Cricket World Cup

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Cricket World Cup

Post by Hornet »

To say Bangladesh were woeful would be a compliment to them. Ireland v the Windies should be interesting seeing as how the Windies have gone downhill since the 70's/80's.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Fecking hell, England pressing self destruct button against SA already.

Strauss out third ball and the other Saffa, Pietersen out sixth ball of the first over.
Still got their other Saffa, Trott in with Bell so a big score still possible.

But hardly the ideal start .... :lol:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Sea_point wrote:Fecking hell, England pressing self destruct button against SA already.

Strauss out third ball and the other Saffa, Pietersen out sixth ball of the first over.
Still got their other Saffa, Trott in with Bell so a big score still possible.

But hardly the ideal start .... :lol:
Bell goes three over later with England on 15/3....They are being owned...

Hopefully by the time we play the Saffers they are through already...:?
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

SA will have them spanked in an hour or so. Eng are malodourous. If SA loose 3 wickets doing this I'll be surprised.
No red button but presumably ours in available on the net.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
awaaf
Bookworm

Post by awaaf »

Cricinfo ball by ball updates are a bit sad but often compelling.

Ireland 116/2 (24.4 ov)

India

India won the toss and elected to field

* Ireland RR 4.70
* Last 5 ovs 37/0 RR 7.40
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Our lads are making a decent fist of it so far. 118-2 after 25 overs. The Indian crowd are starting to get on their own team's backs already - Chawla's last over was met with booing throughout. The stage is set for KOB to come in and smash another big one. Anything above 250 will be competitive I suspect.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Really stupid run out there from Niall O'Brien, when he was on 46 and hopefully about to push on. We just need some calm heads now for 5 overs or so, then we can start to lash it a bit more.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Should have said earlier. Live streaming is at www.crictime.com
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

KOB out cheaply. I had a feeling that was going to happen today. Far too much pressure being put on the young lad's shoulders, as if he's the only player in the team who can bat. Caught and bowled trying to smash just the 13th delivery which he faced.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

We were about fifty shy on the day, couple of cheap outs chasing nothing balls or lbw's blocking instead of playing shots.

Still a big learning curve for our lads playing in a cauldron of 40,000 fans. They managed to silence the crowd on several occasions which is no mean feat for an associate country. Losing Johnston with five overs still to bowl in his allocation was critical though, our most canny bowler by a country mile.

Dockrell will be desperately dissapointed with his last over, especially after taking out Dhoni in the first ball. To concede 16 runs therafter to Yusuf showed his inexperience, he just lost focus. Somewhat spoiled an otherwise brilliant session for the young lad. I really hope he can go on to fulfill his potential (in an Ireland jersey).
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sea_point wrote:We were about fifty shy on the day, couple of cheap outs chasing nothing balls or lbw's blocking instead of playing shots.

Still a big learning curve for our lads playing in a cauldron of 40,000 fans. They managed to silence the crowd on several occasions which is no mean feat for an associate country. Losing Johnston with five overs still to bowl in his allocation was critical though, our most canny bowler by a country mile.

Dockrell will be desperately dissapointed with his last over, especially after taking out Dhoni in the first ball. To concede 16 runs therafter to Yusuf showed his inexperience, he just lost focus. Somewhat spoiled an otherwise brilliant session for the young lad. I really hope he can go on to fulfill his potential (in an Ireland jersey).
How amazing must it have felt taking Tendulkar's wicket as an 18y/o???

Unfortunately, One would see his potential only being realised in an England shirt
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Darce wrote:
Sea_point wrote:We were about fifty shy on the day, couple of cheap outs chasing nothing balls or lbw's blocking instead of playing shots.

How amazing must it have felt taking Tendulkar's wicket as an 18y/o???

Unfortunately, One would see his potential only being realised in an England shirt
To throw a few down in Nets alone would be amazing for the vast majority, most would be happy enough with being hit into the next county...

Most likley the ECCB programs are required to get the very best out of him, Cricket Ireland just simply wouldn't have the resources to bring him on the next stage sadly and of course the number of first class games available to Ireland as an associate also hinder progress...
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

191 for 5 (40.0 overs)

Chasing 275

Come on Ireland !!!
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Collapsing before my very eyes!!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

And thats all she wrote

We had a chance before we lost Joyce and Wilson
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

75 runs needed from 7 overs and wickets beginning to tumble.... :?
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Bad lower order collapse i'm afraid.

Hard luck lads. Next up South Africa!!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Mackman15 wrote:Bad lower order collapse i'm afraid.

Hard luck lads. Next up South Africa!!
A ust-win if we want to make the next round.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
SCG
Bookworm

Post by SCG »

Bangladesh have beaten England! Not sure if that's the best result for us, however. Still the team has done very well.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Simply phenomenal performance from the Irish bowling attack here - South Africa are on 119-5 after 27 overs and looking seriously shaken. If we can get rid of Duminy in the next few overs, this game will be there for the taking. Mooney, Dockrell and Stirling are doing most of the damage.