Agen Travel

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

sheepshagger wrote:
apple sourz wrote:I'm sorry but I cannot take a weekend off and pay nearly 600 euro for a one night trip (before you buy a drink) just before Christmas.
Don't know many people who could to be honest. . . .I hope no focker books this - he is basically a tout - taking advanatage of an away game and fleecing people. . .THIEF !
Just looked at that Atlantic Hotel website just out of interest.

It's normally €43 per night for a single and €46 for a double.

Looks like a bit of a kip as well.
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

apple sourz wrote:I'm sorry but I cannot take a weekend off and pay nearly 600 euro for a one night trip (before you buy a drink) just before Christmas.
In fairness .... I don't see many people getting change from EUR 600 for that weekend.

(That said, the one-nighter is a ridiculous price!)

Given that Agen is the weekend before Christmas - I'm impressed to see how many people are planning to go. Are you all expecting hefty pre-Xmas bonuses? :cry:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ckav wrote:
In fairness .... I don't see many people getting change from EUR 600 for that weekend.

Given that Agen is the weekend before Christmas - I'm impressed to see how many people are planning to go. Are you all expecting hefty pre-Xmas bonuses? :cry:
No, I've decided my family aren't worthy of gifts this year!
I have Bumbleflex
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Dave Cahill wrote:
ckav wrote:

No, I've decided my family aren't worthy of gifts this year!

I think I'll adopt a similar approach.

Yes, being August 01, our thoughts naturally turn to Yuletide celebrations. :?
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Despite wanting to do a proper away trip this year, I don't think I'll be going to Agen. Well, not unless I win the lottery, and as I don't actually do it, I suspect the chances of that happening are quite small!

I'll be in a pub somewhere, looking on, and wishing...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

ckav wrote:

Unfortunately not, but all my christmas gifts will have to be bought from Aldi this year. :P

Are you planning to make the trip yourself Ckav?
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Donny Brooke wrote:
ckav wrote:

Unfortunately not, but all my christmas gifts will have to be bought from Aldi this year. :P

Are you planning to make the trip yourself Ckav?
I'd love to , but I really dont think it's feasible. It's too pricey at the most expensive time of the year. More power to people who have booked and paid for their flights and accommodation up front - but there's still the $$$$ aspect once you get there.....I'm not disciplined or organised enough to budget and plan for it!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

ckav wrote:

I wish !

No. I paid 130 for the flight (paid for that last month). . the hotel is 99 for 3 nights (will stick that away this month). . will put 100 aside for trains etc the following month. . then all I need when i get there is drink tokens (and I can always throw aside a bit between now and then for that). . .so even though its just before Christmas it shouldnt be to bad on the wallet :)
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

SheepShagger-enomics.

I'm impressed, Dude. Wish I had your discipline!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

ckav wrote:SheepShagger-enomics.

I'm impressed, Dude. Wish I had your discipline!
I'm lucky I can take the Friday / Monday off. . I feel sorry for the people who can't (so their only option is with Killester) which is clearly robbery :cry:
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

I've booked flights to Carcassone, Fri-Mon, 170 euro. What are most people doing, staying in Agen itself or in other places?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

jrc wrote:I've booked flights to Carcassone, Fri-Mon, 170 euro. What are most people doing, staying in Agen itself or in other places?
At the moment we've the three nights in the Ibis Agen booked for the €99 long weekend special.

I'm beginning to think that by Sunday Agen may have worn out it's welcome and it might be better to spend the Sunday in Toulouse. Handier for the train back to Carcassone the next morning too.
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Anyone interested in the following proposistion?
Fly to La Rochelle, on the Sat. arriving 9.10am
3 hour 15 minute drive to Agen arriving in plenty of time for the 4.30pm KO
Overnight in Agen.
2 hour drive to Carcassone for a 1pm flight direct to Dublin on Sunday.
Inc. car hire this is working out at well below €200 (depending on how many sharing the cost of the car hire).
This doesn't include accommodation of course but it is still going to work out a lot cheaper than the Killester Travel rip off.
I don't mind the driving but it would be good to share a bit of it.
If you are interested pm me
ps this is of course all dependant on the permission from the ball and chain of course but at least I am only away for 1 full day
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

El Diablo wrote:Anyone interested in the following proposistion?
Fly to La Rochelle, on the Sat. arriving 9.10am
3 hour 15 minute drive to Agen arriving in plenty of time for the 4.30pm KO
Overnight in Agen.
2 hour drive to Carcassone for a 1pm flight direct to Dublin on Sunday.
Inc. car hire this is working out at well below €200 (depending on how many sharing the cost of the car hire).
This doesn't include accommodation of course but it is still going to work out a lot cheaper than the Killester Travel rip off.
I don't mind the driving but it would be good to share a bit of it.
If you are interested pm me
ps this is of course all dependant on the permission from the ball and chain of course but at least I am only away for 1 full day
El D. I'll talk to you about it this Sunday in Brittas.

Deal?
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

It will be interesting to see what they are charging for Gloucester considering I'm flying into the same airport and staying in the Holiday Inn. I paid under €200 for the weekend.

I have written to the Leinster Branch to express my disgust at the price Killester Travel are charging. While I appreciate the Leinster Branch cannot dicatate what Killester should charge, they must surely carry some clout.

If it's ok with you guys (and gals) I think I'll write to some other travel agents who may actually be interested in providing travel packages for us?
mmmmm......... it's minty and it's gooooood
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

apple sourz wrote:It will be interesting to see what they are charging for Gloucester considering I'm flying into the same airport and staying in the Holiday Inn. I paid under €200 for the weekend.

I have written to the Leinster Branch to express my disgust at the price Killester Travel are charging. While I appreciate the Leinster Branch cannot dicatate what Killester should charge, they must surely carry some clout.

If it's ok with you guys (and gals) I think I'll write to some other travel agents who may actually be interested in providing travel packages for us?
Va le Sourz.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Total faith in you Apple, its fine by me anyway
I have Bumbleflex
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

apple sourz wrote:Holy sh!t!!! Killester produce the goods again!

HEINEKEN CUP - AGEN V LEINSTER (Agen Saturday 16th December 2006 Kick Off 16:30)
We are running a 1 night trip staying in either Toulouse or Agen. Toulouse is about a 1 hour transfer to Agen. Flight will be a charter flight from Dublin into Toulouse. Agen is a much quiter town and the hotels are not as good as hotels in Toulouse.

PACKAGE 1: Holiday Inn Toulouse Centre €475 pps / SGL €535
PACKAGE 2: Atlantic Hotel Agen Centre €425 pps /SGL €450

EXTRAS
Airport taxes €50 , Match ticket €tba

FLIGHT DETAILS:
* All flight times TBC. (Charter)
Even though I predicted that they would do this I'm f%~king gobsmacked that they still haven't sussed out their market. Bunch of useless tw@ts. I just don't understand how you can book charters year upon year and year and not realise why you're not shifting the tickets.

grrrrrrr
StuF
Mullet

Post by StuF »

apple sourz wrote:It will be interesting to see what they are charging for Gloucester considering I'm flying into the same airport and staying in the Holiday Inn. I paid under €200 for the weekend.

There has to be someone out there that can see the value in this market. Especially after what happened with people travelling to Toulouse by every means possible. Allez monsiour!!!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

StuF wrote:
apple sourz wrote:Holy sh!t!!! Killester produce the goods again!

HEINEKEN CUP - AGEN V LEINSTER (Agen Saturday 16th December 2006 Kick Off 16:30)
We are running a 1 night trip staying in either Toulouse or Agen. Toulouse is about a 1 hour transfer to Agen. Flight will be a charter flight from Dublin into Toulouse. Agen is a much quiter town and the hotels are not as good as hotels in Toulouse.

PACKAGE 1: Holiday Inn Toulouse Centre €475 pps / SGL €535
PACKAGE 2: Atlantic Hotel Agen Centre €425 pps /SGL €450

EXTRAS
Airport taxes €50 , Match ticket €tba

FLIGHT DETAILS:
* All flight times TBC. (Charter)
Even though I predicted that they would do this I'm f%~king gobsmacked that they still haven't sussed out their market. Bunch of useless tw@ts. I just don't understand how you can book charters year upon year and year and not realise why you're not shifting the tickets.

grrrrrrr
so let me get this straight, they'll offer you one night in the poxy Holiday Inn for 525euro not including match ticket? I'd just ask them to kiss me, cause I like to get kissed when I'm getting royally focked.