Gary Speed RIP

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Gary Speed RIP

Post by Cianostays »

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Re: Gary Speed RIP

Post by Leinster Exile »

I was watching him yesterday on edit * Football Focus yesterday before the baa baas game started. They showed clips of him winning the league with Leeds.
I'm genuinely shocked at this. RIP
Last edited by Leinster Exile on November 27th, 2011, 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Fuppin hell that is shocking! The news channels saying he took his own life. Was only watching him on Football focus yesterday!!!
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

RIP
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Really sad. He always seemed a very genuine, balanced and sensitive individual in the snake pit of egomaniacs and amoral types that comprises too much of the professional soccer world. His longevity as a player for some reason endorsed his decent 'old school' quality; as in playing for as long as he could without concern for any legacy. He was a throwback to when players of quality understood that a legacy included not just appearing as a star but also taking pleasure and pride in serving as a supporting act when your legs and wind starts to go. Played for his country (an unfashionable one) throughout that time too- when others found reasons to opt out. And for us Leeds fans featured in that last Championship team in '93. A classy guy! Rest in Peace Gary.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"