Edinburgh Accommodation

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Mauler
Seán Cronin

Post by Mauler »

Tara, you also get a complimentary little yellow rubber duck. I stayed there a few years ago and still have the duck :oops:
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

sheepshagger wrote:
rex banner wrote:Just booked the Ibis as well.
Sheepshagger will be picking up some hell of a commission :D
IBIS Hotels - official European Hotel room supplier to Leinster Fans :wink:
IBIS- I'll Be Inside Sheepshagging

Explains a lot!
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

apple sourz wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:
rex banner wrote:Just booked the Ibis as well.
Sheepshagger will be picking up some hell of a commission :D
IBIS Hotels - official European Hotel room supplier to Leinster Fans :wink:
IBIS- I'll Be Inside Sheepshagging

Explains a lot!
Read that wrong first time. Thought Sheepshagging said Sheepshagger. Palpitations!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Not that this helps anyone, but I've just booked a day trip to Edinburgh, courtesy of those nice people at BMI, for a bargain £59.65!

Starting to get all excited about the new season now! Roll on 3 weeks Friday...
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Mauler wrote:Tara, you also get a complimentary little yellow rubber duck. I stayed there a few years ago and still have the duck :oops:
There you go Donny - a complimentary newspaper and a free duck. If that doesn't persuade you to upgrade I don't know what will! :lol:
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Tara wrote:Shagger, do Ibis have an upmarket sister chain?
They do . . .but with IBIS being french most of their sister chains are only outside the UK/ROI. . . I think the only other part of Accor represented in Edinburgh is the Novotel.

**Please note I DO NOT work for Accor Hotels - I've just used them a bit for travelling, both for rugby trips and when i've been backpacking/travelling alone**
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

sheepshagger wrote:
They do . . .but with IBIS being french most of their sister chains are only outside the UK/ROI. . . I think the only other part of Accor represented in Edinburgh is the Novotel.

**Please note I DO NOT work for Accor Hotels - I've just used them a bit for travelling, both for rugby trips and when i've been backpacking/travelling alone**
Actually Shagger, when I was looking for another reservation in my emails today I came across a bundle of confirmations from Accor - I think they own all the Mercure hotels in Toulouse. We stayed in the Mercure Wilson and it more than met my very exacting demands.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Tara wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Actually Shagger, when I was looking for another reservation in my emails today I came across a bundle of confirmations from Accor - I think they own all the Mercure hotels in Toulouse. We stayed in the Mercure Wilson and it more than met my very exacting demands.
They do. ..I'll be using them a fair bit for the RWC next year.
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

Tara wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

They do indeed... and novotel and sofitel
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

StuF wrote:
Tara wrote:
sheepshagger wrote: They do . . .but with IBIS being french most of their sister chains are only outside the UK/ROI. . . I think the only other part of Accor represented in Edinburgh is the Novotel.

Do they have any chateaux?
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

Tara wrote:
StuF wrote:
Tara wrote: Actually Shagger, when I was looking for another reservation in my emails today I came across a bundle of confirmations from Accor - I think they own all the Mercure hotels in Toulouse. We stayed in the Mercure Wilson and it more than met my very exacting demands.
Do they have any chateaux?
edited for cwapness and losing the run of the thread
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

sexy_rexy wrote:Ibis for me, looks like we be taking over this here hotel! :shock:
Apparently so. Just booked in there myself!
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Hey i was just wondering if anybody is staying in the Novotel Hotel in Edinburgh (http://www.novotel.com). looks like we might have to cancel the ibis as we need an extra room....
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Has anyone ever stayed in the Murrayfield Hotel, or is it just used for drinking in? What's it like? I'm looking at accomodation for the night of the 28th and it's one of the options I found. Any other suggestions welcome too...... Thanks.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

jrc wrote:Has anyone ever stayed in the Murrayfield Hotel, or is it just used for drinking in? What's it like? I'm looking at accomodation for the night of the 28th and it's one of the options I found. Any other suggestions welcome too...... Thanks.
Murrayfield hotel is a bit out - handy for the stadium but little else. We're staying in the Waverly on Princes st.
Summer is ready when you are

El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

I have just booked the West End hotel for Stg€45.00 single room. Stayed there in May and it was fine (so long as your not bringing the missus). Nothing fancy but walking distance to town and pitch.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Eve wrote:
jrc wrote:Has anyone ever stayed in the Murrayfield Hotel, or is it just used for drinking in? What's it like? I'm looking at accomodation for the night of the 28th and it's one of the options I found. Any other suggestions welcome too...... Thanks.
Murrayfield hotel is a bit out - handy for the stadium but little else. We're staying in the Waverly on Princes st.
Eve, do you know if there is a residents bar in that hotel?
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

LeopoldButters wrote:
Eve wrote:
Eve, do you know if there is a residents bar in that hotel?
Checked the website - there is but it closes at 11pm :(

sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

More than likely going to have to book in a bag to go to Embra with Ryan Air (long story involving a cousin who lives over there). Does anyone know if I can book in a bag after booking the flight but before the day of the flight and pay €3.50 each way rather than the €7 each way if I turn up on the day with a bag? Sorry for the worst phrased question ever to be asked on this board, but I think you get what I mean!!
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

sexy_rexy wrote:More than likely going to have to book in a bag to go to Embra with Ryan Air (long story involving a cousin who lives over there). Does anyone know if I can book in a bag after booking the flight but before the day of the flight and pay €3.50 each way rather than the €7 each way if I turn up on the day with a bag? Sorry for the worst phrased question ever to be asked on this board, but I think you get what I mean!!
I imagine you can - log back on with your reference number and take it from there.