Robbie Keane

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Robbie Keane

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Cianostays wrote:He's been a magnificent servant for Ireland down through the years.

A lot of the younger players could learn an awful lot from him and Duff about the attitude you should have when you get selected to play for Ireland.
And Kilbane to be fair. He's not missed an Irish camp in a ridiculous amount of time and the Macedonia game was something like his 70th consecutive competitive appearance in an Irish shirt which is an unbelievable statistic no matter who you play for! Limited enough player but there's no way you can question his commitment to the Ireland shirt.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

BlueArmyOriginal wrote:
Cianostays wrote:He's been a magnificent servant for Ireland down through the years.

A lot of the younger players could learn an awful lot from him and Duff about the attitude you should have when you get selected to play for Ireland.
And Kilbane to be fair. He's not missed an Irish camp in a ridiculous amount of time and the Macedonia game was something like his 70th consecutive competitive appearance in an Irish shirt which is an unbelievable statistic no matter who you play for! Limited enough player but there's no way you can question his commitment to the Ireland shirt.
Picked out Duff and Keane as being two of the most talented players (as well as dedicated) in the squad. As far as dedication to the cause goes, Kilbane certainly deserves to be in that list.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

bump :lol:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Scott wrote:bump :lol:
Has to be better than Twigg Terrace.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP