RTE to show west ham v spurs

for discussion of other sports

Moderator: moderators

glic
Knowledgeable

RTE to show west ham v spurs

Post by glic »

RTE are showing the west ham v spurs game on Sunday Linky. If spurs win it could be champions league football next season provided barca do the decent thing and beat arsenal in the CL final.
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Lasagne anyone? :twisted:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

That food certainly wasn't kosher...
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Rumours that Sol Campbell was the meat in the lasagne are no more than that at this stage in the enquiry...
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap:
glic
Knowledgeable

Post by glic »

All of you are evil.
Poor Spurs up all night sh*ting and then playing sh*t the next day. If you can't beat West Ham I suppose you've no business being in the CL.
Come on Barca.......
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Spurs ask to replay West Ham game

Carrick was one of the Tottenham players struck by illness
Tottenham have written to the Premier League to ask if they can replay Sunday's game against West Ham.
Ten Tottenham players were hit by food poisoning before the 2-1 defeat, which ended Spurs' hopes of playing in next year's Champions League.

"Our match at West Ham was effectively a cup final," said Spurs chairman Daniel Levy in an open letter to Premier League chairman Dave Richards.

"Our chances were significantly reduced by the exceptional circumstances."

Levy added that Tottenham's cause was supported by other clubs and he was expecting to be granted a replay.

He added: "We now have confirmation from a majority of Premier League clubs that they would support a replay and in similar circumstances would expect the game to have been postponed.

"We therefore formally request that you order that the game be replayed."

Our governing body put us in an impossible situation and gave a significant advantage to Arsenal

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Premier League board will convene and discuss the contents of Tottenham's letter

A Premier League spokesman

Tottenham needed to match Arsenal's result against Wigan to finish above their rivals and secure fourth spot in the league as well as an opportunity to qualify for the Champions League.

But defeat combined with Arsenal's 4-2 win over Wigan left Spurs in fifth and a place in the Uefa Cup instead.

The Premier League told Spurs they could delay the match until later in the day to give their players time to recover from illness, but the police said they would not sanction a kick-off time after 1700 BST - only two hours after the game was due to begin.

Spurs could have gone ahead and postponed the game until another day, but they would have risked Premier League sanctions, including a points penalty.

BBC Sport understands that because Spurs opted to play the game instead of postponing it and then arguing their case at a hearing, they will not be granted a replay.

The Premier League has said it will discuss the contents of Levy's letter at a meeting on Wednesday.

But a spokesman said: "Tottenham fulfilled their fixture and as far as the Premier League is concerned the result stands."

The game should have been postponed when Spurs asked on Sunday

From PE
Have your say on 606

But Levy believes the Premier League was "inconsistent in its approach".

"In being given no viable option to postpone the match other than a two-hour delay to kick-off, our players were denied the possible opportunity of competing in the Champions League," he said.

"Also, our fans have been left with a sense of suspicion and injustice at the way subsequent events unfolded.

"We played the game with players who were unwell but who were desperate not to let their fans and colleagues down.

"Clearly, our governing body put us in an impossible situation and gave a significant advantage to Arsenal in competing for that fourth position.

"The Premier League was inconsistent in its approach in being prepared to consider the kick-off to be delayed but not allowing the match to be played on a different day."

Probe into Spurs illness outbreak

Food samples from the Marriott Hotel in east London where Spurs stayed before the West Ham game are being tested by health authorities.

An official criminal investigation has not been launched.
groundhog
Knowledgeable

Post by groundhog »

straws......clutching.......chance....no
The French pulled up the Scots' kilts and discovered they had no balls - Zinzan Brooke
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

glic wrote:All of you are evil.
Poor Spurs up all night sh*ting and then playing sh*t the next day. If you can't beat West Ham I suppose you've no business being in the CL.
Come on Barca.......
That will be arsenal out as well so.
Up the hammers :lol:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
glic wrote:All of you are evil.
Come on Barca.......
That will be arsenal out as well so.
Up the hammers :lol:
You're not a Hammer are you Grumpy? Blades man myself, but when I was living in London spent many an happy Saturday in Upton Park!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Lived in London in the mid - 80s, was at Upton Park for most games Sept 85 - May 87. Cotte & McAvennie up front were the Leinster backline of their day :lol:
I don't think I've ever met another Sheffield United fan. You must be happy with the season just gone.
A proud Winsome Fluter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Lived in London in the mid - 80s, was at Upton Park for most games Sept 85 - May 87. Cotte & McAvennie up front were the Leinster backline of their day :lol:
I don't think I've ever met another Sheffield United fan. You must be happy with the season just gone.
I was there in the early 90's - probably went to about 10 games a season at the Hammers. Would have gone to 5 or 6 Blades games too. Was there that night that the Hammers stole the title from Manure. That was good craic....

There are a few Blades fans about. Creative at my advertising agency is a Blade - he nearly fell off his chair when I showed up at a soccer workshop in my Blades shirt...... :lol: Delighted at the season, can't wait to see Warnock and Morinho in the premiership!!!
glic
Knowledgeable

Post by glic »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Lived in London in the mid - 80s, was at Upton Park for most games Sept 85 - May 87. Cotte & McAvennie up front were the Leinster backline of their day :lol:
A brave grumpy old man :wink:
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

glic wrote:
Yeah, the Chelsea games were particularly "interesting" :shock:
A proud Winsome Fluter
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
glic wrote:
Yeah, the Chelsea games were particularly "interesting" :shock:
Remember going to the Bridge to watch the Blades a few times on away days......not very nice.....

I also remember going to watch them play Colchester in the 4th division (as was).......deep dark days......