Puffballers - Jaysus!!!

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Mauler
Seán Cronin

Puffballers - Jaysus!!!

Post by Mauler »

Even their touchjudges are drama queens ... Ban this joke of a pastime!!

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/wor ... 11589.html :lol:
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
West Brit
Mullet

Re: Puffballers - Jaysus!!!

Post by West Brit »

The look of bemusement on the player's face is pretty funny.
Caveats apply as it is entirely possible that the information contained in the above post is either an attempt at a wind-up, an attempt at a joke or just plain wrong.
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

You just could not make this sh!te up!

League One - Bournemouth owner's wife gives team talk
Bournemouth players were stunned at the weekend when the wife of the club's owner came into the dressing room to give a half-time team talk.
The Cherries were trailing 1-0 in their home match against MK Dons at Seward Stadium when the normally reclusive Russian oil billionaire Maxim Demin and his wife entered the changing room to talk to the players.

Sadly, her words of inspiration did not lead to a miracle turnaround: Bournemouth did improve after the break, but missed four decent chances and the game finished 1-0.

The Bournemouth Echo subsequently broke news of the extraordinary half-time team-talk, leading to widespread criticism - and also leading to Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell putting his foot in it once more.

Mitchell went on Radio Five Live to explain what had happened and swore several times, prompting presenter Mark Chapman to cut him off. Mitchell later explained that he did not know the interview was being broadcast live on air, but insisted that there was nothing wrong with Mrs Demin offering her words of encouragement.

"She and her husband have put a lot of energy and a lot of money into the club through me and I believe that she is entitled to express her opinion," he said.

"It was half-time and I think in the second half we played as well as we did in the first half, so it didn't affect the game. I think the people that are putting money into football are entitled to their say."

Mitchell reiterated his support for manager Lee Bradbury, but added that he felt entitled as a co-owner to make his views known.

"We are 100 per cent behind the system we have got, the manager we have got and everybody else. But we watch it, we watch the game and we all feel frustrated... I feel that we are allowed to filter our frustration down to the changing room.

"If we were 2-0 up at half-time, we wouldn't have come down. But we came down. It was probably wrong that we came down but modern football is changing. People have got their lives and money on the line."

Mitchell also apologised for turning the BBC airwaves blue.

"I wouldn't want to offend anybody. I work hard at that club and go there day and night. I have no great vocabulary, I wasn't particularly well educated and I have no long words to belittle people with," he said.

"If I am challenged when I don't really know that we were live on radio, then my answer is my answer.

"I was being driven along in a car, the phone went, it was a blocked number and I answered it. I didn't know who it was and somebody said a name, I didn't know it was Radio Five Live and he asked me some stupid question. I wasn't really expecting a call."

It is far from the first time that the Cherries owner has lost his cool. Last Septembr he addressed angry fans over the PA system following the League One side’s 3-0 home defeat to Chesterfield.

The Dean Court faithful had directed their concern towards Bradbury, but Mitchell grabbed a microphone as he was ushered onto the pitch by a number of stewards.

Picking out a specific member of the crowd, he shouted: “The lad in the leather jacket whose eyes seem to be popping out of his head. Why don’t you jump over the fence and come and have a chat with me?

“Come on, then. One to one? There appears to be some frustration because we’ve lost today.

“Obviously you don’t want to listen to me... the supporters... where is your pride? Are you frustrated with the team we’ve got? Tell me, are you frustrated because we lost today?

“Would you be there if we’d won 4-1 today? Is football guaranteed? Are the results ­guaranteed?”
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/27022012/ ... -talk.html
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Quick thought for Fabrice Muamba. Been through a lot in life already and desperately unfortunate to suffer cardiac arrest. Ironically having it happen on a football pitch might have saved him but for his sake and for his family's I hope he recovers fully.
Four Stars