Gloucester accommodation

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Yup both links have same address and are both Premier Travel Inns.

incidentally the Inn has 60 rooms, looks like we'll be taking up most of them!!!
To which I add the following advice to anyone else staying there:

Wadworth's 6X is a very bitter, weak and often soapy tasting English Beer. Unless you've had it before then please stick to the Heineken or better still Harp. These will be more to your taste than the warm, flat, overly bitter, watery, rather unpleasent Wadworth's.
What are the chances of getting Boddingtons.... mmmmmm
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:Yup both links have same address and are both Premier Travel Inns.

incidentally the Inn has 60 rooms, looks like we'll be taking up most of them!!!
To which I add the following advice to anyone else staying there:

Wadworth's 6X is a very bitter, weak and often soapy tasting English Beer. Unless you've had it before then please stick to the Heineken or better still Harp. These will be more to your taste than the warm, flat, overly bitter, watery, rather unpleasent Wadworth's.
Yes, if they have Boddingtons, particularly smoothflow - then drink that - just avoid the Wadworths unless you're either experienced or your wife/girlfriend/room mate doesn't mind a bit of sicky uppy on their clothes :wink:
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote: To which I add the following advice to anyone else staying there:

Yes, if they have Boddingtons, particularly smoothflow - then drink that - just avoid the Wadworths unless you're either experienced or your wife/girlfriend/room mate doesn't mind a bit of sicky uppy on their clothes :wink:
Just what are you trying to imply :shock: :shock:
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote: What are the chances of getting Boddingtons.... mmmmmm
That I grew up in the age of chivalry but have lingered around too long and have become a dinosaur in this modern age :wink:
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote: Yes, if they have Boddingtons, particularly smoothflow - then drink that - just avoid the Wadworths unless you're either experienced or your wife/girlfriend/room mate doesn't mind a bit of sicky uppy on their clothes :wink:
That I grew up in the age of chivalry but have lingered around too long and have become a dinosaur in this modern age :wink:
well that's ok!

I thought you were saying I was a kd lang fan!!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote: Just what are you trying to imply :shock: :shock:
well that's ok!

:shock: That you might be a friend of Dorothy, on the bus to Hebden Bridge, or a fan of tennis, never crossed my mind :shock: Sorry for any implication however caused :shock:
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote: That I grew up in the age of chivalry but have lingered around too long and have become a dinosaur in this modern age :wink:
well that's ok!

:shock: That you might be a friend of Dorothy, on the bus to Hebden Bridge, or a fan of tennis, never crossed my mind :shock: Sorry for any implication however caused :shock:
Well suggesting that I have a wife or girlfriend is a pretty big implication ;) !!!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

sarah_lennon wrote:
Uncle Mort wrote:
sarah_lennon wrote: Just what are you trying to imply :shock: :shock:
well that's ok!

No self-respecting Buddhist would admit to a 'constant craving' though would they? :wink:
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Duke Raoul wrote:

No self-respecting Buddhist would admit to a 'constant craving' though would they? :wink:
If they were practicing self denial well enough they would!!!

Prefer the beer swilling buddhists myself!!!
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

Got a call back from Basil this evening, they still have rooms at the Longford Lodge! :)
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

harryp wrote:Got a call back from Basil this evening, they still have rooms at the Longford Lodge! :)
But do they sell Wadworth's 6X ?
Jim, the Glaws fan
Learner

Post by Jim, the Glaws fan »

I can't comment on the 6X situation, but rest assured no matter what accommodation you have in longford, it will not be far from the other. Longford is a very small place, and very close to town. I drove past them all yesterday and the TravelInn in Twigworth is exactly a mile from the Travel Inn in Longford, and the Longford Lodge B&B is just 200m further out of town than the Longford Travel Inn , the one with the beefeater restaurant/pub.
Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC Cherry & Whites Gloucester RFC