Aironi Rugby

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

rooster
Seán Cronin

Re: Aironi Rugby

Post by rooster »

footrush wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Not sure yet, if we do will go for Tribuna Laterale Destra.
Any particular reason ?.
Destra is the right hand side of stadium beside the clubhouse and bar, It was more expensive when we were there for HEC match as it has the plastic bum seats on concrete stand while the sinistra on opposite side has just concrete I think so ass gets cold.
The Est and Montepaschi are both behind the posts.
Buy tickets on the day as there will be plenty of room, most Aironi supporters were on the sinistra side when we were there, all good lads and ready for some beer drinking.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Match tickets are €20 each.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

sheepshagger wrote:Match tickets are €20 each.
Same price for Magners matches but the plastic seats are on the Destra side, would post photos if I could see how to here :?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

rooster wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Match tickets are €20 each.
Same price for Magners matches but the plastic seats are on the Destra side, would post photos if I could see how to here :?
Yep, thats for the Destra seats.
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

Are there any other supporters travelling via Milan Linate? was hoping if we could ask the OLSC to organise a coach (Parma tourist board) to Parma and back?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

roarlad wrote:Are there any other supporters travelling via Milan Linate? was hoping if we could ask the OLSC to organise a coach (Parma tourist board) to Parma and back?
They are taking expressions of interest for a bus between the ground (Viadana) and Parma. The trains between Milan-Parma seem frequent and are about €9 pp each way (journey time about 90 mins), presume minimum numbers would be needed to make it financially viable.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

sheepshagger wrote:
roarlad wrote:Are there any other supporters travelling via Milan Linate? was hoping if we could ask the OLSC to organise a coach (Parma tourist board) to Parma and back?
They are taking expressions of interest for a bus between the ground (Viadana) and Parma. The trains between Milan-Parma seem frequent and are about €9 pp each way (journey time about 90 mins), presume minimum numbers would be needed to make it financially viable.
You have to get the bus from Linate into Milan for the train, check the return as from memory it is a pretty sharp start to get back out and also because it is commuter time the train is more expensive on return.
Shagger to be honest bus is the only realistic method from Parma to Viadana, taxi is far too expensive hope you get all sorted, it was all a bit laid back when URSC booked them but it actually worked out well and they helped out by putting on an extra minibus for us at the last minute for the normal stragglers that just turn up.
A minibus from airport would even be viable as an alternative for smaller numbers, they really do all they can to help and encourage visitors to the area, our own tourist boards could do worse than spend a week with the Italians in lessons in customer service.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Viadana - Parma does look to be the hard bit alright. .. . .
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

As far as I can see the no21/2871 bus looks fairly regular ?. : http://www.tep.pr.it/news/variazione_de ... linea.aspx
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cac ... 0bdc-33p2A . Two of us staying in the Hotel du Parc Parma, would be really interested in sharing a supporters bus ?. Jarrod in the supporters club is exploring bus options at the moment 22/03/11.
Flying wedge
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Anyone able to buy tickets online for this yet? Have tried a few times over the last couple of weeks and can't. The tickets for the match against Connacht over there are up for sale, but not the Leinster ones.

Also, anyone know what the deal is with the pubs on the Good Friday????
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

molloyjh wrote:Anyone able to buy tickets online for this yet? Have tried a few times over the last couple of weeks and can't. The tickets for the match against Connacht over there are up for sale, but not the Leinster ones.

Also, anyone know what the deal is with the pubs on the Good Friday????
No idea about the pubs but I would not bother with the tickets just get them over there.
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

rooster wrote:No idea about the pubs but I would not bother with the tickets just get them over there.
There's a gang of us so figured better safe...got them in the end. Not the easiest of websites, even accounting for the language barrier!

Thanks for the link JRC.
dmspecs

Post by dmspecs »

Bought tickets online but have yet to receive them.
Anyone travelling via Milan Linate i.e. not on JWT charter?
OLSC unable to organise coach from Parma-Viadana-Parma due to lack of response
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

Dear Leinster Supporter,

Thank you for your interest in a bus transfer between Parma and Viadana for the Aironi away fixture over Easter weekend.

As advised last week we do not have sufficient numbers to hire a coach however the local tourist office is hoping to arrange an alternative (we have been advised that depending on numbers it may cost in the region of €30-40 pp return but this will be confirmed to you by the organisers).

If you wish to proceed could you please email Valeria at the address below as soon as possible with your name and how many seats you are interested in.

ufficioturismo@Comune.Brescello.Re.It

We hope to have a limited number of flags over in Viadana for the game, but please bring what you can.

Kind regards,

The OLSC Team
how are people getting from Parma to Viadana? has anyone booked seats on this bus?
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Am on the JWT charter personally , but if you are traveling independently possibly consider a rental car (sharing), you could use it for the airport journey as well as Parma to Viadana (you'd just need a non drinker till you got back to Parma after the game).

Have used www.arguscarhire.com for a few away trips recently, normally very cheap.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

roarlad wrote:
Dear Leinster Supporter,

Thank you for your interest in a bus transfer between Parma and Viadana for the Aironi away fixture over Easter weekend.

As advised last week we do not have sufficient numbers to hire a coach however the local tourist office is hoping to arrange an alternative (we have been advised that depending on numbers it may cost in the region of €30-40 pp return but this will be confirmed to you by the organisers).

If you wish to proceed could you please email Valeria at the address below as soon as possible with your name and how many seats you are interested in.

ufficioturismo@Comune.Brescello.Re.It

We hope to have a limited number of flags over in Viadana for the game, but please bring what you can.

Kind regards,

The OLSC Team
how are people getting from Parma to Viadana? has anyone booked seats on this bus?
Was in touch with Valeria she needs to get e-mails from people to see if there is enough interest , if no one contacts her she is not going to organise a bus .
Flying wedge
dmspecs

Post by dmspecs »

have emailed Valeria - our party is three; how many more out there not on charter that need to get to Viadana and back?
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Just got this message back from the tourism office :
Hi Footrush,
I can organise a bus transfer fron Parma to Viadana there and back. As there are other rugby supporters from Leinster, I can organise only one little bus, in this way the price for the transport is lower. Is it ok for you?

There are other 4 supporters. So the cost from Parma to Viadana there and back for 6 people is 180€.

Kind regards
Valeria

Pretty good deal as far as I can see .
Flying wedge
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

footrush wrote:Just got this message back from the tourism office :
Hi Footrush,
I can organise a bus transfer fron Parma to Viadana there and back. As there are other rugby supporters from Leinster, I can organise only one little bus, in this way the price for the transport is lower. Is it ok for you?

There are other 4 supporters. So the cost from Parma to Viadana there and back for 6 people is 180€.

Kind regards
Valeria

Pretty good deal as far as I can see .
Sounds good - saves the hassle with public transport (which sounds a bit unreliable).