Agen Travel

Forum to enable fans to provide help and tips on travel arrangements to away matches, as well as for opposition fans travelling to the Irish capital for matches.

Moderator: moderators

sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Fock Ryanair Piss me off with this stuff :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

sheepshagger wrote:Fock Ryanair Piss me off with this stuff :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
If The Ibis had their own airline, it'd probably be the best airline in the world :lol:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

limecat wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Fock Ryanair Piss me off with this stuff :cry: :cry: :cry: :evil:
If The Ibis had their own airline, it'd probably be the best airline in the world :lol:
Well they wouldnt charge EUR 105 EACH WAY PLUS TAX for these flights that they are now :evil:
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

sheepshagger wrote:Well they wouldnt charge EUR 105 EACH WAY PLUS TAX for these flights that they are now :evil:
Very true, but you'd have to ring them to confirm that you wanted two separate seats on the plane, as opposed to sharing a double seat with some other bloke :roll:
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

How many of us are doing the same flight thing? 2 7/8 minibus/vans between us would go a long way. Driving on ice wont be a problem. It's getting people to stop drinking early the night before that'll be the problem.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

meinster wrote:How many of us are doing the same flight thing? 2 7/8 minibus/vans between us would go a long way. Driving on ice wont be a problem. It's getting people to stop drinking early the night before that'll be the problem.
Do you not need a PSV licence or something to drive mini - buses? i think we need to relax about the ice - road, i was checking AA europe and it seems that most of the road is motorway, also the possible times we are driving should be ok, my plan would be 2pm on the friday and leave Agen around 9am on the sunday. unless there is someone who doesn't drink i can't see us makin it to toulouse if we go for a driving option :cry: :cry: :cry:
CRAZYDAVE
Rhys Ruddock

Post by CRAZYDAVE »

LeopoldButters wrote:
meinster wrote:How many of us are doing the same flight thing? 2 7/8 minibus/vans between us would go a long way. Driving on ice wont be a problem. It's getting people to stop drinking early the night before that'll be the problem.
Do you not need a PSV licence or something to drive mini - buses? i think we need to relax about the ice - road, i was checking AA europe and it seems that most of the road is motorway, also the possible times we are driving should be ok, my plan would be 2pm on the friday and leave Agen around 9am on the sunday. unless there is someone who doesn't drink i can't see us makin it to toulouse if we go for a driving option :cry: :cry: :cry:
You need someone with a category D irish driving licence of you're going to hire a minibus. The licence will cover you for up to 16 people.
T - 45
jrc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by jrc »

Hiring a mini-bus generally works out dearer than two or three cars, in my experience. I've driven on the motorways in that part of the world before and they're great. Really well signed, and good quality roads. I'm probably going to rent a car from Carcasonne.
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

jrc wrote:Hiring a mini-bus generally works out dearer than two or three cars, in my experience. I've driven on the motorways in that part of the world before and they're great. Really well signed, and good quality roads. I'm probably going to rent a car from Carcasonne.
Unless these trains can get sorted out i think the car could be the best option! so who's thinking of renting cars? and who has a full licence?
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

LeopoldButters wrote:Do you not need a PSV licence or something to drive mini - buses?/quote]AFAIK only if it's the P of that PSV (i.e. Public use / fare paying passengers). I'm not sure on that mind you, but the rental sites say nothing other than full license required, and I've collected/driven one before on the strength of my full irish (brekkie and license).
LeopoldButters wrote:i think we need to relax about the ice
Aye.
jrc wrote:Hiring a mini-bus generally works out dearer than two or three cars, in my experience
. Maybe .. Hertz are quoting 210 for a Zafira 7 seater (which really is a comfortable 6 seater I'd guess?), vs 130 for the cheapest car (a Corsa 4 seater .. now that'd be fun!!).

Anywho, it was only an idea! It's probably too much effort to organise for the sake of a couple of quid.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

meinster hav u checked out europcar....bit cheaper

https://www.europcar.com/tools/frameset ... ADER=false

around 118e for a standard compact car (eg golf, renault(french style) etc).......
LeopoldButters
Enlightened

Post by LeopoldButters »

jamoTec wrote:meinster hav u checked out europcar....bit cheaper

around 118e for a standard compact car (eg golf, renault(french style) etc).......
Ok i've been persuaded that driving is the best option, i'm going for the car and two nites in the Ibis in Agen (unless someone wants to stay of the drink and drive me to toulouse). so are we setting up a convoy?
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

LeopoldButters wrote:
jamoTec wrote:meinster hav u checked out europcar....bit cheaper

Ok i've been persuaded that driving is the best option, i'm going for the car and two nites in the Ibis in Agen (unless someone wants to stay of the drink and drive me to toulouse). so are we setting up a convoy?
Bags being the Rubber Duck. Ten Four. Over and out.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

sexy_rexy
Rhys Ruddock

Post by sexy_rexy »

Cause we gotta little ol' convoy, rockin' through the night ........
Duke Raoul
Seán Cronin

Post by Duke Raoul »

Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the rubber duck. you gotta copy on me, pig pen, cmon? Ah, yeah, 10-4, pig pen, fer shure, fer shure. By golly, its clean clear to flag town, cmon.
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

jamoTec wrote:meinster hav u checked out europcar
Not yet.. ta for the tip!
Drico
Knowledgeable

Post by Drico »

I'm not sure if you know about this.

Todays Times
The times wrote:“This tournament is at a stage now where we can offer something different,” Derek McGrath, the chief executive of European Rugby Cup Ltd, said. Stade Français have asked permission to move to Parc des Princes for their pool match against Sale, Agen are contemplating playing Leinster in Bordeaux and Cardiff Blues have switched their pool match against Leicester on October 29 to the Millennium Stadium.
Oh, I'm crazy? Those f**kin' hobbit movies were boring as hell. All it was, was a bunch of people walking, three movies of people walking to a f**king volcano.
jamoTec
Bookworm

Post by jamoTec »

oh no!!!!
Tara
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Tara »

Drico wrote:I'm not sure if you know about this.

Todays Times
The times wrote:“This tournament is at a stage now where we can offer something different,” Derek McGrath, the chief executive of European Rugby Cup Ltd, said. Stade Français have asked permission to move to Parc des Princes for their pool match against Sale, Agen are contemplating playing Leinster in Bordeaux and Cardiff Blues have switched their pool match against Leicester on October 29 to the Millennium Stadium.
Ah for feck's sake. We're flying to Toulouse and staying in Agen. This is potentially disastrous. It's discrimination against the organised. :x I blame harry for that post about getting 5,000 travelling supporters at HEC away games. He's clearly gotten the folks in Agen over-excited. :wink:
"What is immediately striking is that as soon as an oval ball appears in a group of men there's an extraordinary release of heat." Robert Roy
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Really I can't see that happening. Would be pretty disgraceful if it did, but it is one thing to move a match from one part of the same city to another. Quite another to actually change city. Still, for those who are disorganised....