Edinburgh Travel

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Re: Flightwatch

Post by Duff Paddy »

LeinsterBabe wrote:
I think a lot of people have their flights booked already.
Well I wasn't near a computer yesterday so I'm working out my options now Ms Smarty Pants.
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Duff Paddy wrote:
LeinsterBabe wrote:
Well I wasn't near a computer yesterday so I'm working out my options now Ms Smarty Pants.
Got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, Duff? :D
LeinsterBabe
Mullet

Post by LeinsterBabe »

Duff Paddy wrote: Well I wasn't near a computer yesterday so I'm working out my options now Ms Smarty Pants.
Calm down. I was just saying :oops:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

claire_m wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
LeinsterBabe wrote:
Well if I wanted anyone to point out the blatantly obvious, I would have asked
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Looks like munster are playing at home 'round Duffs
I have Bumbleflex
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Duff Paddy wrote:
claire_m wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote: Well I wasn't near a computer yesterday so I'm working out my options now Ms Smarty Pants.
Well if I wanted anyone to point out the blatantly obvious, I would have asked
tbh, it seems as if most people have sorted everything out. I haven't thought about it yet, but there's not much point in my posting what the costs of flights etc are, as I'll be going from London. Haven't looked into accommodation yet, so I'll be the one sleeping in the local bus shelters as all the rooms will have been booked by the time I get my backside into gear though!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Okay I can get out Sunday morning with Ryanair for 40yoyos and back Monday afternoon with Aer Lingus for 5yoyo.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

I booked with Ryan air, lunch time Sat back 3ish on Monday, €90. There's also an early morning flight on Sat or Sunday which may still be cheap(like the budgie)
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Right. Glaws trip. Out Friday lunchtime back Monday lunchtime with Aer Lingus, 6 euro return. Pricey, but what the hell.
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Duff Paddy wrote:Right. Glaws trip. Out Friday lunchtime back Monday lunchtime with Aer Lingus, 6 euro return. Pricey, but what the hell.

€6 eh, what airport is that to?! :idea:
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

sexy_rexy wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Right. Glaws trip. Out Friday lunchtime back Monday lunchtime with Aer Lingus, 6 euro return. Pricey, but what the hell.

€6 eh, what airport is that to?! :idea:
Birmingham.
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Fukkit. Embra flights booked with Aer Lingus.

Out Saturday @ 13:20 flight
Back Monday @ 20:30 flight

136 yoyos. Cheapest I could get at this point as I'd say demand is climbing since the announcement of dates.
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

T.C.B. wrote:Fukkit. Embra flights booked with Aer Lingus.

136 yoyos. Cheapest I could get at this point as I'd say demand is climbing since the announcement of dates.
Jayer you could have gone out with Ryanair sunday morning for 40euro and back with Aer Lingus Monday lunchtime for 5 squid. Not sure if that would have worked out cheaper after tax and this new "handling fee".

What about easyjet from Belfast? Anyone checked that out?
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

My friend just booked us flights to Embra for 120 return going on the Fri I think and back on the Monday.
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Well forget about Easyjet Belfast - Edinburgh, it's way more expensive, before you even count the cost of getting to Belfast.
Eve
Mullet Moderator

Post by Eve »

Duff Paddy wrote:

Jayer you could have gone out with Ryanair sunday morning for 40euro and back with Aer Lingus Monday lunchtime for 5 squid. Not sure if that would have worked out cheaper after tax and this new "handling fee".

That's how we're going - Fri to Mon, about €65 each all in!
Summer is ready when you are

T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Duff Paddy wrote:

Well one of my school-friends is living over there so will probably organise to go out with her on the Saturday night. I'd also like to have a better look around the city as the two times I've been there have been rugby-related so involved much beering.
I'm actually off to there next weekend for said friend's boyfriend's 30th birthday bash!
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Someone seriously needs to get their priorities right! :shock:
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Larne - Stranraer ferry

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Am considering a motoring holiday with wife & wains for a few days, clubs in the boot and taking in the match on the Sunday. Anybody know how far it is from Stranaer to Edinburgh and what the road is like?
A proud Winsome Fluter
sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Larne - Stranraer ferry

Post by sexy_rexy »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Am considering a motoring holiday with wife & wains for a few days, clubs in the boot and taking in the match on the Sunday. Anybody know how far it is from Stranaer to Edinburgh and what the road is like?
Did it a few years ago in a bus on a rugby trip so can't really remember what it was like, other than it was windy 'till Glasgow and then very good to Embra. It's nearly 3 hours but it's a very good looking road from Stranraer to Glasgow.