Now all we have to worry about....

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Now all we have to worry about....

Post by Leinsterman »

..... is tickets! Last season we had about 1500 season ticket holders (including family tickets). This season we have 3500 already. Now tickets will be ok for the Embra game (Murrayfield will be big enough) and the Agen game I would imagine (off the beaten track) but how many people will travel to Gloucester? How will they determine the pecking order if 2000-3000 decide to travel? :shock:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Now all we have to worry about....

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinsterman wrote:..... is tickets! Last season we had about 1500 season ticket holders (including family tickets). This season we have 3500 already. Now tickets will be ok for the Embra game (Murrayfield will be big enough) and the Agen game I would imagine (off the beaten track) but how many people will travel to Gloucester? How will they determine the pecking order if 2000-3000 decide to travel? :shock:
The club, as in Leinster, are entitled to 1950 tickets minimum under the rules of the HEC
I have Bumbleflex
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

1950 divided by 3500 equals 0.557 tickets per person, assuming everyone heads. Just think back to Bath last season when we were able to apply for a shedload of tickets .... that won't ahppen this year. We'll probably get an allocation of 1 each initially. I'm just wondering how they'll manage it if 2500 ticket applications come in from season ticket holders. :?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinsterman wrote:1950 divided by 3500 equals 0.557 tickets per person, assuming everyone heads. Just think back to Bath last season when we were able to apply for a shedload of tickets .... that won't ahppen this year. We'll probably get an allocation of 1 each initially. I'm just wondering how they'll manage it if 2500 ticket applications come in from season ticket holders. :?
They won't, and anyway, thats the bare minimum allowed. More may be forthcoming, and there are "ways and means"
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Realistically though, not everyone will go.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:1950 divided by 3500 equals 0.557 tickets per person, assuming everyone heads. Just think back to Bath last season when we were able to apply for a shedload of tickets .... that won't ahppen this year. We'll probably get an allocation of 1 each initially. I'm just wondering how they'll manage it if 2500 ticket applications come in from season ticket holders. :?
They won't, and anyway, thats the bare minimum allowed. More may be forthcoming, and there are "ways and means"
Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself and comparing us to the "best fans in the world like"
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Leinsterman wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself and comparing us to the "best fans in the world like"
How could we ever hope to compete living as we do in their eternal shadow we're just soooooooo lucky to have them as an example of what real fans are like and we should so try to be more like them they really are the best they are supercalifragilisticexpidaladocious
I have Bumbleflex
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Leinsterman wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
We're prettier though :wink:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeinsterBabe wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: They won't, and anyway, thats the bare minimum allowed. More may be forthcoming, and there are "ways and means"
Yes, I am 8)
I have Bumbleflex
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

LeinsterBabe wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote: They won't, and anyway, thats the bare minimum allowed. More may be forthcoming, and there are "ways and means"
Did someone mention Affffluence...?? :roll:..... :lol:
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
CulchieAbroad
Knowledgeable

Post by CulchieAbroad »

Every season ticket holder is not going to travel to Glaws. I'd imagine season ticket holders will end up being able to buy 2 each at least. A lot of the season tickets are for families who won't travel never mind everyone else. I think the "hardcore" will not have to worry about tickets.
McCloud
Knowledgeable

Post by McCloud »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Leinsterman wrote:
How could we ever hope to compete living as we do in their eternal shadow we're just soooooooo lucky to have them as an example of what real fans are like and we should so try to be more like them they really are the best they are supercalifragilisticexpidaladocious
Many thanks Dave, good of you to be so fulsome in your praise. Glad you have finally seen the light 8)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

McCloud wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Leinsterman wrote: Perhaps I'm getting a bit ahead of myself and comparing us to the "best fans in the world like"
Many thanks Dave, good of you to be so fulsome in your praise. Glad you have finally seen the light 8)
:P :lol:
I have Bumbleflex