for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Mackman15
Mullet

Re: Is Padraig Harrington serious?

Post by Mackman15 »

He certainly is today.
-10 for a 61 to lead on day one.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Mackman15 wrote:He certainly is today.

Mad stuff from PH.

a 75 footer on the Par 3 17th for birdie. If he stays mid to high 60's hes a winner. I doubt he's got 4 good rounds in him.
Hope i'm wrong.
3 Gold Stars
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:

Mad stuff from PH.

a 75 footer on the Par 3 17th for birdie. If he stays mid to high 60's hes a winner. I doubt he's got 4 good rounds in him.
Hope i'm wrong.
Yeah, don't know if I fear it more for him now only for it to go totally t:ts up as opposed to being 1 off the lead with 9holes to play on Sunday. A blow out now would be truly crushing.

Certainly when I heard him this morning talking about the disappointment of not getting to a 59 worried me greatly.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Mackman15 wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:

Mad stuff from PH.

Hope i'm wrong.
Yeah, don't know if I fear it more for him now only for it to go totally t:ts up as opposed to being 1 off the lead with 9holes to play on Sunday. A blow out now would be truly crushing.

Certainly when I heard him this morning talking about the disappointment of not getting to a 59 worried me greatly.
He missed a handy 6 footer for birdie mid round and said his head was melted for a few holes.

Jesus h christ Padraig, you shot a career best, be happy and go out and shoot 67/68 tonight. And lets see what comes on the weekend.
3 Gold Stars
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

33 putts tells it's own story. He got 1 from inside 10ft and held nothing after outisde of that. He even missed a 1 footer for Par :shock:
Driving and Irons are OK, which is something.
Still in the hunt, tonight will be interesting, think he may have a 67/68 in him which will give him a great shot on Sunday.
Come on PH, the day thats in it :D
3 Gold Stars
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

(*clearing of throat.) ahem,

Right, over to you PH.
ellandleinster
Enlightened

Post by ellandleinster »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:33 putts tells it's own story. He got 1 from inside 10ft and held nothing after outisde of that. He even missed a 1 footer for Par :shock:
Driving and Irons are OK, which is something.
Still in the hunt, tonight will be interesting, think he may have a 67/68 in him which will give him a great shot on Sunday.
Come on PH, the day thats in it :D
Would love to see him have a few more wins and who knows.

But its a funny thing (and it might be cos I'm getting on myself) but I was surprised to see that PH is now 40. Golf is a funny game in that despite it's image as an older person's game you would have to say PH's best years are behind him. In many ways a pro golfer has a even shorter career(at least at the top) than that of players of more physical impact sports.