiles right at the moment. It's an entertainment that our underground movement should keep to ourselves 'cause christ we have little to be proud of presently or at least enough to confident of that would allow us take the mickey out of others.


http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11667_6453903,00.html

Doesn't get much funnier than that.
I guess his head has been turned by the sort of money that is on offer at City.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3395
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Rooney

Postby sarah_lennon » October 19th, 2010, 3:30 pm

Panning out quite like the Michael Owen scenario 5 years ago. Can go for £7.5 mill apparently!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
User avatar
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15361
Joined: April 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Re: Rooney

Postby Avenger » October 19th, 2010, 3:33 pm

I wonder if the song about transfer requests and kissing badges seems as funny today ?

:D :D :D
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3395
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Rooney

Postby Armchair » October 19th, 2010, 3:37 pm

sarah_lennon wrote:Panning out quite like the Michael Owen scenario 5 years ago. Can go for £7.5 mill apparently!


Yeah heading back to Everton!
User avatar
Armchair
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Rooney

Postby sarah_lennon » October 19th, 2010, 3:38 pm

Armchair wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Panning out quite like the Michael Owen scenario 5 years ago. Can go for £7.5 mill apparently!


Yeah heading back to Everton!

:lol:

That would be hilarious!

Ah well they have Berbatov and Owen to play up front and maybe Fergie can dip into that £70m he's been saving from the Ronaldo transfer!!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
User avatar
sarah_lennon
Leo Cullen
 
Posts: 15361
Joined: April 19th, 2006, 4:14 pm

Re: Rooney

Postby Armchair » October 19th, 2010, 3:45 pm

sarah_lennon wrote:
Armchair wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Panning out quite like the Michael Owen scenario 5 years ago. Can go for £7.5 mill apparently!


Yeah heading back to Everton!

:lol:

That would be hilarious!

Ah well they have Berbatov and Owen to play up front and maybe Fergie can dip into that £70m he's been saving from the Ronaldo transfer!!!


Yeah hopefully Berbatov might re-discover last seasons form
User avatar
Armchair
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Rooney

Postby Sauvignon Blank » October 19th, 2010, 4:59 pm

Hilarious shenannigans at the theatre of screams

'Once a blue..always a red'......eh Wayne lad :lol:
3 Gold Stars
User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Re: Rooney

Postby FrankBurke » October 19th, 2010, 5:22 pm

Judas! Never rated him anyway............
FrankBurke
Mullet
 
Posts: 1051
Joined: March 8th, 2006, 4:59 pm
Location: Cork Gulag

Next

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests