The Ashes

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

West Brit
Mullet

Re: The Ashes

Post by West Brit »

This will be the first time in the history of cricket that Australia have lost three matches by an innings in a series. I think this is the worst Australian side I've ever seen, and that includes the pitiful sides that were put out in the 80s after the last rebel tour to South Africa. They need an overhaul from the selectors down. Awful performances, simply awful.
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

West Brit wrote:This will be the first time in the history of cricket that Australia have lost three matches by an innings in a series. I think this is the worst Australian side I've ever seen, and that includes the pitiful sides that were put out in the 80s after the last rebel tour to South Africa. They need an overhaul from the selectors down. Awful performances, simply awful.
I know....it's great isn't it? :D :wink:
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
West Brit
Mullet

Post by West Brit »

Nah, I don't think anybody wants Australia to go down the West Indian route. This has been some fall from grace.
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Fabulous performance , it makes you wonder what happened in the 1st and 3rd tests.

Will Collingwoods retirement open up any opportunities for Mr Morgan?
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Leinster Exile wrote:Fabulous performance , it makes you wonder what happened in the 1st and 3rd tests.

Will Collingwoods retirement open up any opportunities for Mr Morgan?
Possibly. They may want to include an extra seamer considering what cracking form their top order is in and with a view to someone like Bresnan and or Broad becoming a genuine all rounder.
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on