ever swapped a jersey/top and regretted it?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

ever swapped a jersey/top and regretted it?

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

is it bad to regret giving someone your leinster top?

in my case it was a leinster hoodie which I loved and had some sentimental stains I didn't want to wash off. I got a welwyn rfc club players poncho in return...which was nice of the guy but I feel a little short changed.

I know it's a little ungrateful to say that...but that's the way I feel.
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: ever swapped a jersey/top and regretted it?

Post by deco »

My favourite Bank of Scotland top (yep, the nicest Leinster jersey ever) got swapped after the 1/4 final last year. Now I have a (Clermont) jersey that looks like a Hi-Viz jacket.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

ouch!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Nope, have never done it.....knew I'd regret in the future.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

When I used to play (so many years ago!) we were on tour in Belgium. We all swopped socks. I wasn't keen, but was told if I did I'd get a new pair that I didn't have to pay for, so thought 'OK'. So, I gave up my Quins socks (which fit me) for a pair of rubbish socks - one was sky blue and the other red. Not even a proper pair. In return, my new Quins socks were (and still are - I wear them to games when I remember) too big for me :( Most people ended up with cool socks, I got a crappy pair. Some random Belgian bird is still walking around with my socks to this day. :evil:
Skinfull
Mullet

Post by Skinfull »

I couldn't bare to swap a Leinster jersey!! Sheesh!! I regret swapping my leinster flag for a Sarries one last week.

Mind you I did swap a crappy dunnes ireland top for a lovely nike frenchie top during the 6N back in 99. Was happy with that trade! :D
"Khaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan!" - Kirk
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

A chap in Toulouse last year was looking for my Jersey - 2007 vintage - to swap with his Toulouse t-shirt. I nearly did it but was helped realised I'd regret it, even in my beer haze, and said no but i'd give him my Leinster T-shirt instead. No deal could be agreed.
Thanks to the lady at the bar beside me who told me it was "a bad deal" on my part!
Dont Panic!
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

I swapped one of many, many scarves for a very nice Metro Scarf last month.

Zero Regrets.

I have two of the 07/08 collar jerseys, waiting for the right one to come along.

It really depends on how many you have. I would never swap my 1st jersey, and a personalised gift jersey. the rest are expendable
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

mtleinster wrote:I swapped one of many, many scarves for a very nice Metro Scarf last month.

Zero Regrets.

I have two of the 07/08 collar jerseys, waiting for the right one to come along.

It really depends on how many you have. I would never swap my 1st jersey, and a personalised gift jersey. the rest are expendable
fair point. I maybe alone, but, I don't like the recent leinster jerseys...much prefer the older type..plain blue with crest and white collar...that said,i really liked the hoodie I swapped after the sarries game. they're really comfortable, warm and look good.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Never swap jersies. Seems a good idea when you're drunk but then you go to the next home game and you'll hardly going to wear an opposition jersey are you?

I swapped a baseball cap with an Agen fan once. Good quality cap in fairness that I wore for ages afterwards.

If you're going to France for a match, it's a good idea to bring an old scarf or hat that you won't miss if swapped.
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

I gave everything but the shirt on my back away to the kids in toulouse.

At the Clemont game in the RDS - a Clermont fan ( and some of the nicest fans one could ever hope to meet) asked to swap jerseys - a could only say je regret - what in gods name would I do with a clermont shirt!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Donny B. wrote:Never swap jersies. Seems a good idea when you're drunk but then you go to the next home game and you'll hardly going to wear an opposition jersey are you?

I swapped a baseball cap with an Agen fan once. Good quality cap in fairness that I wore for ages afterwards.

If you're going to France for a match, it's a good idea to bring an old scarf or hat that you won't miss if swapped.
+ 1 on all of that, especially the first bit!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

sheepshagger wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Never swap jersies. Seems a good idea when you're drunk but then you go to the next home game and you'll hardly going to wear an opposition jersey are you?

+ 1 on all of that, especially the first bit!
God bless the season ticket holders pack that provides you with a scarf to trade with every year. However, with the Clermont game coming up, I am worried that my precious Tipp/Clare/Wicklow/Longford/Roscommon cape may prove difficult to hang onto!
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Cheers
Beginner

Post by Cheers »

Toulouse '06, I swapped a tricolour for a Toulouse flag, only copped the next day that the flag was ripped to bits. However, I was on tour to Madrid this year with the club and swapped a club polo shirt I'd gotten for free for one of the host club's canterbury jerseys that they were selling behind the bar for €50, still smiling over that one
daveleacy

Post by daveleacy »

I swapped my Bank of Scotland Jersey for an Australian Jersey with a bloke we met in a Kebab shop in Edinburgh after the pool game in October 2008. I really regretted it as I would love to have worn it to the final in 2009 instead of the new static electrically charged Bank of Ireland offering.
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

Did u track this tread down to tell us that?!
Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.
carklone
Beginner

Post by carklone »

ACC Bank/Esat away jersey for an ACT Brumbies academy shirt in 2002. Have regretted it ever since
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Never ever do this...may seem good with pints on board but in the cold light of day you end up with another teams jersey that you will wear fock all.
Amz
Mullet

Post by Amz »

A girl from Toulouse wanted to swap jerseys on Saturday, I had to politely decline. Although we probably could have charged for the event as the amount of auld lads who stopped to have a gawk on the main thoroughfare when were discussing a potential swap was highly amusing.
Blues-Ultra
Bookworm

Post by Blues-Ultra »

I foolishly gave away the bank of Scotland jersey to a Clermont fan this year in Clermont. Was pretty messy drunk at the time.
She was damn pretty though, shame she then handed it to her bf!!!