Liverpool Thread

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Re: Liverpool Thread

Post by Lamb of BOD »

On a recent Guardian Football podcast, Barry Glendenning referenced a good source of his at Anfield who said that Brodgers had been told (before the Man Utd game) that he had to take 7 points from the next three or he would be getting his pink slip. This horror-show draw at home to newly-promoted Norwich means that's one point from two matches. We'll see if Barry's source was correct.

John Ruddy was immense today between the sticks for the Canaries.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

All gone very stale and Liverpool are again destined for life between 5th and 8th. Fans loosing interest after lean years with no improvement in sight. Owners will need to act fast and make a large statement or more years of wilderness await. Rodgers has lost the fans only a matter of time before he goes
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Ancellotti, hmm, reckon its bs. If they were going to sack him the 6-1 to Stoke would have been the time. Will still be interested to see what happens at Christmas. Also lose tonight and......
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

offshorerules wrote:Also lose tonight and......
It's gone to Extra time :roll:
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

Don't forget that Brodgers was only given a net of about 10 mill to spend this summer. I think that was a case of the owners waiting to see how the season started and holding their pennies for the next manager. 1-1 at home to Carlisle tonight after 90 mins with a pretty close to full strength team won't have helped his case
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Lamb of BOD wrote:I think that was a case of the owners waiting to see how the season started and holding their pennies for the next manager.
They wouldn't have spent 90 odd million this summer (in addition to the Ings, Bogdan and Milner free signings) if that was the case.

Also, Rodgers doesn't make the signings. Its some type of committee of which Rodgers is a part.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Logorrhea wrote:
Lamb of BOD wrote:I think that was a case of the owners waiting to see how the season started and holding their pennies for the next manager.
They wouldn't have spent 90 odd million this summer (in addition to the Ings, Bogdan and Milner free signings) if that was the case.

Also, Rodgers doesn't make the signings. Its some type of committee of which Rodgers is a part.
Rodgers had got the players he looked for this summer. FSG have been leaking that since the end of the window. The writing is on the wall that he has been backed and got who he looked for.

It's a mess. Apparently Sakho was looking to leave after Brodge assuring FSG that Lovren was the better player until FSG stepped in and offered him a new contract without Brodge's approval.

He looks lile a man who has lost all confidence in himself and he's starting to contradict himself at this stage. I think a parting of the ways is best for all parties. Brodge needs time out to reset and start again somewhere and LFC need a coach who has a clear vision and sticks too it.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Rumours seem to be building that he's getting sacked, although wouldn't be surprised if that's just based on him not facing the press last night.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Rumours seem to be building that he's getting sacked, although wouldn't be surprised if that's just based on him not facing the press last night.
Yeah. Twitter was buzzing with that since around lunch time.
Looks like its either back him or sack him time... otherwise it'll just drag on until they do sack him.
And by back him, I mean they categorically say that he is their man, period.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

Poor enough showing again tonight, although I suspect BR doesn't care too much about the Europa League. Hardly looked like scoring. No creativity going forward. Hoping they'll put it right against Everton on Sunday
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Big game on Sunday, If Liverpool have a bad result we will have a new manager by next weekend
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Armchair wrote:Big game on Sunday, If Liverpool have a bad result we will have a new manager by next weekend
The way I'm hearing it, we'll have one regardless.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

Avenger wrote:
Armchair wrote:Big game on Sunday, If Liverpool have a bad result we will have a new manager by next weekend
Care to elaborate?
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Lamb of BOD wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Not much to say. Just someone who I'd trust and is usually spot on has told me he's gone and it'll be announced next week. There's been a rumour in the city for a few weeks now but I didn't pay much heed to it until my mate said it.
Nothing on replacement btw.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

Interesting. Thanks.
There have been so many rumours doing the rounds that you'd be inclined to believe them. Talksport had a shortlist of 7 - but only 3 of them seemed credible to me. Mourinho will be available soon :lol:
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Rodgers: "There is a constant rebuilding going on here, whether that's me in charge or someone else."

That would suggest he's gone.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

It's official. He's gone.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I find that very strange timing, really should have got rid of him during the summer.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I find that very strange timing, really should have got rid of him during the summer.
International break. No game til the 17th. Looks like its Klopp BTW.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

Avenger wrote: The way I'm hearing it, we'll have one regardless.
Spot on.

Would be delighted with Klopp