Edinburgh Accommodation

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Duke Raoul wrote: So who is in charge in Embra when you're not around?
Hate to think that I was ever in charge. Like to think of it more as organised chaos but thankfully there are plenty of people willing to give a dig out. :lol:
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Eve wrote:
You could always bring her to Agen with you! :wink:

...but I so enjoy the look of fear on your face!! :D

Look at it this way, for every trip I bring her on, that's one less for me. And then I have to buy her a sh!t load of curly wurlys to keep her happy while I'm at the game or worse still she would come to the game and tell me not to drink so much, and stop shouting, you'll hurt your throat, which one is Rob Kearney again...... and it'll all be your fault!
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

apple sourz wrote:
Eve wrote:
You could always bring her to Agen with you! :wink:

...but I so enjoy the look of fear on your face!! :D

Look at it this way, for every trip I bring her on, that's one less for me. And then I have to buy her a sh!t load of curly wurlys to keep her happy while I'm at the game or worse still she would come to the game and tell me not to drink so much, and stop shouting, you'll hurt your throat, which one is Rob Kearney again...... and it'll all be your fault!
:D
Summer is ready when you are

sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Ibis for me, looks like we be taking over this here hotel! :shock:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

sexy_rexy wrote:Ibis for me, looks like we be taking over this here hotel! :shock:
Sounds like the IBIS Toulouse City Centre all over again :lol:

Managed to reserve a twin room (as opposed to a double room) before they all ran out 8)
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sheepshagger wrote:
sexy_rexy wrote:Ibis for me, looks like we be taking over this here hotel! :shock:
Sounds like the IBIS Toulouse City Centre all over again :lol:

Managed to reserve a twin room (as opposed to a double room) before they all ran out 8)
They rang me at home yesterday.

Just rang them back there now and reserved the twin room so happy days.

Give them a ring on 0044 131 2407000 if you want to make sure.
rex banner
Mullet

Post by rex banner »

Just booked the Ibis as well.
Sheepshagger will be picking up some hell of a commission :D
`````````\|||/
`````````(o o)
,--ooO-----(_)-------------l
| ```````PAINT ```````l
| ````````THE````````l
| `````` `RDS````````l
| ```````BLUE````````l
'--------------Ooo---------l
````````|__|__|
`````````||``||
````````ooO Ooo
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

rex banner wrote:Just booked the Ibis as well.
IBIS Hotels - official European Hotel room supplier to Leinster Fans :wink:
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

sheepshagger wrote:

Affluence :(
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

sexy_rexy wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

If you want AFFluence try http://www.accorhotels.com - it covers a wide range of hotels globally (inc IBIS) and when you do a search its results are listed by level of AFFluence :wink:
Last edited by sheepshagger on July 21st, 2006, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

sheepshagger wrote:
sexy_rexy wrote:
sheepshagger wrote: IBIS Hotels - official European Hotel room supplier to Leinster Fans :wink:

If you want AFFluence try http://www.accorhotel.com - it covers a wide range of hotels globally and when you do a search its results are listed by level of AFFluence :wink:
Accor being the umbrella under which the IBIS proudly sits!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Duke Raoul wrote:
Good evening chaps.

The Meinster has booked our party (6 this time) in to the Embra Ibis and the Agen Ibis so I'll certainly be taking you up on that pint SS. Very kind of you. Mine's a Guinness.

Donny where are you staying in Agen?
Morning Duke

Looks like we're both in the IBIS in Agen and Edinburgh.

There should be a fair gang of us going as well.

I haven't booked anything in Gloucester yet. Sheepshagger and Applesourz have booked the holiday Inn. Seems nice and the price is reasonable at £55 a night for the room. The only thing is it's two miles out of town, which would put me off. So I think I'll go for the one of the B&Bs near the ground (See Jim the Glaws fan's list)
Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Just booked the IBIS in Embra :D
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Continuing my attempts to take the irony out of the Afflluent moniker, I have booked into the Apex in Edinburgh (http://www.apexhotels.co.uk/edinburgh_h ... index.html). It has the advantage of being on Grassmarket and the even bigger advantage of not being an Ibis. And by booking thru hotels.com, I even managed to get a room at the rather reasonable (Donny and Shagger look away now) rate of €175 a night. For that I even get a complimentary newspaper and besides, the money I save drinking in your residents' bar will more than make up for the extra cost of my accommodation. :wink:

LeinsterBabe, I've stayed in the Bonham before - lovely place and they do a fantastic cheese plate which they happily serve you in the middle of the night with some rather delicious wine. The only problem with it is that it is not very central.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Tara wrote:Continuing my attempts to take the irony out of the Afflluent moniker, I have booked into the Apex in Edinburgh (http://www.apexhotels.co.uk/edinburgh_h ... index.html). It has the advantage of being on Grassmarket and the even bigger advantage of not being an Ibis. And by booking thru hotels.com, I even managed to get a room at the rather reasonable (Donny and Shagger look away now) rate of €175 a night. For that I even get a complimentary newspaper and besides, the money I save drinking in your residents' bar will more than make up for the extra cost of my accommodation. :wink:
AFFFFFFFFFFFFluence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A complimentary newspaper you say?
Well that's great value, then. :? :?

And I'll have you know that Sheepshagger is in floods of tears after you slagged off his beloved Ibis.
You know that promoting Ibis hotels is his life's work!
There, there, sheepshagger, she's not worth it.

Shame on you, Miss Tara, shame!!!
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Tara wrote:Continuing my attempts to take the irony out of the Afflluent moniker, I have booked into the Apex in Edinburgh (http://www.apexhotels.co.uk/edinburgh_h ... index.html). It has the advantage of being on Grassmarket and the even bigger advantage of not being an Ibis. And by booking thru hotels.com, I even managed to get a room at the rather reasonable (Donny and Shagger look away now) rate of €175 a night. For that I even get a complimentary newspaper and besides, the money I save drinking in your residents' bar will more than make up for the extra cost of my accommodation. :wink:

And I'll have you know that Sheepshagger is in floods of tears after you slagged off his beloved Ibis.

Look, they can guarantee me a twin bed, can Ibis do that?!?

Shagger, do Ibis have an upmarket sister chain?
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

On the Ibis Website, shame we're missing this deal, maybe it'll be on agan when we go.
Hotels shown with this graphic offer one complimentary alcohol-free cocktail, per person and per stay booked on Accorhotels.com or Ibishotel.com and consumed between 7 July and 27 August 2006. The cocktail will be offered upon presentation of the reservation confirmation. Image
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Tara wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:

Tara, we're staying in the Waverly due to the lack of Twin rooms in the Ibis, it's on Princes St and closer in price to the Ibis than the Apex :wink:
Summer is ready when you are

Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Eve wrote:
Tara wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote: AFFFFFFFFFFFFluence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tara, we're staying in the Waverly due to the lack of Twin rooms in the Ibis, it's on Princes St and closer in price to the Ibis than the Apex :wink:
If only I'd read the thread more carefully. The great deal I got in the Apex (I can actually hear Donny laughing) required me to pay up front and there is a cancellation charge, so the Apex will be having my custom that weekend.

BTW, I have also talked another Leinster away trip virgin into coming along on the trip, so when you meet her please don't tell her she could have stayed somewhere else for one third of the price!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Tara wrote:
Eve wrote:
Tara wrote: Look, they can guarantee me a twin bed, can Ibis do that?!?

If only I'd read the thread more carefully. The great deal I got in the Apex (I can actually hear Donny laughing) required me to pay up front and there is a cancellation charge, so the Apex will be having my custom that weekend.

BTW, I have also talked another Leinster away trip virgin into coming along on the trip, so when you meet her please don't tell her she could have stayed somewhere else for one third of the price!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, you've good hearing, I'll give you that!

And as for not telling your friend, well we'll see what happens :wink: