31st march,April 1st selections at fairyhouse

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

beaker1
Learner

31st march,April 1st selections at fairyhouse

Post by beaker1 »

4:30 Fairyhouse – Powers Gold Cup sunday 31st march

BUCKERS BRIDGE really impressed me first time out over fences, jumping well in bad ground to come out best in an almighty battle with Sword of Destiny. He ran below form next time out, but I expect he was still feeling the effects of such a hard race. Having been given a break he returned to the track in February and ran a good race to beat Twinlight over an inadequate trip. Two and a half miles suits him perfectly and I can see him running a big race. He has won 5 of his 6 starts and is progressive and also fresh, which can prove critical at this stage of the season. Odds of 10/1 look fair and I can see him running very well. The main danger could prove to be Oscars Well who has taken well to fences and looked very good on his debut. He was a classy hurdler and jumped very well on his chase debut, but fell early on next time out and has not looked quite the same since. He has run well in defeat though, including beating Baily Green and Benefficient at Leopardstown, who both went on to frank the form at Cheltenham. He finished second to Arvika Ligeonniere that day, but that horse has not looked the same recently and Oscars Well has the benefit of a good break and with the extra distance of this race also likely to suit, he could prove hard to beat.

Monday April 1st

4:50 Fairyhouse – Irish Grand National

MARASONNIEN looks to be on a good mark for his handicap debut. A grade one winner over hurdles, where he stayed on well to beat Vesper Bell, he has run well over fences without getting his head in front. His run behind Lord Windermere, where he was beaten just 2 lengths at level weights now looks really good form after his win in the RSA Chase and this step up in trip looks like it should suit. He has not looked the quickest horse so far, so I feel it is a good idea to try marathon trips with him. A rating of 135 looks lenient and gives him a very low weight (10-2), which is important as 8 of the last 9 winners carried 10-5 or less. Willie Mullins had several entered in this, but has made him his number one for the race and taken his other leading contenders out, so that could be a tip in its self.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: 31st march,April 1st selections at fairyhouse

Post by Donny B. »

As this is the closest thing to a racing thread, have to mention the truly awful news about JT McNamara.

http://www.thescore.ie/jt-mcnamara-para ... 1-Mar2013/
beaker1
Learner

Post by beaker1 »

yes very sad,very good jockey wish him all the best
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Paddy Power are paying out 5 places on the Grand National.

All I have to do is pick a massive long shot outsider and I am sorted.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

IanD wrote:Paddy Power are paying out 5 places on the Grand National.

Hope you picked Liberty Chase....
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Donny B. wrote:
IanD wrote:Paddy Power are paying out 5 places on the Grand National.

Hope you picked Liberty Chase....
No. I was in Wexford last week and Sweeney Tunes was talked up. I went with 3 bets so Sweeney Tunes cover them all.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!