Ger Canning why?

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Ger Canning why?

Post by tomthefan »

Having destroyed several world cup games this summer and every GAA game he commentates on, Ger Canning has now washed up in the Lee valley stadium in London to ruin everyone's souvenir video of the biggest game in Irish Hockey history
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Re: Ger Canning why?

Post by Logorrhea »

Are we all hockey fans now?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Is that the really annoying bloke who calls Dublin Dahblin?
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Ger was I suspect commentating from the Cork studio off a live feed. Shure wouldn't he be needed in Thurles or Salthill this weekend. Couldn't be sending him off to Sasanach to cover such nonsense at the height of season.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Logorrhea wrote:Are we all hockey fans now?
Shut up, you stupid boy

johng wrote:Is that the really annoying bloke who calls Dublin Dahblin?
Yes.
John23 wrote:Ger was I suspect commentating from the Cork studio off a live feed. Shure wouldn't he be needed in Thurles or Salthill this weekend. Couldn't be sending him off to Sasanach to cover such nonsense at the height of season.
No he was there all right, pity he couldn't stay there.
He's one of those people who just cannot shut up, to the extent you wonder is there something wrong with the man.
Last night the camera picked up Irish coach for a moment, Ger told us he was wearing sunglasses on account of the weather.
Later it picked him out again as he was writing in a notepad, Ger told us that there were lots of notes to be written
I remember watching a hurling match when Ger told us so and so uses the wide stance technique when taking a free and also uses the roll the ball onto the stick technique for
lifting the ball. If the camera picks out a supporter wearing colours he tells us which team they follow. If he's nothing else to say he'll give us his canned biography of the player, this is his 57th appearance or tell us once more the score and how many minutes are left and ask rhetorically "who's going to win it, this game each side desperately want to win?"
He drives me fcukin mental.
No reason was specified.

Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

tomthefan wrote:
Shut up, you stupid boy
Sorry, I just needed guidance before directing my outrage.

Yay Hockey and damn that Ger Canning guy. Damn him to hell and back. Damn damn damn. I'm soooo angry right now.
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Logorrhea wrote:
tomthefan wrote:
Shut up, you stupid boy
Sorry, I just needed guidance before directing my outrage.

Yay Hockey and damn that Ger Canning guy. Damn him to hell and back. Damn damn damn. I'm soooo angry right now.
Yes, yes that's it! It's like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb4a_CLHtBs
No reason was specified.

Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

tomthefan wrote:
Shut up, you stupid boy

johng wrote:Is that the really annoying bloke who calls Dublin Dahblin?
Yes.
John23 wrote:Ger was I suspect commentating from the Cork studio off a live feed. Shure wouldn't he be needed in Thurles or Salthill this weekend. Couldn't be sending him off to Sasanach to cover such nonsense at the height of season.
No he was there all right, pity he couldn't stay there.
He's one of those people who just cannot shut up, to the extent you wonder is there something wrong with the man.
Last night the camera picked up Irish coach for a moment, Ger told us he was wearing sunglasses on account of the weather.
Later it picked him out again as he was writing in a notepad, Ger told us that there were lots of notes to be written
I remember watching a hurling match when Ger told us so and so uses the wide stance technique when taking a free and also uses the roll the ball onto the stick technique for
lifting the ball. If the camera picks out a supporter wearing colours he tells us which team they follow. If he's nothing else to say he'll give us his canned biography of the player, this is his 57th appearance or tell us once more the score and how many minutes are left and ask rhetorically "who's going to win it, this game each side desperately want to win?"
He drives me fcukin mental.
A lad I know was playing for Dublin Colleges (hurling) a good few years ago when they won the All Ireland. Before the final the players were asked to fill in a sheet about themselves, including random fact/interesting tidbit about themselves, to give Ger things to say during the game. He wrote that he had captained the Ireland International Rules team on a trip to Oz (which was untrue) and sure enough, Ger mentioned it during the game :lol:
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

Laighin Break wrote:A lad I know was playing for Dublin Colleges (hurling) a good few years ago when they won the All Ireland. Before the final the players were asked to fill in a sheet about themselves, including random fact/interesting tidbit about themselves, to give Ger things to say during the game. He wrote that he had captained the Ireland International Rules team on a trip to Oz (which was untrue) and sure enough, Ger mentioned it during the game :lol:
:D Fair dues to him, wonder how far he could have taken it before Ger would have copped on?

Last Sunday I had the radio ready and was going to put the tv on mute but once I realised it was Marty Morrissey I was delighted.
I'll never say a bad word about Marty while Ger's around.
No reason was specified.