Dragons vs Leinster daytrip - Sunday 27/3

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

bails
Graduate

Re: Dragons vs Leinster daytrip - Sunday 27/3

Post by bails »

Great trip all round although no food all day maybe took it's toll. Thanks to all who had to put up with me. It was great to see a good Leinster crowd on the Hazell Terrace.

As an aside, a trip on the walk back to Newport Station ended up with a visit to the VHI clinic this morning and a fractured left ankle. The few pints must bar numbed the pain yesterday !
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

bails wrote:Great trip all round although no food all day maybe took it's toll. Thanks to all who had to put up with me. It was great to see a good Leinster crowd on the Hazell Terrace.

As an aside, a trip on the walk back to Newport Station ended up with a visit to the VHI clinic this morning and a fractured left ankle. The few pints must bar numbed the pain yesterday !
I was going to pm you to see how the ankle was....Jaysus! They bred them tough in Wesley ,huh! Hope you're on the mend soon.......is that you out for Turnipstan on Saturday?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

bails wrote:Great trip all round although no food all day maybe took it's toll. Thanks to all who had to put up with me. It was great to see a good Leinster crowd on the Hazell Terrace.

Indeed......I'll be liasing with Hickiefan the next time as she seems to have the inside track on where the best vittles are!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

He knocked it on, he knocked it on....
Summer is ready when you are

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Eve wrote:He knocked it on, he knocked it on....
We stole your song, we stole your song........
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Cianostays wrote:
Sitting here grinning madly at the memory of it all............ :D Great fun....
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Wow!! :o :o

Don't know how you kept going. Next time we'll definitely get food as I was feeling the effects all day myself.
underpantsdance
Bookworm

Post by underpantsdance »

Had a great day, whole thing was really good. I had two first time away trippers with me and I think it's safe to say they'll be up for another trip again.... but won't be using Donny B as a guide to stadium (admittedly from about 200 yards away)..... cue trying to cross a motorway on foot. What do you mean there was an underpass?
icebaby
Rhys Ruddock

Post by icebaby »

good Trip, it's like what Sundays were made for and as for the faggots in the clubhouse
"Look what Leinster have done again"
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

icebaby wrote:good Trip, it's like what Sundays were made for and as for the faggots in the clubhouse
The what? :?

I don't remember them.....
underpantsdance
Bookworm

nelly the elephant wrote:
icebaby wrote:good Trip, it's like what Sundays were made for and as for the faggots in the clubhouse

Cheap too... couple of quid and they were yours for as long as you wanted :wink:
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

underpantsdance wrote:

Cheap too... couple of quid and they were yours for as long as you wanted :wink:
A Welsh delicacy on the menu???? That Chicken curry would have been perfect.............sigh.
underpantsdance
Bookworm

A Welsh delicacy on the menu???? That Chicken curry would have been perfect.............sigh.
I can assure you that you missed out on the chicken curry, it was super tasty.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Cianostays wrote:
Had this stuck in my head all day yesterday
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Any food would have been delightful on Sunday- nice and all as the pints were a big man like me needs some grub.

Unfortunately the trip to Turnipstan next Saturday is on hold for me, as I an still trying to explain how a day trip tur
Bed into a few weeks in a cast on crutches.
Might more realistically aim for the Aviva on the 9th as a comeback

Ps did anyone else meet Will Harries mum at Bristol airport or was that a pain induced dream
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

underpantsdance wrote:Had a great day, whole thing was really good. I had two first time away trippers with me and I think it's safe to say they'll be up for another trip again.... but won't be using Donny B as a guide to stadium (admittedly from about 200 yards away)..... cue trying to cross a motorway on foot. What do you mean there was an underpass?
:lol:

We actually thought you were smarter than us and had gone the right way. At least none of your group broke anything!
underpantsdance
Bookworm

Donny B. wrote:
underpantsdance wrote:Had a great day, whole thing was really good. I had two first time away trippers with me and I think it's safe to say they'll be up for another trip again.... but won't be using Donny B as a guide to stadium (admittedly from about 200 yards away)..... cue trying to cross a motorway on foot. What do you mean there was an underpass?

We actually thought you were smarter than us and had gone the right way. At least none of your group broke anything!
They tried their best.... we had a someone try to headbutt the ground just outside the train station, luckily nothing more serious than bumps and bruises.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

underpantsdance wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

They tried their best.... we had a someone try to headbutt the ground just outside the train station, luckily nothing more serious than bumps and bruises.
Oh Jaysus, we must have made some sight on the way back to the station. Think we'll order taxis the next time!
underpantsdance
Bookworm

I forgot to ask after the game. Does anyone know who the mystery or extremely cold person was sitting with the team (wearing a fleece, cowl pulled up to eyes and a hat)
aisling7
Rhys Ruddock

Post by aisling7 »

underpantsdance wrote:I forgot to ask after the game. Does anyone know who the mystery or extremely cold person was sitting with the team (wearing a fleece, cowl pulled up to eyes and a hat)

The lovely Ronan O'Donnell.