Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 th

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 th

Postby footrush » October 27th, 2019, 8:53 am

Me Terrace C !.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby Hornet » October 30th, 2019, 2:51 pm

Flights and Ticket booked.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Mullet
 
Posts: 1993
Joined: January 21st, 2007, 8:48 pm
Location: 32,000 feet over Liverpool

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby Dundalk 1 » November 10th, 2019, 10:41 pm

Unfortunately I can’t now travel to Northampton
I have two rooms booked in the Premier Inn for the Friday and Saturday nights
Total cost 88/pounds for the accommodation
If anyone is interested PM me and I can give you the rooms - there are two separate one room bookings
It can be cancelled FOC until early December
Dundalk 1
Bookworm
 
Posts: 131
Joined: January 28th, 2014, 12:16 am

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby OTT » December 2nd, 2019, 10:12 am

+4 can't flippin wait.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
OTT
Mullet
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: February 2nd, 2012, 5:19 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby bails » December 3rd, 2019, 4:41 pm

Will there be an Away Guide for Northampton ?

Are we still going to the Wig and Pen, which from memory is a good pub with music and food and rugby on TV's

Roll on the weekend !
User avatar
bails
Graduate
 
Posts: 551
Joined: December 22nd, 2010, 7:45 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby FLIP » December 3rd, 2019, 5:22 pm

bails wrote:Will there be an Away Guide for Northampton ?

Are we still going to the Wig and Pen, which from memory is a good pub with music and food and rugby on TV's

Roll on the weekend !


Wig & Pen is still quality.

Other places in Northampton centre if you're looking for proper beer:

Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby FLIP » December 3rd, 2019, 6:33 pm

Also before the game from 11am The Sevens pub near the stadium is doing a collab with The Smoke Pit, a smokehouse restaurant which is usually good eats so may be worth a walk over even if St James WMC has better beer
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby OTT » December 4th, 2019, 3:32 pm

FLIP wrote:Also before the game from 11am The Sevens pub near the stadium is doing a collab with The Smoke Pit, a smokehouse restaurant which is usually good eats so may be worth a walk over even if St James WMC has better beer



The Swan and Helmet is down as the supporters base for weekend, it seems to be a bit out of the way from everything else in town. Any thoughts on it?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
OTT
Mullet
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: February 2nd, 2012, 5:19 pm
Location: Blackrock

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby FLIP » December 4th, 2019, 3:36 pm

OTT wrote:
FLIP wrote:Also before the game from 11am The Sevens pub near the stadium is doing a collab with The Smoke Pit, a smokehouse restaurant which is usually good eats so may be worth a walk over even if St James WMC has better beer



The Swan and Helmet is down as the supporters base for weekend, it seems to be a bit out of the way from everything else in town. Any thoughts on it?


Not got any, didn't even know it existed, although it has positive reviews in recent times. It's not exactly central. The Olde England pub around the corner from there is another very good real ale pub.

On the way into town from there the Lamplighter is another good pub.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby footrush » December 4th, 2019, 9:30 pm

bails wrote:Will there be an Away Guide for Northampton ?

Are we still going to the Wig and Pen, which from memory is a good pub with music and food and rugby on TV's

Roll on the weekend !

Wig and pen has been fine the last few times I was there !.
Flying wedge
User avatar
footrush
Isa Nacewa
 
Posts: 2162
Joined: February 5th, 2009, 8:50 pm
Location: Marble City

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby FLIP » December 5th, 2019, 4:23 pm

FLIP wrote:
OTT wrote:
FLIP wrote:Also before the game from 11am The Sevens pub near the stadium is doing a collab with The Smoke Pit, a smokehouse restaurant which is usually good eats so may be worth a walk over even if St James WMC has better beer



The Swan and Helmet is down as the supporters base for weekend, it seems to be a bit out of the way from everything else in town. Any thoughts on it?


Not got any, didn't even know it existed, although it has positive reviews in recent times. It's not exactly central. The Olde England pub around the corner from there is another very good real ale pub.

On the way into town from there the Lamplighter is another good pub.


With the away guide announced both the Swan and Helmet and the Wig and Pen are down as supporters pubs. But there's plenty of good places around.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Mullet
 
Posts: 1755
Joined: May 22nd, 2009, 1:00 am

Re: Roll call Northampton Saints , Franklins Gardens Dec 7 t

Postby Lar » December 6th, 2019, 6:35 pm

Printer at home bust. Does anyone with previous knowledge know if I can get in to Franklin's Gardens with the match tickets on my smartphone?
Four Stars
User avatar
Lar
Mullet
 
Posts: 1672
Joined: May 18th, 2011, 6:18 pm
Location: Dublin


Return to On The Road

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest