Not wanting to tempt fate,have you made any Cardiff plans?

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Have you booked anything for the Final yet ?

Flights and hotel
8%
Boat and hotel
14%
Hotel only
7%
Flights only
6%
Boat only
7%
Thinking about a charter if we get there
8%
Still thinking about it
9%
Tickets only - will worry about the rest if we get there
6%
Won't go even if we are there
5%
I Live in the UK so its easier
5%
Everything sorted - only go if we are there
3%
Everything sorted - will go regardless
22%

Total votes: 86

honeyec
Mullet

Re: Not wanting to tempt fate,have you made any Cardiff plan

Post by honeyec »

bluemagic wrote:This thread is terrifying me, Im not sure why everyone is so confident!
No-one is taking it as a given that we'll win on Saturday, far from it, but you'd be a bloody fool not to be making arrangements for the final at this stage. Well, unless you don't mind spending an extra couple of hundred quid by waiting until approx. 5.30pm on Saturday to start booking the trip, that is.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

honeyec wrote:
bluemagic wrote:This thread is terrifying me, Im not sure why everyone is so confident!
No-one is taking it as a given that we'll win on Saturday, far from it, but you'd be a bloody fool not to be making arrangements for the final at this stage. Well, unless you don't mind spending an extra couple of hundred quid by waiting until approx. 5.30pm on Saturday to start booking the trip, that is.
+1
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Rouge&noir wrote:Hello Leinster fans!

As a Toulouse supporter, I don't want to speak about Cardiff plans, but about Dublin plans. I am currently in Clare county to work in a farm in exchange of accommodations.
I will be to the game next saturday, and I would like to know if somebody is interested to host me this week-end or few days more. In exchange I would do some works in the house, garden or anything you need to be done.
If you are interested or if you want to know more, just drop me a message.

Good game anyway. I hope one of our team will win the Heineken cup this year.
Oh, and Rouge&Noir, I don't live in Dublin so I'm no good to you, but you should try emailing or calling the Ray Darcy show on Today FM, they're usually good for putting requests like this out on-air and they normally get a good response.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

honeyec wrote:
There is also the possibility of being the "bloody fool" who doesn't fancy going to Cardiff to watch 2 French teams, but cant flog his/her tickets/hotel/travel.

You pays your money (or not) and takes your choice. Personally I have 3 separate plans for getting to and staying near Cardiff, none of which will be put in place until 17:00 on Saturday.

I would find the pain of defeat enough to deal with without the rest. (Not saying that we are going to lose or anything, just not tempting fate)
baaba maal
Knowledgeable

Post by baaba maal »

Hi Rouge et Noir

I pm'd you so contact me if you can as soon as possible

thanks
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

just booked the boat for 4 peeps from Rosslare to Fishguard....Friday to Sunday....

flexi might i add so can get refund too!

470 total, seems reasonable.
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leezer wrote:just booked the boat for 4 peeps from Rosslare to Fishguard....Friday to Sunday....

flexi might i add so can get refund too!

470 total, seems reasonable.
Includes car?
Leezer
Enlightened

Post by Leezer »

johng wrote: Includes car?
Yep - Leinster Chariot!
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Stalk me on ye olde Tweet Machine!!!!!!!
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

We have provisional booking for 6 with Marathon sports travel on the Rosslare - Pembroke to Newport. 2 nights for € 219 a head.

Seems very straightforward. Now lads make our dream come true
Donald
Mullet

Post by Donald »

2 of us booked the 2 night stay with Marathon Sports and staying in Cardiff all for €349. Anyone else on this trip?
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

when buying tickets from ticketmaster, delivery method is post but only to GB or NI. Have ROI customers just got to select NI?
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Darce wrote:when buying tickets from ticketmaster, delivery method is post but only to GB or NI. Have ROI customers just got to select NI?
Nope, there should be an ROI option, they deliver by Fedex.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

I'm following the link from http://www.ercrugby.com/eng/ then selecting heineken cup, then i find my tickets but there is only an option to deliver to GB or NI
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

sheepshagger wrote:
Darce wrote:when buying tickets from ticketmaster, delivery method is post but only to GB or NI. Have ROI customers just got to select NI?
Nope, there should be an ROI option, they deliver by Fedex.
Where is Shaggers customary post that comes in every single tickets thread. "Wait for the Leinster allocation so we are all together" :wink:
Darce
Shane Jennings

Post by Darce »

Ended up booking via the phone in the end
"I don't do desserts"

The Front Lives on
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

honeyec wrote:
OK. I caved. Credit to Honeyec. She was right.

Based on my monitoring of the flights etc. I could see a massive spike approaching at 5:30 tomorrow. ( I was even planning having someone sitting at a PC during the game awaiting my text)

I had return flights to the UK for 27 bills. (Which were worth a punt in fairness if I had booked) But as the week went on, you would have to travel on Friday morning and back on Monday night to keep that price. This would mean 2 days off work and hotels etc.

So I have, out Friday Morning, back Sunday night, for 90 bills all in. 1 day off work, 1 less night in hotel. cushti.

I look on it as putting 90 bills on Leinster to win. (Not as good as putting 27 on them, but there you go) If they lose I lose 90 bucks (Or perhaps I will go for a weekend in the lake district or somewhere)

I will still buy my match tickets from the Leinster allocation (If we win) and I have a cunning plan for accommodation. :wink:
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

johng wrote:
honeyec wrote:
OK. I caved. Credit to Honeyec. She was right.

Based on my monitoring of the flights etc. I could see a massive spike approaching at 5:30 tomorrow. ( I was even planning having someone sitting at a PC during the game awaiting my text)

I had return flights to the UK for 27 bills. (Which were worth a punt in fairness if I had booked) But as the week went on, you would have to travel on Friday morning and back on Monday night to keep that price. This would mean 2 days off work and hotels etc.

So I have, out Friday Morning, back Sunday night, for 90 bills all in. 1 day off work, 1 less night in hotel. cushti.

I look on it as putting 90 bills on Leinster to win. (Not as good as putting 27 on them, but there you go) If they lose I lose 90 bucks (Or perhaps I will go for a weekend in the lake district or somewhere)

I will still buy my match tickets from the Leinster allocation (If we win) and I have a cunning plan for accommodation. :wink:
Really Johng......as cunning as a Fox who's graduated from Oxford University with a degree in cunning? :)
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

gfo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by gfo »

Late to the party and all that, but anyone got any info on ferrying it to holyhead and getting to cardiff from there?
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

gfo wrote:Late to the party and all that, but anyone got any info on ferrying it to holyhead and getting to cardiff from there?
Drive, or thumb a lift. I dont mean to be flippant, but its a sh!t journey.

While I havent checked, I'm sure you could get a train to somewhere in England (Birmingham?) and change to get to Cardiff. Try www.thetrainline.co.uk for potential trains.
Get in the f%~king bag.