Manchester United Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Manchester United Thread

Postby Metal » March 7th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Sea_point wrote:
Metal wrote:Keane got sent off about 9 times for United, Cantona about 6. Got away with nothing like Carraghers tackle. Havin said that, Poolscum deserved their victorytoday. Should see them consolidate mid table mediocrity for another season.


Would you g'wan out of that. Keane and Cantona regularly got away with blue bloody murder, yes they got caught sometimes but both got away with some dreadful sh*t on a regular basis and don't even go there with Keane the perpetrator of some of the most disgusting fouls on an English football pitch whether in a Forest & United jersey...

Shame we can't play your lot every week, we'd be champions at the end of the season. Love the way your lot sulked out of Anfield without giving an interview, the big choke has begun like last season.. :lol:

Go on the Goooners, game in hand...... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And Stevie G(sic) never two footed anybody!!
United choked last season??? United weren't good enough last season, they choked in 92 alright but not last season.
Not happy myself with the no interview thing either, Phelan should have been sent out if Sir Alex was afraid of what he'd say but shows a lack of class IMO.
Nice to see the Poolscum fans on here happy being closer to the bottom of the league than the top once United don't win the league. Small time attitude, small time team. As sung by United fans yesterday.... YOU'RE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE.

Oh and by the way, 4 or 5 more players and you'll be chasing the league!!! You won't get that many quality players to play for a team in the Soda Pop UEFA Cup,
and you'll also have to hope no one else strengthens their team either, good luck with that one.
Metal
Bookworm
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Avenger » March 7th, 2011, 9:18 pm

Metal wrote:Poolscum


You're obviously as classy as the team you support.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3356
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Metal » March 7th, 2011, 9:42 pm

Avenger wrote:
Metal wrote:Poolscum


You're obviously as classy as the team you support.

Jeez it's ok for you lot to call United players/manager/team any amount of names but if it's returned....

Between my friends and I where we drink they refer to United as 'The Filth' and we refer to liverpool as the 'scum'. It's nothing personal, it's a bit of a laugh.
Sorry if the joke doesn't travel.

Oh, I got a PM a while back about not getting personal whilst 'debating' a point with someone but it's ok for you to do it....
Metal
Bookworm
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Avenger » March 7th, 2011, 9:48 pm

Metal wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Metal wrote:Poolscum


You're obviously as classy as the team you support.

Jeez it's ok for you lot to call United players/manager/team any amount of names but if it's returned....

Between my friends and I where we drink they refer to United as 'The Filth' and we refer to liverpool as the 'scum'. It's nothing personal, it's a bit of a laugh.
Sorry if the joke doesn't travel.

Oh, I got a PM a while back about not getting personal whilst 'debating' a point with someone but it's ok for you to do it....


I'm not getting personal but I object to being called scum by a stranger. IMO anyone who calls someone scum is a classy dude. Keep up the good work.
Perhaps you should start up a Man Utd thread and start some debates in there and you'll find like minded individuals to chat to ;)
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3356
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Metal » March 7th, 2011, 10:08 pm

I'm not getting personal but I object to being called scum by a stranger. IMO anyone who calls someone scum is a classy dude. Keep up the good work.
Perhaps you should start up a Man Utd thread and start some debates in there and you'll find like minded individuals to chat to ;)[/quote]
Poolscum is a nickname for Liverpool Football Club. Not you or any other individual and NOWHERE in my post could you possibly have thought otherwise. Get off your high horse ffs.
Metal
Bookworm
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Avenger » March 8th, 2011, 9:42 am

Here you go metal. A thread where you can be yourself and no one will bother you.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3356
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Logorrhea » March 8th, 2011, 10:40 am

See what happens when you dont conform with the majority opinion? :)
User avatar
Logorrhea
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: October 2nd, 2007, 1:20 pm
Location: D24

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Armchair » March 8th, 2011, 10:42 am

I am not commenting on this site and I refuse to answer any more questions or give any more interviews!
User avatar
Armchair
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 10:16 am

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Avenger » March 8th, 2011, 10:45 am

Logorrhea wrote:See what happens when you dont conform with the majority opinion? :)


I think we should start up a thread for every team ;)

Juvenile name calling aside, there should be enough fans of ManU to keep it ticking over...
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3356
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Peg Leg » March 8th, 2011, 2:28 pm

Avenger wrote:There should be enough fans of ManU to keep it ticking over...




...........
Image
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
User avatar
Peg Leg
Devin Toner
 
Posts: 8629
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby LeRouxIsPHat » March 8th, 2011, 4:30 pm

I never really get the spite between people over here who support English teams. As much of a United fan as I am I wouldn't feel the need to slag people I don't know and take such pleasure over a result like Sunday (not that I could of course given how badly beaten we were!). A bita banter between friends is obviously grand but anything more than that as seen in the first couple of posts here don't really make sense to me.

As for United, I've rarely seen us play as badly as we did on Sunday, at least not in a big game. Liverpool did play really well but we were pathetic at times. Myself and a friend of mine whos also a big United fan have been incredulous that we've been picking up points all season, there's been so few good performances that it almost makes no sense. I saw a really interesting interview with Ben Foster recently where he admitted that he simply couldn't hack the mental aspect of playing for United. He said that the will to win in every training session and game as well as the other players obsessing about bad results and taking their work home with them was too much for him but summed up why we're successful.
User avatar
LeRouxIsPHat
Shane Horgan
 
Posts: 11182
Joined: January 22nd, 2009, 8:49 pm

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Metal » March 8th, 2011, 7:14 pm

Logorrhea wrote:See what happens when you dont conform with the majority opinion? :)

If you're a HSH regular or known by the Mods you can say or do what you want. Slag off who you want, however you see fit. You can use any amount of name calling slagging off other teams and cities, just not theirs. you can start a disgusting thread like 'Dear Chris Whitaker' and no repricussions (still pisses me off that thread) but if you're not in this little clique, this is what you get. Despite my pointing out that Poolscum was NOT aimed at Avenger or any other individual I still have this shite to put up with. Pathetic. You need to grow up Avenger.
Metal
Bookworm
 
Posts: 155
Joined: November 20th, 2007, 10:24 pm

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Sauvignon Blank » March 8th, 2011, 11:48 pm

Metal wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:See what happens when you dont conform with the majority opinion? :)

If you're a HSH regular or known by the Mods you can say or do what you want. Slag off who you want, however you see fit. You can use any amount of name calling slagging off other teams and cities, just not theirs. you can start a disgusting thread like 'Dear Chris Whitaker' and no repricussions (still pisses me off that thread) but if you're not in this little clique, this is what you get. Despite my pointing out that Poolscum was NOT aimed at Avenger or any other individual I still have this shite to put up with. Pathetic. You need to grow up Avenger.



:lol: Christ on a Bike.
3 Gold Stars
User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Logorrhea » March 9th, 2011, 12:01 am

A bit over the top, but you are all very precious about Liverpool. Its as if you are looking to get offended.

Poolscum, Chelscum, Filth ....... common enough terms. As daft as they are, you'd want to be going out of your way to be offended by those.

Anyhoo, I'm off to contemplate what I'd be saying in an Arsenal thread right now.
User avatar
Logorrhea
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3990
Joined: October 2nd, 2007, 1:20 pm
Location: D24

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby gfo » March 23rd, 2011, 12:45 am

So anyway, worst United team in about 10 years, and they're still on track to win the title. I'd say you'd be raging to be a Liverpool fan this year
User avatar
gfo
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2072
Joined: October 19th, 2008, 7:59 pm
Location: B.A.C.

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby brummie-leinster-man » May 12th, 2011, 1:48 pm

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I never really get the spite between people over here who support English teams.


Pure bandwagoning. If a born and bred scouser and a born and bread manc slag each others football team off its because of the history of banter between the 2 cities and extends to other aspects of life. Its usually just a laugh.

Living in Birmingham I get all the banter between Villa & Blues fans - again 99% of it is friendly.

If your born and bred in say, Dublin for example and you follow a team like Man U. I struggle to see how you could be a part of the banter between mancs and scousers. What you'll find is the one time in their lives they have been to Old Trafford they overheard an exchange of banter between locals, maybe picked up a few nicknames such as 'poolscum' (for example) and now think that if they use these terms it validates them as a supporter.

Birmingham is absolutely packed to the rafters with Man U 'supporters' - (most of them weren't living in England when the like of Cantona and Keane were playing) who like to slag off Man City fans. They dont actually know anybody who supports Man City but as they are rivals they automatically have to dislike them.

But that's football for you.......
User avatar
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened
 
Posts: 813
Joined: January 29th, 2010, 11:29 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Sauvignon Blank » May 13th, 2011, 1:16 pm

brummie-leinster-man wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I never really get the spite between people over here who support English teams.


Pure bandwagoning. If a born and bred scouser and a born and bread manc slag each others football team off its because of the history of banter between the 2 cities and extends to other aspects of life. Its usually just a laugh.

Living in Birmingham I get all the banter between Villa & Blues fans - again 99% of it is friendly.

If your born and bred in say, Dublin for example and you follow a team like Man U. I struggle to see how you could be a part of the banter between mancs and scousers. What you'll find is the one time in their lives they have been to Old Trafford they overheard an exchange of banter between locals, maybe picked up a few nicknames such as 'poolscum' (for example) and now think that if they use these terms it validates them as a supporter.

Birmingham is absolutely packed to the rafters with Man U 'supporters' - (most of them weren't living in England when the like of Cantona and Keane were playing) who like to slag off Man City fans. They dont actually know anybody who supports Man City but as they are rivals they automatically have to dislike them.

But that's football for you.......



Brummie, Ive been to many a Liverpool V Man U game over the years, home and away and Cup Finals and believe me they are anything but 'usually just a laugh' with friendly banter.
Around the ground and train stations they can turn very nasty, very quickly. United get a police escort into Liverpool every time.

If anyone on here has been on the forecourt outside OT after a liverpool game you will know what i'm talking about :shock:
One particular game that sticks out was the game in 07 i think? 1 nil to ManU in the 89th minute where Ferdinand scored and Neville ran the lenght of the pitch to goad us in the corner.

Absolute mayhem outside. :shock:
3 Gold Stars
User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Avenger » May 13th, 2011, 1:27 pm

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Brummie, Ive been to many a Liverpool V Man U game over the years, home and away and Cup Finals and believe me they are anything but 'usually just a laugh' with friendly banter.


This hatred is much worse now than it was 20+ years ago... and I believe that Ferguson is responsible for that. He upped the ante big time in the rivalry stakes with his "fucking perch" shite.
It's a pity as the United official supporters club was one of the few supporters clubs which sent representatives to Anfield in the aftermath of Hillsborough.

The obsession each club has with he other is pathetic. United deservedly beat Chelsea last week to effectively wrap up their 19th title and the only "singing" that I could really here was a rendition of "you Scouse Bast*rd" at Torres. The irony of chanting that at a Spaniard playing for Chelsea while their own talisman is from the very heart of Liverpool is clearly lost on them.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
User avatar
Avenger
Malcolm O'Kelly
 
Posts: 3356
Joined: February 9th, 2006, 4:57 pm
Location: lost in thought; it's unfamiliar territory...

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby brummie-leinster-man » May 13th, 2011, 2:49 pm

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
brummie-leinster-man wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I never really get the spite between people over here who support English teams.


Pure bandwagoning. If a born and bred scouser and a born and bread manc slag each others football team off its because of the history of banter between the 2 cities and extends to other aspects of life. Its usually just a laugh.

Living in Birmingham I get all the banter between Villa & Blues fans - again 99% of it is friendly.

If your born and bred in say, Dublin for example and you follow a team like Man U. I struggle to see how you could be a part of the banter between mancs and scousers. What you'll find is the one time in their lives they have been to Old Trafford they overheard an exchange of banter between locals, maybe picked up a few nicknames such as 'poolscum' (for example) and now think that if they use these terms it validates them as a supporter.

Birmingham is absolutely packed to the rafters with Man U 'supporters' - (most of them weren't living in England when the like of Cantona and Keane were playing) who like to slag off Man City fans. They dont actually know anybody who supports Man City but as they are rivals they automatically have to dislike them.

But that's football for you.......



Brummie, Ive been to many a Liverpool V Man U game over the years, home and away and Cup Finals and believe me they are anything but 'usually just a laugh' with friendly banter.
Around the ground and train stations they can turn very nasty, very quickly. United get a police escort into Liverpool every time.

If anyone on here has been on the forecourt outside OT after a liverpool game you will know what i'm talking about :shock:
One particular game that sticks out was the game in 07 i think? 1 nil to ManU in the 89th minute where Ferdinand scored and Neville ran the lenght of the pitch to goad us in the corner.

Absolute mayhem outside. :shock:


OK that's a fair point and you will know better than me on this one. My sources are scousers and mancs that I know personally and it is just friendly banter between the guys I know. I appreciate that at the match itself it can be quite moody but if I've watched a few Man U Liverpool games in pubs and I've never seen any trouble 1st hand.

My point was more so aimed at the previous comment about people in Ireland getting caught up in local rivalries. Like I said in my previous post, if a genuine scouser and a genuine manc want to take the piss out of each other because of where they are from and the history of rivalry between the 2 cities that extends outside football thats one thing...but if somebody from Dublin wants to get involved in that kind of banter the I fail to see where they are coming from. The same as if a geordie wants to take the piss out of somebody from Cork because he's just started supporting the Dublin football team, it wouldn't really suit.
User avatar
brummie-leinster-man
Enlightened
 
Posts: 813
Joined: January 29th, 2010, 11:29 am
Location: Birmingham

Re: Manchester United Thread

Postby Sauvignon Blank » May 13th, 2011, 2:54 pm

Avenger wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:Brummie, Ive been to many a Liverpool V Man U game over the years, home and away and Cup Finals and believe me they are anything but 'usually just a laugh' with friendly banter.


This hatred is much worse now than it was 20+ years ago... and I believe that Ferguson is responsible for that. He upped the ante big time in the rivalry stakes with his "fucking perch" shite.
It's a pity as the United official supporters club was one of the few supporters clubs which sent representatives to Anfield in the aftermath of Hillsborough.

The obsession each club has with he other is pathetic. United deservedly beat Chelsea last week to effectively wrap up their 19th title and the only "singing" that I could really here was a rendition of "you Scouse Bast*rd" at Torres. The irony of chanting that at a Spaniard playing for Chelsea while their own talisman is from the very heart of Liverpool is clearly lost on them.



So you could not hear such favourites as 'Build a bonfire' and the rather odious 'we won it 3 times without killing anyone..........we won it 3 times' ?

They even have a T-Shirt to celebrate it

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/articl ... -fury.html
3 Gold Stars
User avatar
Sauvignon Blank
Cian Healy
 
Posts: 2576
Joined: June 22nd, 2008, 10:10 am
Location: Splendid Isolation

Next

Return to Other Sports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest