The Demise of Leeds United

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Re: The Demise of Leeds United

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

sh!t happens.... It's not exactly a matter of life & death...
T - 45
chainsaw
Beginner

Post by chainsaw »

Maybe time to resurrect this thread with a large sigh of relief and an equally large Jameson! :D :D
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Indeed. One step back alright. Losing beckford for nowt's a pity though
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
chainsaw
Beginner

Post by chainsaw »

Yes a real shame to lose Beckford but it was always on the cards...hope he does well at Everton. Just so relieved to be out of the third division it really is a soul-sucking mire to get trapped in, and not having to endure the play-offs was glorious. I could have lived with out the nail-biting last day stuff but I suppose it makes it all the sweeter.

And beating MU.....oh what a day! :green clap: :green clap: :D :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Beckford was a lazy so and so, and missed as many as he scored. Everton are welcome to him, I don't think he's premiership class.

This is from a lifelong leeds fan who presented JB with a player of the month award at ER last season
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Degz wrote:Beckford was a lazy so and so, and missed as many as he scored. Everton are welcome to him, I don't think he's premiership class.

This is from a lifelong leeds fan who presented JB with a player of the month award at ER last season
Yeah well, he is my prempiership top scorer in FIFA 10, so I'll here none of it! :wink:
Truth be told, I would be more disappointed about the loss in potential value.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Peg Leg wrote:
Degz wrote:Beckford was a lazy so and so, and missed as many as he scored. Everton are welcome to him, I don't think he's premiership class.

Yeah well, he is my prempiership top scorer in FIFA 10, so I'll here none of it! :wink:
Yep, was a pity. To be fair, it was Delph I was upset at losing, he was going to be some player. He's stuck down the pecking order at Villa now though, and will probably stagnate before being shipped out on loan somewhere.

We had the chance to offload Beckford during the season but decided it was worth more to us if he shot us to promotion. C'est la vie and all that
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Degz wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:

Yep, was a pity. To be fair, it was Delph I was upset at losing, he was going to be some player. He's stuck down the pecking order at Villa now though, and will probably stagnate before being shipped out on loan somewhere.

We had the chance to offload Beckford during the season but decided it was worth more to us if he shot us to promotion. C'est la vie and all that
Chicken.... Egg.....
Promotion..... Cash.....
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan