Dispatches: How to buy a football club.

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Dispatches: How to buy a football club.

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Anyone see it? Bryan Robson's career is fupped!!!
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Dispatches: How to buy a football club.

Post by Donny B. »

Think it was f**ked anyway!
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

The buying multiple of multiple clubs with one fund is clearly against the rules however I struggled to see what wrongs Robson said. I did miss some of the program
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Leinster Exile wrote:The buying multiple of multiple clubs with one fund is clearly against the rules however I struggled to see what wrongs Robson said. I did miss some of the program
1. He had clearly had too many beers ay the MU bar
2. He said that football was no longer a sport, it was a business. No matter how much the latter may be true, it will die if the former is not preserved.
3. He said he could not manage another club in England, as he was an ambassador for MU, but he was quite prepared to "manage the manager".
4. He immediately blurted out yes in reply to the reporter's question as to whether two clubs could be bought. Even the director of the fund rowed back from that saying that the issue would have to be "structured".

They are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head.
Four Stars
awol
Bookworm

Post by awol »

English/Professional football is a bit on the corrupt side? Nothing new there. Good programme shedding some light on it though, shame nothings going to come of. No shock to see Alex Ferguson being brought up. Seems like a system where everyone has to get their hands dirty to get ahead there!
Wexford man stuck in Cork....