Euro 2012 C'mon Ireland

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Re: Euro 2012 C'mon Ireland

Post by Broken Wing »

The FIFA rankings change every month or so. Those are the rankings as of last Wednesday, just before the tournament started. In the months since the draw for the Euro 2012 pools, through ranking points picked up in friendlies, Denmark have climbed the rankings from 16th just as we climbed from 25th. The Czech Republic dropped away.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Apocrypha wrote:
The Irish Football team are a disgrace, at least the Rugby boys gave it a lash before getting manshamed to fcuk.

Inspiration for Spain?

Where's Uday Hussein when you need him? :lol:

You mad crazy individual :lol:
3 Gold Stars
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

And that's that!
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Donny B. wrote:And that's that!
We could have at least done ourselves justice. Time to say f%~k it, bring on Shane Long for McGeady, James McLean for Whelan go 4-3-1-2 and see what happens.
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

We look as clueless and out of our depth in this game as the egg chasers did last Saturday. Kick & chase then hope for the best. A technically superior team, with a more coherent and effective game plan taking us to the cleaners.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Glenn Whelan is the worst player to pull on the green jersey since Eddie mcgoldrick. We are a shambles. Whats the point of qualifying to play like this?
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

jezzer wrote:Playing not to lose. The Irish disease. Pathetic.
This. A thousand times this. The RTE commentary are doing my focking head in with their pathetic drivel of "best fans". We were there to for a football competition not a choir competition.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
BlueArmyOriginal
Rhys Ruddock

Post by BlueArmyOriginal »

Our worst result in 6 years since we lost 4-0 at home to Holland in 2006, first time we've conceded 4 in a competitive match since 1985, worst competitive result since losing 6-0 to Austria in 1971, this is proper rock bottom stuff. If we dont get the performance we'd originally hoped for against Italy than where the hell does this group of players go from here?!
'And striding away now! For Leinster, is Brian O'Driscoll! He's Running for the posts, he could be running for the Final here! We've got a quarter of the match to go but at the moment the colour is Blue!!' Myles Harrison; Croke Park; 2nd May 2009
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I watched this guff on the understanding I'd only have to watch one Irish team lose this week. I even listened to the half time analysis by Roy and the other two guys whoever they were. Roll on Saturday.
Last edited by domhnallj on June 14th, 2012, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

RTÉ's Stephen Alkin wrote:The Greek fans are singing like their winning. I'd remind them that they're 2-1 down.
The Irish fans are singing like they're winning. I'd remind them that they're 4-0 down. :lol:

At least our rugby team managed to score against the world champions :)
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Twitter is a focking circle jerk of "tiddle dee dee aren't we great fans". Pathetic, I'm with Roy Keane on this one http://www.itv.com/sport/football/euro/ ... mentality/
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Roy Keane is completely right. Too many filthy Dublin knackers in that team. 100 years ago those useless Royal Dublin Fusillier bums would be dying like dogs up in Spion Kop. Embarassing Ireland knows no limits at the moment. Leinster to concede 60 points on Saturday... :lol:
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Oh dear, Pseudepigripha has been hitting the crank. Again.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

You do have to admire Keane's utter lack of self awareness, or basic intelligence, when he suggests the team "never showed up". Well done little man.
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Crank? I think you're mixing me up with that filthy Dublin knacker who's recently been singing: "You'll never beat de Oirish!"

Now dare's a fecker dat's been on de crank. Gurnin like a muvvafukka, ohh yea!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

tate wrote:Twitter is a focking circle jerk of "tiddle dee dee aren't we great fans". Pathetic, I'm with Roy Keane on this one http://www.itv.com/sport/football/euro/ ... mentality/
Well, it's the Irish attitude, isn't it? "We love to party and have the craic" blah blah, but when others attempt to cash in or profit on it (Howard Kendall, for one) they are derided as stereotyping us as drunks and layabouts. The last few minutes singing were pretty cool and the fans who sacrificed so much to be given so little deserve better and should feel short-changed, but the whole "BEST FANS IN THE WORLD"TM is for the people of Ireland to bask in only. As an expat, I look forward to going to work now with colleagues asking me questions about why Ireland are so bad, how did they qualify, what will be the score v Italy etc. There'll be no mention of the fans.

I have respect for those who stayed behind and sang in the rain as their team was 4 down. A lot of other people would have left. But let's remember why Ireland are there.
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

Bad night for Irish soccer but do many people really care. Also I am sick of this best soccer Fans in the world cos simply they don't cause fights when they travel and sing loudly. Ask how many of those fans regurly attend all International matches or any eircim league matches. I bet very few at least attend the local games. Like most things just event junkies who like a good piss up and sing sing and prib all support English soccer teams but hate the same players in an English jersey for some reason. Good singing and good to see so many travelling but not really true pure Irish soccer fans IMHO.
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

jezzer wrote:Glenn Whelan is the worst player to pull on the green jersey since Eddie mcgoldrick. We are a shambles. Whats the point of qualifying to play like this?
Paul Green???
Four Stars
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Lar wrote:
jezzer wrote:Glenn Whelan is the worst player to pull on the green jersey since Eddie mcgoldrick. We are a shambles. Whats the point of qualifying to play like this?
Paul Green???
Gary Doherty ?
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

So Roy Keane wasn't impressed. Well what's he going to do about it? Where's the Roy Keane Footballing academy to train up future Irish internationals? What League of Ireland side is he managing to demonstrate how things should be done? Nothing but bluster from the walk away king.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!