Friday night hotel plea

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

claire_m
Shane Jennings

Friday night hotel plea

Post by claire_m »

Hello! I have a plea on behalf of some Harlequins supporters.

We're playing in the Amlin Challenge Cup final on the Friday night. Although the supporters club is laying on coaches, some people want to stay over. The only problem (as you're all no doubt discovering!) is that there are neither no hotel rooms, or rooms for 2 nights.

I was wondering whether anyone has a hotel room booked that they don't need for the Friday night. I know of at least 5 people who are after hotels. If anyone can help at all, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you :D
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Re: Friday night hotel plea

Post by TerenureJim »

Try the Park Inn North, I've heard there's about 20 rooms available on the Friday night, that said that was between 9&10 am this morning.
scrum25
Knowledgeable

Post by scrum25 »

I have three rooms for both nights in IBIS We have not booked our travel yet and if we go over Sat morn will be looking to offload the Friday night

Should know position in next day or two and if available will PM you
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

scrum25 wrote:I have three rooms for both nights in IBIS We have not booked our travel yet and if we go over Sat morn will be looking to offload the Friday night

Should know position in next day or two and if available will PM you
that's great, thanks :D
combatlogo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by combatlogo »

Only just saw this, cancelled a twin on the Friday in the Maldron a few hours ago, try them.
Mackman15
Mullet

Post by Mackman15 »

claire_m wrote:Hello! I have a plea on behalf of some Harlequins supporters.

We're playing in the Amlin Challenge Cup final on the Friday night. Although the supporters club is laying on coaches, some people want to stay over. The only problem (as you're all no doubt discovering!) is that there are neither no hotel rooms, or rooms for 2 nights.

I was wondering whether anyone has a hotel room booked that they don't need for the Friday night. I know of at least 5 people who are after hotels. If anyone can help at all, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you :D
No doubt you have tried already but would posting same on MFans site possibly be more productive.
They'll be offloading everything.

My apologies if you've covered this first out of the gate.
"Since coming back to Ireland, Leinster really has become my home.............." Leinster & Ireland's No. 1 THP
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Thanks guys. We're not having much luck! I haven't tried MF, though have suggested it to the guys who are after hotels. Damn Cardiff and its smallness!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

having the same problem finding accom. anyone recommend somewhere close to cardiff?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:having the same problem finding accom. anyone recommend somewhere close to cardiff?
I found the following site which shows what's available around Cardiff. You could always reserve something nearby and then if you find somewhere in Cardiff, go there instead (which is what my friends are doing)

EDIT: this search is for 20 May and 1 night, so you would need to change the parametres before settling on something.

http://www.booking.com/searchresults.ht ... ar_group=1
Bebster

Post by Bebster »

Hi

Try the hostels in Cardiff

Cheers