Agen Accommodation

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Tara wrote:We're staying in this place:

http://www.chateau-des-jacobins.com/swfEng/index.htm

Very reasonable rates

€98 for a double
Err but posh for a rugby weekend I think. . EUR 98 a night. . .the IBIS is EUR 99 for 3 nights ! 8)
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

May have to travel with Killester on this one, provided the price is right of course. It's our busiest time of the year and all leave is cancelled but I feel a sniffle coming on..... even at this early stage :wink:
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Donny Brooke wrote:

Very reasonable rates

€98 for a double
€ 110 for a room with two little beds and
€120 for a room with two large beds

The couple travelling are quite perturbed by the fact that the size of their bed is not specified.
Well la-de-da Miss Tara, very swanky indeed!
All us peasants squatting up in the Ibis while Miss Tara and her entourage take the air at the Chateau Des Jacobins!!!

The site is hilarious by the way

Apparantly you're in an "island of greenery where you'll be accompanied by the birds singing" :D :D

It also lists it's services as "Doctor, private clinic, police force and religious offices"

Just what sort of weekend are you planning Tara???? :shock: :shock:
That's Ms. TYVM.

Actually in my defence it was one of the lads who booked the room. We've slummed it before in France - a two star Immotel in Castres, where the "shower" comprised one of those plastic hosepipes attached to the taps and the lovely owners stormed in to our rooms at 12 on the day we were checking out and shouted "Out" at us repeatedly til we rose from our alcoholic stupor.

Of course you know that my real reason for booking into a different place is so I can score free drinks in your residents bar again. :wink:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Tara wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:

Very reasonable rates

€98 for a double
€ 110 for a room with two little beds and
€120 for a room with two large beds

The couple travelling are quite perturbed by the fact that the size of their bed is not specified.
Well la-de-da Miss Tara, very swanky indeed!
All us peasants squatting up in the Ibis while Miss Tara and her entourage take the air at the Chateau Des Jacobins!!!

Apparantly you're in an "island of greenery where you'll be accompanied by the birds singing" :D :D

It also lists it's services as "Doctor, private clinic, police force and religious offices"

That's Ms. TYVM.

Actually in my defence it was one of the lads who booked the room. We've slummed it before in France - a two star Immotel in Castres, where the "shower" comprised one of those plastic hosepipes attached to the taps and the lovely owners stormed in to our rooms at 12 on the day we were checking out and shouted "Out" at us repeatedly til we rose from our alcoholic stupor.

Of course you know that my real reason for booking into a different place is so I can score free drinks in your residents bar again. :wink:
They were only free cause ktf did his "give the wrong room number accidentally on purpose" trick.
Obviously being the son of a hotelier taught him something! :wink:

But this time I think we'll be visiting your resident bar to take in the ambience of the quality set.

Do you think the birds will still be singing at 3AM?

Could this be arranged, do you think? :D
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Tara wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote: Well la-de-da Miss Tara, very swanky indeed!

That's Ms. TYVM.

They were only free cause ktf did his "give the wrong room number accidentally on purpose" trick.
Obviously being the son of a hotelier taught him something! :wink:

But this time I think we'll be visiting your resident bar to take in the ambience of the quality set.

Do you think the birds will still be singing at 3AM?

Could this be arranged, do you think? :D
You mean I've been feeling in alcoholic debt to Dave Cahill all these months for no good reason? The drinks were free?

You will be more than welcome at our four star chateau. Would you believe that my mate who booked it was a bit annoyed at me for posting about it on the forum before they'd confirmed our booking? I mean he honestly thought there'd be a rush or something.

As for singing birds, get enough beer into H-Bomb and myself and we won't be able to help ourselves.
:D
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I was silly enough to give my actual room number, unlike Del Boy Ktf! :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Dave Cahill wrote:I was silly enough to give my actual room number, unlike Del Boy Ktf! :lol:
Well that is a relief. I hate wasted guilt. :)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Tara wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I was silly enough to give my actual room number, unlike Del Boy Ktf! :lol:
Not that theres any need for guilt, but it is at least appropriately directed
I have Bumbleflex
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Tara wrote:
Not that theres any need for guilt, but it is at least appropriately directed
Guilt is not about need - it's about being raised Catholic. :D
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

Just rang the Ibis Agen, no twin rooms available again, my girlfriend is really gonna get worried if this keeps up!! :oops:

Anyone wany swap a twin for a double! :roll: :roll:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Tara wrote:
You mean I've been feeling in alcoholic debt to Dave Cahill all these months for no good reason? The drinks were free?

You will be more than welcome at our four star chateau. Would you believe that my mate who booked it was a bit annoyed at me for posting about it on the forum before they'd confirmed our booking? I mean he honestly thought there'd be a rush or something.
As for singing birds, get enough beer into H-Bomb and myself and we won't be able to help ourselves.

That's gas!
You can just imagine us all saying "quick lads, cancel the Ibis, Tara knows a place where we can pay three times as much for the weekend!"

As for you and H-Bomb singing, I'd be careful if I were you.
They've very strict laws regarding noise pollution in France apparantly. :lol: :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Donny Brooke wrote: They've very strict laws regarding noise pollution in France apparantly. :lol: :lol:
I know this is off topic, but the french are responsible for the volume limiter on european iPods
I have Bumbleflex
sarah_lennon
Jamie Heaslip

Post by sarah_lennon »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote: They've very strict laws regarding noise pollution in France apparantly. :lol: :lol:
I know this is off topic, but the french are responsible for the volume limiter on european iPods
God Damn It I hate volume limiters, If I want to perforate my eardrums its my business
Ici, ici, c'est Dublin 4
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Tara wrote:

That's gas!
You can just imagine us all saying "quick lads, cancel the Ibis, Tara knows a place where we can pay three times as much for the weekend!"

They've very strict laws regarding noise pollution in France apparantly. :lol: :lol:
His exact words were:

"as we haven't confirmed our booking i would be reluctant to post it on the site - is that out of keeping with the spirit of Leinsterfans? - or would you not be concerned by their ability to match our purchasing power?"

As for your other comment - that's unfair ... on H-Bomb.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Tara wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:
Tara wrote:

That's gas!

His exact words were:

"as we haven't confirmed our booking i would be reluctant to post it on the site - is that out of keeping with the spirit of Leinsterfans? - or would you not be concerned by their ability to match our purchasing power?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I assume your friend is another legal professional?
Do you people talk like that ALL the time?

And as for the singing, I'm only kidding.
In fact I can't remember hearing you or H-Bomb singing before, but I'm sure that'll be rectified over a number of away trips :D
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Donny Brooke wrote:
Tara wrote:
Donny Brooke wrote:
That's gas!

His exact words were:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Can I assume your friend is another legal professional?
Do you people talk like that ALL the time?

And as for the singing, I'm only kidding.
In fact I can't remember hearing you or H-Bomb singing before, but I'm sure that'll be rectified over a number of away trips :D
He is indeed. How ever did you guess? And yes, we do talk like that all the time.

Believe me Donny, the sound of me singing, once heard, is never forgotten. :D